Hard knocks

jonahdsage

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Is it me or does Marvin really have it out for Chris Henry, and he should but i really wonder how much Marvin wants him on the team. Anybody else get worried about him getting cut or something stupid, its probably just me, but man does marvin ride him. (Like i said he should, and its a good thing). I just wouldnt want to see him cut i think he can be really really good for this team this year! Ok like i said im proably the only one worried lol!

I wouldn't worry about Henry being cut.

Oh anybody else have a problem with Chad in the middle of the huddle giving that awsome motivational speech, man i hope they have somebody else in there getting the guys pumped up, because that sure wouldnt pump me up. "KISS THE BABY" on three.....what the heck.

You cannot be serious. :blink:

Shirley Knocks people down, i kind of like him so far as an O-Lineman

he flattened a 3rd teamer for sure. I like that Bobbie was coaching him up and that he seemed eager to learn.

I'd rather keep Shirley than Parrish. AP looks slow and handcuffed.

I hope DeDe and Tom Nelson makes the team. This team needs speed and they have it in droves.

the batte at RB, WR, and LB means there will be a few bengals cuts who will make some very good teams. not often that happens.

TE is still a question mark. Coffman can only progress so fast. I am perplexed by Utecht's injury, needing to be IR'd? The guys there now are below par if Coates isthe starter.

B Scott is a shoe-in.

I think Jordan is cut in order to keep an extra RB or D-back. We need depth and JT is solid. Plus, if we cut Jordan, he will be there if needed. If we cut DeDe, he will get signed by someone like Detroit and be gone forever.

There is a real need for another CB. Trent, Pope, Jones..not exactly nickel back quality.

I loved when the gate did not work.

Half expected SoP hisself to step out, say "Hello" to Marvin with a screw-driver, wondering which bolt fixes the gate.

Chad, obviously, plays to the camera. Marvin, subtely, plays to the camera.

About to watch again, more closely.

Oh anybody else have a problem with Chad in the middle of the huddle giving that awsome motivational speech, man i hope they have somebody else in there getting the guys pumped up, because that sure wouldnt pump me up. "KISS THE BABY" on three.....what the heck.

He's deadly serious. Someone needs to shove an apple in his mouth or something. And johan, compeletely agree. The tubby bastard better find some professionalism soon or he won't last long. My 89 yr old gran is more athletic, chronic arthritis and all.

I wonder what player he was talking about at the end when he said "whatever we have to do this player will be off the roster" or something to that effect, i wonder if its some big time player or just somebody who has been doing good this preseason.

Hard to say but few names come to mind...

Dede-Dede is athletic and has big play ability but simply can't stay healthy

Shirly-The Guy was a physical beast & really seems like good option to develop at guard.

Tom Nelson-Playing Good Defenses & special teams doesn't seem like more versicle player atm.

He's deadly serious. Someone needs to shove an apple in his mouth or something. And johan, compeletely agree. The tubby bastard better find some professionalism soon or he won't last long. My 89 yr old gran is more athletic, chronic arthritis and all.

You know at this point I'm glad I'm not watching Hard Knocks.

It's no more ignorant than what Ray Lewis does with the Ravens. If it gets the team pumped and ready to play, then I'm all for it.

I really like Jordan, but at this point i really think they NEED to cut him to save the 4th RB, or the 3rd FB.

that wouldnt make sense, you need 3 QBs who know the offense, Palmer is one snap from the DL and after that it's JT. No way I'd cut Jordan at this point, with 4 RBs 1 will be inactive anyway.

Precisely. You can't keep only two QB's when one's already on the sideline. Jordan hasn't been spectacular, but it beats bringing in someone off the street if Carson AND JT go down...

Is it me or does Marvin really have it out for Chris Henry, and he should but i really wonder how much Marvin wants him on the team. Anybody else get worried about him getting cut or something stupid, its probably just me, but man does marvin ride him. (Like i said he should, and its a good thing). I just wouldnt want to see him cut i think he can be really really good for this team this year! Ok like i said im proably the only one worried lol!

It's all love Vol. Marvin loves Henry like a son, trust me. Marvin never wanted Henry gone inside. The way Marv handled the situation with tough love helped Henry in the long run. He's coaching him. Mentoring. In this league it's hard not give it your all EVERY single play of every single down. Henry f**ked up and Marvin let him know, I don't think he'll do it again.

Tank Johnson is hilarious. Zimmer is a man. The Joe Torre meeting was cool..

Do you all see what I was trying to tell you about the boxing training. Chad is in ultimate shape because of it. His girlfriend is hot too.. Chad's pickup line was MONEY. Here's how you do it.. You walk up to a girl and ask to use her phone for a second, tell her your just died. Then you call your phone. Viola, number closed her. Then you text her later, saves the humiliation of rejection. If she doesn't answer at least it wasn't to your face! lmao..

Have you been watching the episodes? It's one of his catch-phrases.. Kiss the baby means something like the fat lady has sang or it's over.. Chad is loved in the club house. The commoradery (can't spell) between these guys are strong.

I thought the speech was cool... Chad makes the game fun. I'm sure they all sit and watch Hard Knocks together on a huge projection screen and laugh at all this silly s**t.

I want to apologize to Katie and Mike. I hate all of the holdouts, but can you imagine the feeling of giving someone 30 million dollars and they show up that out of shape? Thatp issed me off. I think Andre is a nice guy, but they are going to have to ride him constantly. This year I expect nothing. Who do you want to keep? DeDe or Leonard? I think Leonard because he is different from B.Scott and Ced. I really like DeDe though.

Marvin loves Henry like a son, trust me. Marvin never wanted Henry gone inside.

Among hundreds of stupid things you have said, this one is top 10, maybe top 5

Marvin was overrode by a man who is possibly even dumber than you when it comes to football, Mikey "Son of a genius" Brown.

Thats the ONLY reason Henry is on this team

Trust? We all trust you like a used car salesman, or a sports agent.

Have you been watching the episodes? It's one of his catch-phrases.. Kiss the baby means something like the fat lady has sang or it's over.. Chad is loved in the club house. The commoradery (can't spell) between these guys are strong.

I thought the speech was cool... Chad makes the game fun. I'm sure they all sit and watch Hard Knocks together on a huge projection screen and laugh at all this silly s**t.

I suppose that has more of a ring to it than, "Alright, 'the fat has sung' on three--BREAK!!!!'

That Nelson dude from Northern Illinois or wherever needs to be on this team. I about choked when they showed Lippincott waiting for guys to come into the lockerroom and Nelson walks up. It really looked like he was going to get cut, and I yelled at the TV, "NO!!"

Mike and Katie act like they took the holdout kind of personally. They should just forget it the moment he signed and move on. By any measure, you won the contract battle, so be positive from then on. Keels looked pretty amateurish.

Assuming next years top draft picks are watching this show, they are probably all thinking that holding out looks like a bad idea. It sure messed up Andre's first year. Maybe he can get it going and play effectively in the second half of the year.

My wife watched it with me, and when they were showing Carson looking at the cheerleaders, she said, "they have cheerleaders?" I said yes, but they're all ugly.

Carson's leadership is impressive. He's pumping up guys who are trying to make the team, encouraging teammates, etc. He is developing into a team leader, yes late, but he's doing it well.

I don't know what Tank's been up to, but Zimmerman didn't like it, saying something like all the young guys are watching you complain. Then he made a veiled threat about how bad attitude can run you out of the league.

So disappointed/unimpressed with Andre Smith...30+ pounds overweight? Cmon. No wonder he broke his foot. I question whether he is going to be able to succeed in the league with his soft attitude and apparent lack of desire. Everything seems fake/forced with him, and his antics during the combine/pre-draft validate that.

I agree Keels acted like an amateur.

Knowing that Smith is so overweight, I, for once, do not blame Mike Brown for basically scolding him like he did in the episode, instead of welcoming him. Then again maybe they should've never drafted him in the first place. You CANNOT continue to blow/waste top 10 picks, they should be paying immediate dividends for you.

I guess we'll see, as Andre certainly was a beast in the top conference in college, but it's been all downhill since he left school seemingly.

I really wanted to see him at RT to start the season, he's naturally better than Collins, or anyone on that line period - but at 30 pounds above his playing weight, he's fairly useless in the NFL. It's going to take him a couple of months to get into any kind of playing shape at this point. Just more disappointment that I'm sick and tired of.

Hope we see some good things tonight.

I am rooting for Nelson and Dorsey - although it's looking more and more like they might be out, which, frankly, I think would be a mistake. Lynch and Leonard seem too slow for the NFL, and have limited upsides. Leonard would be much more valuable if he could block like a FB.

What weight did they say he was at?

364 when he signed, I believe is the number, with a six pound loss to 358 when he fractured his foot. Some indicated he had been about 380 at some point this offseason, at least that's what I read on PFT.

So he lost 6 lbs in 2 days?

What do they want him at? 335?

What weight did they say he was at?

364 when he signed, I believe is the number, with a six pound loss to 358 when he fractured his foot. Some indicated he had been about 380 at some point this offseason, at least that's what I read on PFT.

So he lost 6 lbs in 2 days?

What do they want him at? 335?

apparently at least under 350 based on that contract. Here's what I didn't understand. He'd lose half his pay if he weighed over 350 AND missed the game? So he could roll in at 360, play and get full pay? Or is it a case of, if he weighed over 350 they wouldn't play him due to health concerns? Was the contract "didn't play" or "couldn't play" ? Because there is a difference.

I want to apologize to Katie and Mike. I hate all of the holdouts, but can you imagine the feeling of giving someone 30 million dollars and they show up that out of shape? Thatp issed me off. I think Andre is a nice guy, but they are going to have to ride him constantly. This year I expect nothing. Who do you want to keep? DeDe or Leonard? I think Leonard because he is different from B.Scott and Ced. I really like DeDe though.

Site has him at 335 and from what I was told by someone close to him he weighed 340-345 a week he signed "shrug"