If the Bengals lose week 1. NFL Logic does not apply

walzav29

I pulled groundhog back off ignore a few weeks back, because I thought he had learned to play nice in the sandbox.

But, good jeebus, mods, he's derailed about four threads in a row. It is impossible to have a f**kin' conversation in here with him doing this s**t.

Isn't there a Mike Brown mega-thread one of you started? Can't he f**kin' put the same tired bulls**t in there so we can avoid it?

It. is. so. old. to. have. to. wade. through. his. bulls**t. on. every. damn. thread.

As far as the Packers go, and I've watched two of their games this preseason, they are a lot like the Bengals from a roster standpoint, with great depth at RB, WR and LB. Rogers has been accurate, but defenses are very vanilla this time of the year, where scheme is less important because coordinators are not tipping their hands. Defensively, they've been surprisingly exotic so far in showing a lot of blitzes, alignments and pre-snap movement...Kinda like how the Ravens play. I think Capers has them playing this way because they're learning a new defense, with a few guys playing new positions.

Everybody knows that the way to beat a 3/4 defense is to spread out the offense and attack the middle of the field, both running and passing. When the Bengals have been able to beat the best 3/4 teams in football in the Steelers and Ravens, this has USUALLY been the key. It'll all be about execution, with Carson under Center, and I like the teams chances if he's right.

Once the regular season begins and their are no more street free agents and late round picks on the field for the majority of the game, we'll see how dominant the they are. As I said earlier, the Packers are certainly not as good and the Broncos are probably better than they've played in the preseason games. Both are very winnable games, though.

You know, at a certain point, the moderators see enough "the bengals suck, but the <steelers or ravens or browns> rule" that the person in question gets marked as a troll and thereafter is relegated to posting in the smack forum.....or at least, thats my understanding of how it works.

Are we at that point yet with MomsLikeMe.com, Mods?

9 out of every ten posts right now is either MomsLikeMe.com spewing nonsense or someone else pointing out the nonsense and certainly anyone who is in favor of bengals players getting injured qualifies as a non-Bengals-fan (regardless of frequent claims otherwise) and ergo a troll.

IMHO

IMHO

Yeah, that will win more games for the Bengals and make Mike Brown spend to the cap. :rolleyes:

And who said I was in favor of players getting injured. I just said it would happen. And it did. Now I'm being roasted for not predicting Kelly and Utecht would go down?

Again, laughable.

You even turn a post about you ruining a thread to Mike Brown. You must really have some kind of man-crush or hard-on for him.

http://profootballta...andon-marshall/

I know any given Sunday, but damn. Throw us a Bengal bone here. Last year looked like a gimme vs the Ravens, but the Bengals disarray proved otherwise. This is the same thing in reverse!

I don't sense the same bizareness that was going on during last year's camp. I think things will be a little more settled.

Hopefully with a year under Zimmer's system, the defense will play better in the opener.

Now Kyle Orton might not play. Tom Brandstater might start.

/>http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2009/09/01/open-dislocation-for-kyle-orton/

What happened to Chris Simms? I thought he was their backup.

Sims is hurt too. High ankle sprain I think.

Wow, sucks to be them.

No way Denver wins. The Bengals start the season tied for the divisional lead! But lets face reality. The 2 best teams in the conference last year played for the right to go to the Superbowl. They happen to be in the AFC North. That makes 4 tough games before the schedule ever comes out. The Bengals schedule this year looks really tough.

No way Denver wins. The Bengals start the season tied for the divisional lead! But lets face reality. The 2 best teams in the conference last year played for the right to go to the Superbowl. They happen to be in the AFC North. That makes 4 tough games before the schedule ever comes out. The Bengals schedule this year looks really tough.

That only tough games I see on the schedule are Baltimore, Pittsburgh, Green Bay, and possibly the Vikings. The rest of the games are very winnable as are the tough games if the Bengals have everyone healthy and the coaches game plan correctly.

Every other team in the division has to play the same division teams, so there's no advantage or disadvantage there. If we win more of the division games than we lose, we should be in a tremendous position. If we don't, we screwed ourselves and, most likely, simply aren't good enough to qualify for the playoffs. The rats still have to play the squeelers and vice versa.

It changes so much year to year. To me it's a long shot that Balt. and Pitt duplicate last years success. The Bengals have just as much of a shot IF Palmer is healthy. I'm telling you. All of the negativity with the Bengals is because they're the Bengals. These sports guys don't know this team. There are legit reasons the team hit a skid after 05. They'll see.

There are legit reasons the team hit a skid after 05.

I agree. Problem is, those "legit reasons" keep popping up year after year: o-line woes, injuries to key players, defensive and draft disappointments. If the Bengals want respect, they're going to have to earn it.