Bengals GM leaps to action!

TJJackson

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No, No.....looks like some of the details are coming in now.....this is almost certainly about Son-of-a-Genius being every bit the petty tyrant he most certainly is

No, it's not. It's about a pilot who failed to file the necessary paperwork. From Doc:

I had lunch with the banner-toting pilot who's being scrutinized by the FAA. I'm writing his story for either Sat or Sun paper. The Cliff's Notes: He's in trouble for not informing the local FAA branch in advance that he'd be banner-buzzing G-town College. He claims it's a formality, and that in 20 yrs of flying banners, he's never done it. Apparently, the FAA rule says if you're flying outside your home area (his is Southern Ohio), you need to let the local FAA folks know. He didn't and he was wrong.

But it's picky. It's the equivalent of getting a speeding ticket for going 66 in a 65. He says the Bengals security guy alerted the FAA of his presence over training camp. It's not known whether the team sleuth did so on his own, or at the behest of an owner who doesnt deal well with critical banners, in the air or in the publicly financed stadium. (The sleuth is not allowed to speak to the media, a club official informed me yesterday.) Point is, the FAA didnt act on it own. The local office in Louisville didnt wake up on Aug. 1 and say, "Hey, let's see if that guy flying truthful, anti-Bengal banners notified us of his presence.''

So, to recap: Bengals call local FAA to complain about banner-toting plane. FAA checks, pilot failed to follow rules, gets in trouble.

No, No.....looks like some of the details are coming in now.....this is almost certainly about Son-of-a-Genius being every bit the petty tyrant he most certainly is

No, it's not. It's about a pilot who failed to file the necessary paperwork. From Doc:

I had lunch with the banner-toting pilot who's being scrutinized by the FAA. I'm writing his story for either Sat or Sun paper. The Cliff's Notes: He's in trouble for not informing the local FAA branch in advance that he'd be banner-buzzing G-town College. He claims it's a formality, and that in 20 yrs of flying banners, he's never done it. Apparently, the FAA rule says if you're flying outside your home area (his is Southern Ohio), you need to let the local FAA folks know. He didn't and he was wrong.

But it's picky. It's the equivalent of getting a speeding ticket for going 66 in a 65. He says the Bengals security guy alerted the FAA of his presence over training camp. It's not known whether the team sleuth did so on his own, or at the behest of an owner who doesnt deal well with critical banners, in the air or in the publicly financed stadium. (The sleuth is not allowed to speak to the media, a club official informed me yesterday.) Point is, the FAA didnt act on it own. The local office in Louisville didnt wake up on Aug. 1 and say, "Hey, let's see if that guy flying truthful, anti-Bengal banners notified us of his presence.''

So, to recap: Bengals call local FAA to complain about banner-toting plane. FAA checks, pilot failed to follow rules, gets in trouble.

So this basically proves what we always knew: Brown is a petty bastard who'd rather fight his detractors than take their criticism at face value and change himself. Is this really surprising anyone?

Sounds ok with me. Alert: if anyone comes to my work and flies a banner overhead meant to humiliate me, I will call the FAA to complain, and if by chance said plane or pilot is doing wrong, that's their problem.

PS - I can't figure out how a banner can be flown over my head in my parent's basement, but if it does happen, watch out.

Let's check your thought processes here......if the banner had touted the purchase of Geico Insurance or somesuch, do you think Brown has one of his flunkies call the FAA?

Check Number 2: if you're driving on a major local street at the posted 35 MPH and I crawl past you at 36 MPH, do you whip out your cel phone and report me (my license plate number, really) for speeding to the cops because, well, I'm a big ole lawbreaker and a danger to the general public, right?

So this basically proves what we always knew: Brown is a petty bastard who'd rather fight his detractors than take their criticism at face value and change himself. Is this really surprising anyone?

SoP is a cursty, crafty lawyer who wants you to look over at the dancing monkey rather than address the issue contined on the banner.

Kill the messenger for not wiping his feet before entering the kingdom. Message be damned, he did not wipe his feet!

As a thorn in SoP's side, he would rather cut down the thorn bush rather than stay on the trail and simply avoid the thorns.

Who says Brown was involved? Daugherty admits the call was made by a Bengals "security guy" and then offers more empty speculation about how Brown MIGHT have been involved.

But let's say the call WAS made by our beloved crusty old leader. So ask yourself this question. Who could blame him for responding in kind to a hostile press and fanbase that openly admits to willingly and deliberatly using false claims to belittle Brown personally.

Whose being petty here? Isn't it the clowns who rented a plane to perform a series of juvenile stunts that serve no real purpose other than to embarrass and mock a form of entertainment? Or how about an increasingly discredited sportswriter who has built the bulk of his pathetic career by telling locals how a business he doesn't own should be run? And how about dinks like MamaBear, who constantly lie about Brown and then laugh about it?

Furthermore, if I had been in the crowd at training camp when 5:00 Charlie flew overhead I might have called the FAA and reported the stunt....simply because of the way I feel about the WhoDeyRevolution. f**k 'em. And f**k 5:00 Charlie too.

Let's check your thought processes here......if the banner had touted the purchase of Geico Insurance or somesuch, do you think Brown has one of his flunkies call the FAA?

Sorry, not the same thing. Do you seriously think any company or organization wouldn't pick up the phone if someone was flying a banner intended to humiliate them and/or their company/product over their HQ?

Check Number 2: if you're driving on a major local street at the posted 35 MPH and I crawl past you at 36 MPH, do you whip out your cel phone and report me (my license plate number, really) for speeding to the cops because, well, I'm a big ole lawbreaker and a danger to the general public, right?

Again, not the same thing. How about if you're going 36 and have a big sign on the back of your car that says "the guy behind me is an a**hole"? Yeah, then I do.

Ok then, but admit (as SoaG should) that the effort was made because it was personally insulting rather than ""I simply reported an violation of the law because I am a good law abiding citizen"

Said another way - Son-of-a-Genius regularly portrays himself (directly and through mouthpieces) as unaffected/unmoved by all the WDR stunts. This time, he was moved, if only to attempt to crush the ability of a man of modest means to earn his living, and to crush free speech, while he sits fat atop a mound of Hamilton County's money.

To put it yet another way still - if he put as much effort into his product (and he pays himself 3 mil a year to do so, right?) as he does into crushing free speech, maybe we'd have an ever-so-slightly better product on the field.

Maybe he can think about that in his 93 Taurus on the way home from "work" today

Probably not.

No recognition of fault = no attempt to redeem one's self

To put it yet another way still - if he put as much effort into his product (and he pays himself 3 mil a year to do so, right?) as he does into crushing free speech, maybe we'd have an ever-so-slightly better product on the field.

How much effort does it take to make a phone call?

Besides, how funny will it be when Doc writes a future story about the amount of fines 5:00 Charlie will have to pay?

Ok then, but admit (as SoaG should) that the effort was made because it was personally insulting rather than ""I simply reported an violation of the law because I am a good law abiding citizen"

Well, of course. But why should that be surprising or worthy of criticism? Any other organization would do the same thing, so what's the story here? "Mike Brown Does Same Things As Anyone Else Would. Film at 11."

Well, I dunno. How much effort did this alleged crushing of free speech take?

(Plane flies overhead)

Mikey: Get Joe Security up here.

(Joe arrives) "Yes, Mr. Brown."

Mikey: See if you can't get that plane grounded.

Joe: yes sir, right away sir. (Joe leaves, Mikey goes back to watching practice.)

I feel confident in saying that Mikey puts at least that much effort into the product on the field. Much to the detriment of the product on the field, of course.

well, if you think a wage-earning man being crushed underfoot by a fatcat business owner who has already raped the public for millions is funny, hey, we're just vastly different people -

So how does the wage earner make his money? Well, by offering his services as a professional pilot...a title that comes with all sorts of implied promises....including a pledge to follow all safety regulations, secure the proper permits, contact those who need to be contacted, and file the proper paperwork. And those are things Joe Wages has already admitted he hadn't bother doing even once in his 20-year career.

If he's fined heavily, as I hope, let the chumps who hired him pass the hat around. In fact, it might be interesting to find out just how much you really care about this guys sad financial plight.(sniff)

This so-called downtrodden wage slave gets no pity from me.

He's hired to pull advertisements for restaurants and bars or whatever, no big deal.

But someone hires him to pull a banner that is a direct, personal attack on someone over which he'll be flying. And if he takes this job, in my opinion he should expect the guy he's trying to humiliate to try to strike back.

You jump in the arena, you better be ready to fight.

well, if you think a wage-earning man being crushed underfoot by a fatcat business owner

We can't let this happen! Hey everyone, George Bailey and his Uncle Billy are down at the savings and loan. If we all go down and pitch in, maybe we can stop old man Potter from taking over Bedford Falls!!

Who says Brown was involved? Daugherty admits the call was made by a Bengals "security guy" and then offers more empty speculation about how Brown MIGHT have been involved.

But let's say the call WAS made by our beloved crusty old leader. So ask yourself this question. Who could blame him for responding in kind to a hostile press and fanbase that openly admits to willingly and deliberatly using false claims to belittle Brown personally.

Whose being petty here? Isn't it the clowns who rented a plane to perform a series of juvenile stunts that serve no real purpose other than to embarrass and mock a form of entertainment? Or how about an increasingly discredited sportswriter who has built the bulk of his pathetic career by telling locals how a business he doesn't own should be run? And how about dinks like MamaBear, who constantly lie about Brown and then laugh about it?

Furthermore, if I had been in the crowd at training camp when 5:00 Charlie flew overhead I might have called the FAA and reported the stunt....simply because of the way I feel about the WhoDeyRevolution. f**k 'em. And f**k 5:00 Charlie too.

I'm not saying Brown shouldn't be pissed, but he could avoid a lot of this criticism he seems to hate by running a better organization. If he doesn't want people starting "revolutions", put a winning product on the field.

I'm not saying Brown shouldn't be pissed, but he could avoid a lot of this criticism he seems to hate by running a better organization. If he doesn't want people starting "revolutions", put a winning product on the field.

Two things.

First, the boys at WhoDeyRevolution claim they won't stop their protests even if the Bengals win a Super Bowl so avoiding the type of over-the-top criticism we're discussing now isn't possible. And knowing that....why worry about it?

Second, Brown has every right to defend himself in any way he sees fit as long as he's willing to suffer whatever public backlash comes his way. But there's the rub because there won't be any change in the public's perception of Mike Brown. So again, why worry about things you can't control?

Or if you prefer, why not fight back whenever the mood strikes you?

After all, it's not like your harshest critics haven't begun telling lies about you yet. And as we've discussed, they're all too stupid to find something else to do. So if your detractors won't go away....why not draw a little blood just for giggles?

This is my thought process as well. If he doesn't like the criticism, then he should stop giving people reason to criticize him. Put a winning team on the field if it bothers you that much.

Was it not you who earlier asked Hoosier if he had given GHD his password?

:lol: