About time to end the whole Carson Palmer experiment

JoePong

Well I wasn't rooting for the recession, but I saw that coming from a mile away too.

Can I hook Ben Bernanke up with your contact information?

It's your kind of priceless insight and vast wisdom that can save this country from ruin.

Thank God for you, MomsLikeMe.com. Thank God.

ps can you pick a stock for me? My IRA has really taken a battering over the past couple of years. God bless you, sir.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think questioning Carson durability should only happen after the same is done for Antonio Chapman, Ben Utecht and Antwan Odom first.

All kinds of people have questioned Chatman and Utecht's durability. I don't think Odom has come up yet.

Isn't he hurt again? And I think he was done for the season by week 4 last season.

You guys know that Marvin is ultra-conservative and that's why Carson is sitting. The man NEVER takes a chance. I don't know why anyone is surprised by this.

I don't know that anyone is particularly surprised by this. Frustrated, yes; surprised, no.

The problem is this: In the last year and a half, Carson Palmer has played in exactly 4 games. He's missed a lot of practice, first due to the elbow and now due to the ankle. he has a new o-line, a new RB and no Housh.

And the Bengals schedule is stacked early, precisely when Palmer is now going to be at his rustiest.

Resting Palmer sounds great. But if it means we lose the first 3 or 4 games because of offensive miscues because they haven't had enough reps...well, who cares? If we're 1-6 or 2-5 or even 3-4 at the week 7 bye, it's probably over.

I agree with this. Carson needs in-game experience as well as practice. Sitting him until Game 1 does more harm than good. He can practice all day, but there is a big difference between practice and real matches against opponents. He has been out for too long, and these pre-season games are vital for making the team gel together. He is the linch-pin for the whole team, and with so many new faces he needs every second he can get to work with them in a 'real' environment. Practice is important, but nothing can compare to having to thread a ball to a receiver whilst staring down an offense which is looking to put you down hard!

It will be a complete waste if we are on the losing side after the first few games, because our elite QB hasn't got enough practice or confidence in a real-game environment. The first games before the bye are critical to anything like a successful season.