About time to end the whole Carson Palmer experiment

JoePong

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Man, it really seems like Chicken Little came running through here telling everyone the sky is falling. Can you guys wait until the regular season before you guys go into full-blown panic mode?

Bengal Fan Blind Optimism is in the early stages of Bengal Harsh Reality. Blind Optimism must be a hell of a high too, because I've read some pretty lofty Bengal expectations from people under its influence. And I mean REALLY lofty Bengal predictions...like "8-8 and Palmer plays the whole season" kind of ridiculous.

But the comedown is a bear. It hits them like a high ankle sprain and they panic. But by the regular season they will be starting into the beginning stages of Bengal Apathy so you won't see the panic mode by then.

Bengal 101.

Man, it really seems like Chicken Little came running through here telling everyone the sky is falling. Can you guys wait until the regular season before you guys go into full-blown panic mode?

Oh, come now. We are Bengals fans, tried and true. This is EXACTLY the time we always start panicking.

Bengal Fan Blind Optimism is in the early stages of Bengal Harsh Reality. Blind Optimism must be a hell of a high too, because I've read some pretty lofty Bengal expectations from people under its influence. And I mean REALLY lofty Bengal predictions...like "8-8 and Palmer plays the whole season" kind of ridiculous.

But the comedown is a bear. It hits them like a high ankle sprain and they panic. But by the regular season they will be starting into the beginning stages of Bengal Apathy so you won't see the panic mode by then.

Bengal 101.

Do you hit the bong before you post? What the hell are you even trying to say? Why don't you save your "philosophy" for those who smoke with you? Nobody here wants to hear it.

PS. Since when is 8-8 a lofty prediction?

Oh, come now. We are Bengals fans, tried and true. This is EXACTLY the time we always start panicking.

Really? It doesn't really get to me until they're actually LOSING games.

You guys know that Marvin is ultra-conservative and that's why Carson is sitting. The man NEVER takes a chance. I don't know why anyone is surprised by this.

You guys know that Marvin is ultra-conservative and that's why Carson is sitting. The man NEVER takes a chance. I don't know why anyone is surprised by this.

I don't know that anyone is particularly surprised by this. Frustrated, yes; surprised, no.

The problem is this: In the last year and a half, Carson Palmer has played in exactly 4 games. He's missed a lot of practice, first due to the elbow and now due to the ankle. he has a new o-line, a new RB and no Housh.

And the Bengals schedule is stacked early, precisely when Palmer is now going to be at his rustiest.

Resting Palmer sounds great. But if it means we lose the first 3 or 4 games because of offensive miscues because they haven't had enough reps...well, who cares? If we're 1-6 or 2-5 or even 3-4 at the week 7 bye, it's probably over.

i just hope this ankle problem does not carry over into the start season. from what i have read it does not sound like a serious problem. they say he does not appear to be limping or in a walking boot. that the ankle is just tender. what i don't like is the reps he is missing with the first team. holding him out of practice, to me this is the bengals being to cautious. you don't have to run him ragged to let him get some reps in practice. each week he misses is a week this drags in to the season.

i just hope this ankle problem does not carry over into the start season. from what i have read it does not sound like a serious problem. they say he does not appear to be limping or in a walking boot. that the ankle is just tender. what i don't like is the reps he is missing with the first team. holding him out of practice, to me this is the bengals being to cautious. you don't have to run him ragged to let him get some reps in practice. each week he misses is a week this drags in to the season.

True. They could let him get reps in at practice and still keep him out of the games for now.

another aspect of concern for me comes from the fact that this injury happened on such a seemingly insignificant play. so it begs the question: is carson frail? the knee was rolled over and would have hurt anyone i'm sure. the elbow didn't seem like a big deal at the time but held him out for 12 games. now he gets tackled trying to recover his own fumble (that was not caused by a hit) and has been out for two weeks. so what do you guys think?

on a side note, in all ground hog's "reality" rants i haven't heard mention of the injuries cause. how was this the fault of the offensive line, that you so suredly predicted.

I think they are just trying to keep him from getting hurt, more that he is.

I would prefer him sit out the whole of the preseason to assure he starts game 1. He will be just fine, rust will be gone. From what I have seen, this WR group is looking really really good. Even Coles, who has not caught many passes, has been very solid and will shine once the season starts. 85 is going hard. Henry has made stunning progress and Caldwell and Simpson have shined as well. Simpson has shown a glimpse of why he was taken in r2.

I am fine if he sat till Denver.

I'm thinking if it were a regular season game, he'd be starting/playing.

Yup. And thus, there's no real problem worth discussing.

They are being excessively cautious.

Nope. In fact, I think they're handling it perfectly. Because let's face it, playing for a series or two, as so many of you suggest, would likely involve a dozen passes or less.....fewer reps than Palmer WILL get in five minutes of practice.

Sounds like hes soon going to get back to practice and maybe play in the last preseason game, which i hope to get him ready for the opener. I wonder if any of this has to do with Ben Worthlessburger getting back on the field today practicing, lol lol i doubt it but just thought it was funny hes back, and now all of a sudden Carson comes back on the field lol.

I think questioning Carson durability should only happen after the same is done for Antonio Chapman, Ben Utecht and Antwan Odom first.

All kinds of people have questioned Chatman and Utecht's durability. I don't think Odom has come up yet.

another aspect of concern for me comes from the fact that this injury happened on such a seemingly insignificant play. so it begs the question: is carson frail? the knee was rolled over and would have hurt anyone i'm sure. the elbow didn't seem like a big deal at the time but held him out for 12 games. now he gets tackled trying to recover his own fumble (that was not caused by a hit) and has been out for two weeks. so what do you guys think?

on a side note, in all ground hog's "reality" rants i haven't heard mention of the injuries cause. how was this the fault of the offensive line, that you so suredly predicted.

Well if Carson could stay on the field for longer than 10 minutes, then maybe he would give his oline enough time to get him killed.

As it stands now, Carson hurt himself before the oline had a chance to get him killed.

Lets revisit this thread around week 4.

Well if Carson could stay on the field for longer than 10 minutes, then maybe he would give his oline enough time to get him killed.

As it stands now, Carson hurt himself before the oline had a chance to get him killed.

Let's not. I have no desire to discuss the fact that you so badly want Palmer to be hurt so you can be "right". It's absolutely ridiculous that you want him hurt so badly and at the same time call yourself a Bengals fan. The polite term that comes to mind for that sort of behavior is hypocrite. The not so polite one is dumbass.

If you're going to be a fan of this team, the object is to root for them to do well. Not lose and get hurt. I don't understand how this logic escapes anyone, but you continue to surprise me with your stupidity.

Let's not. I have no desire to discuss the fact that you so badly want Palmer to be hurt so you can be "right". It's absolutely ridiculous that you want him hurt so badly and at the same time call yourself a Bengals fan. The polite term that comes to mind for that sort of behavior is hypocrite. The not so polite one is dumbass.

If you're going to be a fan of this team, the object is to root for them to do well. Not lose and get hurt. I don't understand how this logic escapes anyone, but you continue to surprise me with your stupidity.

Well I wasn't rooting for the recession, but I saw that coming from a mile away too. I'm not sure how you can't understand this, but then again you do have Bevis as your avatar.

Well I wasn't rooting for the recession, but I saw that coming from a mile away too. I'm not sure how you can't understand this, but then again you do have Bevis as your avatar.

Please run for office or something. We could all use your help.

Well I wasn't rooting for the recession, but I saw that coming from a mile away too.

No, dumbass, when you say "Well if Carson could stay on the field for longer than 10 minutes, then maybe he would give his oline enough time to get him killed" that is implying that you WANT Palmer to get hurt.

I'm not sure how you can't understand this, but then again you do have Bevis as your avatar.

You know, for someone as "smart" as you, it sure took you long enough to figure out who that is. Speaking of avatars, is yours the look you had on your face when all the real mom's at momslikeme.com kicked you out?