Bengals at Patriots: 2009 Pre-season Game 2

membengal

I was stuck listening the Patriot's broadcast on NFL Field Pass last night and they seemed to think that Marvin wasn't taking the game seriously when Ochenta y Cinco came into the game. They were gawd-awful BTW couldn't pronounce NDukwe's name kept getting Bengals players names and numbers screwed, at one point I had to check the roster to make sure TE Kolo Kapanui hadn't been switched to the defensive line because they called him in on at least 3 tackles before saying...opps that is Domato Peko but his hair is to long to see his number.

• Replies 262
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think this could be the best defense the Bengals have ever had. They hit, they have guys that are mean, and when have we had that?

Here's what I'm liking. All of the bigger name defenders are stepping up as you'd hope they would, and each of the highly regarded rookie defenders are looking very much like the real deals. But even the lesser names are stepping up, week after week, with monster hits. For just two examples, Abdul Hodge could very easily win the prize for the hardest hit in a game two weeks in a row, but then again....you could very easily nominate Jim Maxwell.

Not kidding. Abdul Hodge is shattering people.

Remember when this board had a thread asking whether this team had any enforcers? What was that, something like two years ago? Amazingly, this group seems transformed...with hard hitters stepping up everywhere.

Best, if they can stay healthy, especially at CB....this group should get better and better as the season plays out.

I think that Marvin wasn't kidding when he said that the past teams weren't there yet, and maybe some of those guys just don't know what it takes. I love this team and to me it's the best chemistry since Marvin's been here. I think it was flushing alot of the pre-Marvin guys out of here. Ocho and St. Lous are the last standing I believe. What do you think about the RB's last night? I think Ced and B. Scott are locks. I hate getting rid of Dorsey, but I want to keep Leonard.

I think this could be the best defense the Bengals have ever had. They hit, they have guys that are mean, and when have we had that?

Here's what I'm liking. All of the bigger name defenders are stepping up as you'd hope they would, and each of the highly regarded rookie defenders are looking very much like the real deals. But even the lesser names are stepping up, week after week, with monster hits. For just two examples, Abdul Hodge could very easily win the prize for the hardest hit in a game two weeks in a row, but then again....you could very easily nominate Jim Maxwell.

Not kidding. Abdul Hodge is shattering people.

Remember when this board had a thread asking whether this team had any enforcers? What was that, something like two years ago? Amazingly, this group seems transformed...with hard hitters stepping up everywhere.

Best, if they can stay healthy, especially at CB....this group should get better and better as the season plays out.

I can't remember who Hodge hit in the 4th quarter I believe, but when he brought the wood, there was a collective gasp from Gillette Stadium and I was sitting in my cush chair laughing very hard. The hits seem to keep coming and I hope that continues. There was a play early on where the Pats ran the ball and Roy Williams stepped into one of the lanes to support the run. He quickly realized the play was going in the opposite direction and he broke across field and absolutely BLASTED the runner. Those are things you just didn't see from a Bengals defense in the past. In the past it was like, "I'm in the wrong lane. Oh well.".

I just like the fact that this appears to be a defense with some vets and aggressive rookies that could shed the "soft" label for the team.

I know what I forgot to add and of course knowing I'm being a bit humorous, but can a punter be rookie of the year ??

Because Huber is freaking incredible with his directional kicking and uncanny ability to drop the ball deep, pinning the other team.

Nice to have a real punter on this team that will actually play a part in helping the team win games this year !!!

What a GREAT draft !!!

I guess I saw a few more mistakes than most last night. The sloppiness of penalties, inability to run the ball consistently,

Patriot Run Defense was tough but them shutting that down opened up the Pass...Plus saw some nice runs by Benson in that game.

4 sacks, and wasteful timeouts still continue to haunt the offense.

Hard to Judge sack numbers because it's preseason and 3rd stringers are going to give up some sacks,the only sack I remember first team gave p was when Collins looked lost..

Yeah I know Carson wasn't playing and they were going against one of the better defenses in the league, but a lot of it still seems to be lack of attention to detail which is coaching. Not blaming any particular coach, nor am I calling for anyone's head but man can they clean up some of this stuff?

That's why it's preseason,Still have 2 more weeks to get ready for regular season...

but still some plays where they had all day to throw. If that was Brady in for the whole game NE has two or three more TD's.

3rd CB I see being problem since seemed like thats the one always getting torched,Outside that disagree you don't know if Brady would the 1st team Defense has been playing great...

PS,Mind you we did have our staring quarterback out of the game too

And the Offical Random Post of the Week Award goes to...

Totally off topic, but my buddy asked Erin Andrews out at a Michigan game last name and she totally spurned him. She was like...."Aw your cute" hahahaha Her camera man was like....Don't worry you don't want to deal with that girl anyways

Starting off the post with "Totally off topic..." does not preclude an entry from consideration.

yeah. I mean i think if that guy hadn't asked her out we probably would have only allowed 2.5 sacks last night.

Well the game is over.....there isn't much to talk about and as a football fan I think it is f**king hilarious. If you can't see the comedy in it sorry

I know what I forgot to add and of course knowing I'm being a bit humorous, but can a punter be rookie of the year ??

Because Huber is freaking incredible with his directional kicking and uncanny ability to drop the ball deep, pinning the other team.

Nice to have a real punter on this team that will actually play a part in helping the team win games this year !!!

What a GREAT draft !!!

Did you notice how impressive Morgan Trent was? Sure he dropped an INT, but he was solid against the run and pass all night!

And this one belongs to The Ocho! :lol:

He'll get the most love from the media, but this one belonged to the defense.

I swear to you, someday this team will win a game by a ridiculous sounding 5-3 score and it WILL be glorious.

That would be pretty sweet.