Eagles LB, Stewart Bradley Out For Season

http://cbs3.com/topstories/Stewart.Bradley.Eagles.2.1112588.html

Sources: Eagles LB, Stewart Bradley Out For Season

PHILADELPHIA (CBS 3) ―

One of the Eagles young stars is likely out for the season.

According to sources, starting middle linebacker Stewart Bradley tore his ACL during the first annual Flight Night at the Lincoln Financial Center Sunday night.

The third year pro had the second most tackles on the team last year.

Stay with CBS3.com and Eyewitness News for updates on this developing story.

It's certainly the thing that all teams fear the most in seeing a starter go down for the season before the season even kicks off.

To bad for the Eagles because from what i've read, his backup leaves a LOT to be desired...

Who's his back up?

More than likely it will be the 2nd year Joe Mays and Omar spliting time. It sounds like Mays may edge out Gaither as the starter. It will be close but still not enough to fill the void completely. Losing Dawkins and Bradley is a huge hit to the defense...I hope someone can pick up the playcalling and leadership role on defense.

Omar Gaither

Gaither is ALOT better then most teams back up MLB.

Maybe so, I really don't know about the guy. By listening to the Eagles fans, they aren't that pleased. That's all I was going off of.

Yeah i wouldn't be happy either. It is by all means a down grade, i mean they cut their franchise MLB(Trotter) cause they had Bradley so you know he is something special, but you just can't be that angry having a guy like Gaither to back him up...And Army the only thing that poised me to make a comment on your post was all i could think of was how f**kin pissed i was seeing that MLB with the neck roll filling in for Thurman..cant recall his name right now and dont have time to look it up..

but GOOD NIGHT BENGALSZONE, SEE YOU TOMORROW! EVERYONE HAVE A GREAT FRIDAY NIGHT WOOO WOO PARTY!!

No, it's cool Jungle, I was just saying I don't really know anything about him and that I was just going by the reaction from Eagles fans.

If you check out one of their forums, most aren't very pleased with losing their starting MLB.

Then again, who would be ??

I can think of a few Bengal fans who would be. I'm not one of them though.

A lot of people forget that Urlacher didn't start his NFL career at MLB. I'm hoping for a similar career path for Maualuga.

Yeah, I'm not one of them either Derek. I made the comment in another thread aobout being happy Dhani is manning the middle and Rey is having the chance to learn the other positions in the LB corps. I think he will learn from Dhani and will be a better MLB having to call the plays later because of it.

It's not to say it wouldn't be exciting watching him get his shot from the start, but I don't think it would be in the best interest of the team.

Just me...