Any chance Andre Smith is signed...ever?

walzav29

Heck Koostra might be able to just straight out scare Defensive Players back into the locker room!

I disagree -- Kooistra always looked kinda like a friendly Hamburglar to me. As for the visit from the ugly stick, Richie Brahm would've fit right in. O linemen always look to me like fat 4 year old kids blown up to mega-size.

• Replies 487
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jackson or David....Dennis Roland looks like alot of guys I met down in Pendleton County, KY while doing broadband work 'cept Roland has more teeth. No lips, nose out of center, vacant "blissful" expression.....

Braham just looked like Frankenstein.

Whitworth reminds me of Ethan Suplee from my name is earl

ethan_suplee.jpg

Ronald kinda reminds me of pollack

kooistra_scott.jpg=2442200780_3d5271489e.jpg

See Kaz, how scarey is that? Not much. Goofy ass grin, pointy eyebrows. Put a mask and cape on that guy and he's dead-on 70's vintage Hamburglar. (Or maybe it's grimace. It's one of those. Hell, I don't recall I may have been kinda stoned.)

Well, there's Maualuga, so this just strengthens my point about the Bengals not getting credit for taking care of the picks this year.

They had a buttload of picks and are doing pretty well from my standpoint.

I'll say so far they've done what they needed to do, but it's not over. There is one more very important draft pick that needs to get inked ASAP.

Jason Smith is close to signing. That has to help. He is a tackle at #8 and Mark Sanchez has signed at 5. A little less than Sanchez a little more than J. Smith. Sign him today!

Jason Smith was the second pick in the draft, you are thinking of Eugene Monroe at 8. I haven't heard about Monroe yet.

Heck Koostra might be able to just straight out scare Defensive Players back into the locker room!

I disagree -- Kooistra always looked kinda like a friendly Hamburglar to me. As for the visit from the ugly stick, Richie Brahm would've fit right in. O linemen always look to me like fat 4 year old kids blown up to mega-size.

I know he isn't a O Lineman, but Jeff Rowe was about the ugliest dude I have ever seen

Jason Smith is close to signing. That has to help. He is a tackle at #8 and Mark Sanchez has signed at 5. A little less than Sanchez a little more than J. Smith. Sign him today!

Jason Smith was the second pick in the draft, you are thinking of Eugene Monroe at 8. I haven't heard about Monroe yet.

Well Sanchez has signed and now the number 7 pick has signed in Oakland.

/>http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/9871678/Raiders-ink-first-round-WR-Heyward-Bey

I would say once another of the top 10 tackles sign then Smith will follow shortly. He shouldn't be out more than a week.

Sorry guys. I was thinking of Monroe. Well less than Smith and more than Monroe. Monroe needs to sign asap. I don't think it will be that long of a hold-out. I can't wait for him to get in. People have been focusing on his combine, his tits, his agents, and his suspensions they've forgot about how good he is. 1 day of camp will get peoples minds right

Well Sanchez has signed and now the number 7 pick has signed in Oakland.

/>http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/9871678/Raiders-ink-first-round-WR-Heyward-Bey

I would say once another of the top 10 tackles sign then Smith will follow shortly. He shouldn't be out more than a week.

Wow... I never remember a 1st round pick be the Bengals being slotted this early. In the past it has seemed like the Bengals front office loves to wait for their 1st round picks to get slotted in before they get the deal done. Well... regardless of what either side feels about the fairness of the deal, it's going to be slotted in pretty well.

For those of you worried about Gholston's deal last year... I guess I'm not seeing the problem.

Last year Dorsey (#5) got 5 years, $51 million ($23M guaranteed)

Ghoston (#6) got 5 years, $50 million ($21M guaranteed)

Ellis (#7) got 5 years, $49 million ($19.5M guaranteed)

Seems like the slot falls in pretty standard if you ask me. Once the terms of Heyward-Bey's contract are released, we should see be able to figure out A. Smith's slot pretty easily. Something along the lines of 5 years, $58 million ($25 M guaranteed). There... I did it for you guys. Get him signed!

I'll set the over/under at Aug. 7, the intersquad game. I'll go over.

It might be the booze talking, but I'm getting a happy feeling about this one.

I'll go under.

No doubt. All of the concern about the circumstances making this a worst case scenario, leading to speculation about a holdout until the regular season... it seems like A. Smith has been slotted in 24 hours prior to training camp. My optimism is growing by the minute.

I mentioned this before in that there were already parameters set prior to Heyward-Bey sigining that would give the Bengals and Smith's agent an idea of what they were looking at in regards to the amount of the contract. What I felt then and still feel now is, regardless of slotting, the problem is the incentives placed in the contract and if Smith's agent feels they are able to be achieved or not. If not, how much money would Smith and his agent likely lose out on. Just like with Gholston's contract last year that maxed out at 50 million, if he didn't reach the incentives, it would max out at slightly more than 34 million. If they can figure out incentives, this could get done very quickly. Just my thoughts on it getting done.

It seems like its a foregone conclusion that Smith will be a long holdout. I know the history, but is there no chance? It's the only guy in the draft that is an assumed holdout.

No. His agent,Alvin Keels,is a one man operation and he is currently occupied in New York trying to get a contract extension signed for Leon Washington. Keels is a semi-educated nonlawyer and a tyro sports agent. This could take forever, through no fault of the Bengals. Imagine. An agent has his first 1st round client(and a top 10 to boot)and right when he should be negotiating around the clock to get his guy in on time he is out of town negotiating a contract for a back-up RB. What a fool.

Now get Big Fella signed ^_^

DHB gets big payday

Posted by Gregg Rosenthal on July 30, 2009 4:01 PM ET

Earlier this afternoon, agent Alvin Keels "broke" the terms of Darrius Heyward-Bey's contract. (Since Keels isn't DHB's agent, this marks another odd show of Twitter's power.)

In the meantime, PFT - namely Florio - has confirmed that the terms Keels presented were accurate. So here they are.

Heyward-Bey will earn $38.250 million over five years in base salary, with $23.5 million guaranteed.

The total max value, if Heyward-Bey hits every last incentive, would be $54 million. (For this to happen, Heyward-Bey's hamstrings will have to let him practice occasionally.)

The guaranteed money is roughly a 20% bump over Sedrick Ellis' deal in the same spot last year. The base salary totals go up 14%.

That's a lot of coin for someone without a great deal of production in college. For point of comparison, Heyward-Bey's deal looks superior by any measure to the one Greg Jennings signed with Green Bay.

It's believed that Heyward-Bey's deal will lead to more first-round signings for the players drafted around him.

Of course, teams may not be so willing to jump on board if they don't feel like the Raiders got a good deal.

Good news. Hopefully it's sorted out quickly and he gives himself the best chance to earn the starting job. Remarkable draft and off season so far. Really like the re-signing of Benson, the pick ups of Tank and TRRW (after some initial misguided scepticism) and the return of Carson, 100% fully fit or not, to the team.

Wahay