Any chance Andre Smith is signed...ever?

walzav29

Yea, it's frustrating. Makes you want to take your field hockey bat and just wack the dickens out of your 3 ring binder that says "Andre Smith Signing" on the front. Memo to Mike Brown: Buy your daughter a laptop and a document management program, pull her into the 90s.

hahaha, I loved that shot, with her name on it, like it was a freakin book report or something she might get graded on. I am going to go get a screen capture of it.

katie_fail.jpg

• Replies 487
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The thing that I don't understand is how the hell do they think they are going to sign him for less $ than the #6 pick got last year,no agent is going to go for that and stay in business...

Yea, it's frustrating. Makes you want to take your field hockey bat and just wack the dickens out of your 3 ring binder that says "Andre Smith Signing" on the front. Memo to Mike Brown: Buy your daughter a laptop and a document management program, pull her into the 90s.

hahaha, I loved that shot, with her name on it, like it was a freakin book report or something she might get graded on. I am going to go get a screen capture of it.

katie_fail.jpg

Can we Write a big fat F on her book report?

A blast from the past:

Actually, you tell lies and half-truths in nearly every post you write....including todays menu items featuring Andre Smith's holdout and Carson Palmer's future injury. Sadly, tomorrow you'll tell even more lies and half-truths....all in the name of being a better more informed Bengal fan.

When Smith holds out and Palmer gets injured, I will take no enjoyment in the fact that you will have been proven wrong once again.

I thought it would take longer than 1 quarter for Palmer to get injured, I will say that.

The only good thing about you posting is that every time you do you come out looking like a bigger moron. Carson got hurt on the play where he "fumbled" the ball when he pump faked a throw. He dove on the ball and hurt it either diving on the ball or someone else diving for the ball landed on him. It had nothing to do with poor protection.

The only good thing about you posting is that every time you do you come out looking like a bigger moron.

Try not to be so hard on Bearcat/Groundhog. The guy may be an idiot, but I have to admit his backstory involving troubled teens, military school, and pretending to be a mother on another messageboard INSTANTLY make him/her the most interesting poster here.

Carson got hurt on the play where he "fumbled" the ball when he pump faked a throw. He dove on the ball and hurt it either diving on the ball or someone else diving for the ball landed on him. It had nothing to do with poor protection.

Yup. I'd even go so far as to describe the injury as self-inflicted and the direct result of the injured player geeking it up.

Or down, if you prefer.

So MB and Katie used their usual technique of letting their draft pick be slotted first. I may be wrong but it seems that they are the only team that consistently waits for both picks on either side to sign first. It looks like that shot them in the ass this year as the Raiders and Jets, who typically overpay, were on either side of the Bengals. I wonder if this year will make MB change how he looks at slotting? Either way...you got to pay the pick between the picks above and below you.

I'm over it at this point.. We got my #1 (Rey Mauluga) in the second round. He's signed and I can't wait to see him on the field Thursday. Smith has missed so much now that I don't see him contributing much this season. Who knows, this is ridiculous. It's the same damn thing every year with the Bengals... MB's biggest mistake was letting HBO film his retarded ass.

Agreen I agree in that many wanted Maualuga in the first and it's nice to have him. We can deal with Collins until they figure all of this out and I'm ok with that as well. My thing is, with the Bengals reported to be offering less than Gholston got LAST year, let alone not paying the slot THIS year, it's just sad and pathetic. It's a complete embarrassment from this front office. Sadly enough, the parts that stand to lose the most from this are Carson and the running game.

I'm really not mad at Smith or his agent. What kind of credibility would an agent have if they let their client sign a contract that not only didn't get them a raise at all from last years #6, but LESS ?? I don't blame them at all.

I understand the principle of the argument here from the agent's standpoint, but from Smith's I don't. When you're being offered $30 million it takes balls to say, "You know, $30 million's nice, but $40 million's better."

And the Bengals trying to go outside the slotting system is just as stupid. They know that no agent is going to sign a deal outside the slotting system yet they're trying anyway. More stupidity.

On top of both parties positions, they're both being nonchalant about getting the deal done. The Bengals sure aren't in any hurry to get the deal done, which is understandable to a point because they're comfortable with Collins. But Keels and Smith should be on the phone with the FO everyday trying to negotiate a freakin deal. The only person he's hurting with his hold out is him.

The whole damn system is dumb and I hope to God they come up with some sort of rookie payscale because the amount of money rookies make coming into this league when there's about a 50% bust rate is just ruining the ability of some teams to be competitive.

My thing is, with the Bengals reported to be offering less than Gholston got LAST year, let alone not paying the slot THIS year, it's just sad and pathetic. It's a complete embarrassment from this front office.

Why would anyone believe the numbers as reported? Even the numbers first leaked to Joe Reedy claimed the Bengals initial offer was 500k more than Gholston signed for last year. So now they're claiming the new numbers are less?

Bulls**t.

My thing is, with the Bengals reported to be offering less than Gholston got LAST year, let alone not paying the slot THIS year, it's just sad and pathetic. It's a complete embarrassment from this front office.

Why would anyone believe the numbers as reported? Even the numbers first leaked to Joe Reedy claimed the Bengals initial offer was 500k more than Gholston signed for last year. So now they're claiming the new numbers are less?

Bulls**t.

Yeah, just reporting what was reported Sir !!!

It all just sucks, but I find less reason to be upset with Smith and Keels with each passing day.

Why should Smith get any less, im not saying he deserves the money, but hell none of the rookies deserve all this money when they havnt even played a snap. However its the way things are going in the nfl, and this team needs to pay up all its doing is making them look bad, and is making the fans mad because they know he could be somebody who could help this team win right away. Once again our favorite team is screwing up.

I'm not upset with them. Rather, I simply have no faith whatsoever in the numbers being reported.

Certainly this is the season for disinformation, but if the Bengals' offer was being grossly misrepresented, wouldn't they do something to set the record straight? I realize they probably don't want to negotiate through the media, but if the other side is killing you from a PR perspective, don't you say something?

Of course, that assumes common sense, something that Mikey et al are in short supply of.

Certainly this is the season for disinformation, but if the Bengals' offer was being grossly misrepresented, wouldn't they do something to set the record straight? I realize they probably don't want to negotiate through the media, but if the other side is killing you from a PR perspective, don't you say something?

The Bengals hate negotiating through the media. Not that they haven't done so before, but when it happens it always comes very late and it's always handled badly. So no, I'm not in a hurry to see this thing played out in the press.

I'm not upset with them. Rather, I simply have no faith whatsoever in the numbers being reported.

Certainly this is the season for disinformation, but if the Bengals' offer was being grossly misrepresented, wouldn't they do something to set the record straight?

I don't think it's being grossly misrepresented, I think it's just that all we have are very old numbers. I mean, a few days back we hear they started at $33 million, and now we hear that they have raised their offer...to $33 million. :huh:

I don't think there's any news in the latest reports. "$5-10 million apart" is consistent with the old reports of $33 million (Bengals) vs. $40 million (Smith). Basically there is no "new news" and all we are getting is recycled coverage.

Myself, I doubt that the overall numbers are the problem. The Bengals know that it's going to take something like $40 million total/$20 million guaranteed to get Smith in camp. Now the fight is over all the details, with the Bengals holding out until the last minute in hopes of securing the most favorable terms. Happens every year, and every year they pretty much cave, but it's their M.O. and they're sticking to it.

So MB and Katie used their usual technique of letting their draft pick be slotted first. I may be wrong but it seems that they are the only team that consistently waits for both picks on either side to sign first. It looks like that shot them in the ass this year as the Raiders and Jets, who typically overpay, were on either side of the Bengals. I wonder if this year will make MB change how he looks at slotting? Either way...you got to pay the pick between the picks above and below you.

Not only that but they waited for 2 picks ahead 2 picks behind and each time it did not help them..

I understand the principle of the argument here from the agent's standpoint, but from Smith's I don't. When you're being offered $30 million it takes balls to say, "You know, $30 million's nice, but $40 million's better."

And the Bengals trying to go outside the slotting system is just as stupid. They know that no agent is going to sign a deal outside the slotting system yet they're trying anyway. More stupidity.

Blame the System not the Player,Not many players would take a smaller contract then the previous years pick....

It's not like we would be better off had we selected Monroe,He held out until he got quite a large increase over last years 8#....

Now the fight is over all the details, with the Bengals holding out until the last minute in hopes of securing the most favorable terms.

Even Willie Anderson joked ala tweat with Thornton about the Bengals digging in over weight clauses and workout demands intended to keep Smith working out in Cincy year round. So I'm still guessing we're looking at the Bengals hold firm on contract structure designed to cover their collective asses should Smith bust, not part of a ploy to keep the team from paying full market value for Smith should he play well.

Now the fight is over all the details, with the Bengals holding out until the last minute in hopes of securing the most favorable terms.

Even Willie Anderson joked ala tweat with Thornton about the Bengals digging in over weight clauses and workout demands intended to keep Smith working out in Cincy year round. So I'm still guessing we're looking at the Bengals hold firm on contract structure designed to cover their collective asses should Smith bust, not part of a ploy to keep the team from paying full market value for Smith should he play well.

Hmm. This would actually make sense. I could see why Smith would have no intention of signing it, and can also see why the Bengals have no intention of letting him balloon to 400 lbs. Interesting theory at least.

from keels twitter

spoke with Katie today and i am thinking that i am going to sneak into Cincy after the game 2mrw sit down with ownership. Wish me luck!

Fingers crossed

I hope the deal gets done. The Bengals could use good PR and so far Hard Knocks has been mostly

positive. However, the lack of negotiations is an embarassment.

Agreen I agree in that many wanted Maualuga in the first and it's nice to have him. We can deal with Collins until they figure all of this out and I'm ok with that as well. My thing is, with the Bengals reported to be offering less than Gholston got LAST year, let alone not paying the slot THIS year, it's just sad and pathetic. It's a complete embarrassment from this front office. Sadly enough, the parts that stand to lose the most from this are Carson and the running game.

I'm really not mad at Smith or his agent. What kind of credibility would an agent have if they let their client sign a contract that not only didn't get them a raise at all from last years #6, but LESS ?? I don't blame them at all.

MB seems to do things backwards, maybe it's the best thing to do. He and Buffalo's coach were the only two to vote against something (I couldn't care less what it was) when the rest of the league wouldn't listen. They're listening now..

These teams are giving these rookies too much money if you ask me. It's crazy. This may be the last year of the cap. We're in the middle of a reccession. Andre just sign the damn deal, it is a lot of money.

That's how one side of me feels, the other side....

Pay the man.