Any chance Andre Smith is signed...ever?

walzav29

• Replies 487
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm thinking about putting the moves on Katie

Are you prepared to drink the amount of alcohol to be able to go through with that? Even fat chicks are bringing more to the table than she's got. ^_^

Yeah, how many fat chicks in the bar are bringing who knows how many hundreds of millions of daddy's bucks to the table?

For a couple hundred million, she ain't that bad really.

For a couple hundred million, she ain't that bad really.

Hey, Troy Blackburn, how'd you get Greg's bengalszone password?

Hey, I didn't say I'd MARRY her for the dough...I'm just saying. Put the money into the equation and she outscores at least some of Billy's fat chicks.

Ok, you caught me. Greg told me I had to defend my old lady.

I'd coddle, cuddle, and romance her to get A.Smith signed. He is an adorable knucklehead who is a mauler. I'm telling you. It will be a great addition to get him. Troy had better man up and tell her to get it done, or I'm growing a mustache and driving to Georgetown!

You've got me thinking about the Marge Schott era in Reds history...What would you have done to get her to sign a FA?

Just where are your limits?

Thanks for that. I just threw up all over the place.

I Don't follow baseball. I just want Smith signed. With watching Hard Knocks, I am twice as frustrated as I've ever been any other year. I see the cheapness. It makes me angry. All I want is for the Bengals to do well. Is that a crime?

If it is, I'm on probation for it.

/>http://bengals.enquirer.com/2003/04/26/katie_150x200.jpg

You know, even though they're pretty popular, ferrets don't actually make good pets. They're destructive, they bite, you can't housebreak them, and they won't negotiate with agents in a reasonable manner.

katie_150x200.jpg

post of the month, right there

Yea, it's frustrating. Makes you want to take your field hockey bat and just wack the dickens out of your 3 ring binder that says "Andre Smith Signing" on the front. Memo to Mike Brown: Buy your daughter a laptop and a document management program, pull her into the 90s.

*Sigh* I am very curious what Keels' latest offer was for.

From Reedy's Cincinnati.com blog:

The Bengals left Georgetown College on Tuesday without Andre Smith signed. Wednesday will mark Day 20 that Smith has unsigned, equaling David Pollack’s 2005 absence.

According to those familiar with the negotiations, the Bengals last offer to Smith was five years at the base at $28 million and a maximum of $33 million. That’s lower than what the Jets’ Vernon Gholston received last year as the sixth pick (base of $32.5 million) and way lower than what Oakland’s Darrius Heyward-Bey received as this year’s seventh pick (base of $38.25 million).

With Andre Smith unsigned, many are now looking at the holdout lasting to September or longer.

A blast from the past:

Actually, you tell lies and half-truths in nearly every post you write....including todays menu items featuring Andre Smith's holdout and Carson Palmer's future injury. Sadly, tomorrow you'll tell even more lies and half-truths....all in the name of being a better more informed Bengal fan.

When Smith holds out and Palmer gets injured, I will take no enjoyment in the fact that you will have been proven wrong once again.

I thought it would take longer than 1 quarter for Palmer to get injured, I will say that.

Here's an idea I've been bouncing around. Maybe crazy, maybe not...tell me what you all think.

OK, we know the Bengals want a bargain. At the very least, they don't want to overpay.

At the same time, the Bengals are famous for offering "structures," meaning contracts that players will see all the money from, versus the usual funny money deals.

So offer Smith 5 years, $30 million...and guarantee every dime.

So he gets less than No. 7 and 8 overall, but more guaranteed than No. 5. And we all know tat guaranteed coin is the only coin that matters.

The risk for the Bengals is minimal. Even going off Monroe's deal, Smith gets ~ $20 million guaranteed. And Keels gets to brag about getting a better deal than Sanchez got.

Dunno if it makes sense but thought I'd throw it out there.

Here's an idea I've been bouncing around. Maybe crazy, maybe not...tell me what you all think.

OK, we know the Bengals want a bargain. At the very least, they don't want to overpay.

At the same time, the Bengals are famous for offering "structures," meaning contracts that players will see all the money from, versus the usual funny money deals.

So he gets less than No. 7 and 8 overall, but more guaranteed than No. 5. And we all know tat guaranteed coin is the only coin that matters.

The risk for the Bengals is minimal. Even going off Monroe's deal, Smith gets ~ $20 million guaranteed. And Keels gets to brag about getting a better deal than Sanchez got.

It makes great sense... because the team with the #6 pick next year will assassinate Mike Brown. I love it!

It occurs to me that it might be tough to structure, what with the rookie pool and limits on annual increases and all. Though it ought to be possible to create a deal that's at least effectively guaranteed by making him impossible to cut under the cap (of course, that's a whole 'nother issue with the expiring CBA...)

Still, the whole "Mike gets assassinated" part increase my interest. :lol:

(Note that by assassinated I mean, "strung up on a pole by his tighty whities.")

In the end, I expect the Bengals to give him something like $40 million total, $20 million guaranteed. They'll just drag it out for reasons only known to themselves.

That could work but Ms. Snowflake would never be so creative.

That could work but Ms. Snowflake would never be so creative.

Not Snowflake - Pumpkin

He calls her that during board meetings too

c'mon KW get with the program

smowflakes, pumpkins, princesses...all are meaningless until they sign Smith. $5-10M apart....it is like flushing the first pick down the toilet. Should have traded out of the spot...at least then maybe we'd have a couple of extra players.