Any chance Andre Smith is signed...ever?

walzav29

• Replies 487
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

post a link to his twitter

/>http://twitter.com/ALVINKEELS

Naturally, I take anything a sports agent says or twitters/tweets/twatters/pick-your-verb as a lie until proven otherwise

Maybe so, but it gives me something else to look at when i've exhausted other means. I see where PFT, Chad, and even Willie Anderson are following the tweets of Mr. Keels.

Monroe Signs

Monroe agrees to deal with Jaguars

Posted by Gregg Rosenthal on August 14, 2009 2:02 PM ET

Another long first-round holdout has come to an end.

Jaguars tackle Eugene Monroe has agreed to terms, according to Adam Schefter of Twitter/ESPN soon enough.

Monroe, taken eighth overall out of Virginia, has come to terms just a day after ninth overall pick B.J. Raji of the Packers agreed to his contract. Monroe's deal is expected to be for five years.

There is a legitimate debate now whether Monroe will have time to win the starting left tackle job because Tra Thomas has performed better than expected in training camp.

That's a good problem for the Jaguars to have, especially after their offensive line collapsed last season. We suspect Monroe will get the call before long.

Monroe's deal leaves just three unsigned first-round picks: Bengals T Andre Smith, 49ers WR Michael Crabtree, and Bills DE Aaron Maybin.

/>http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2009/08/14/monroe-agrees-to-deal-with-jaguars/

Ok you dummies (referring to Mike and Katie). All of the top 10 picks are signed. Including a tackle before you and a tackle after you. All of the work has been done, so get on it!!!!!!!!!

Crabtree signed?? Did I miss that?

I really am of the line of thought that NONE of the other players signing are going to help the Bengals or Smith in any way.

x2

Katie is digging her heals in the sand just like dear ole Dad.

"Darn greedy players having the nerve to want money consistant with where they are slotted. Don't they know it's a lot of money the Bengals are offering?" :rolleyes:

....Okay so can we please now sign Smith?

katie_150x200.jpg

Don't those greedy players know how much money I am offering them? Woe is me!!!

Gawd, she's hideous. If you gave her a close cropped haircut she'd look like one of the guys from Revenge of the Nerds.

I'm thinking about putting the moves on Katie, just so I could sweet talk her into having no more holdouts. I might just literally take one for the team.

Ahhhhhh. Maybe the plan is to wait for NEXT years #5 and number #7 to sign then we could really be sure not to overpay. Puuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuke. Still Super Bowl bound though.