Houshmandzadeh won't buy Madden till it does him right.

Kazkal

I am glad this **** is off our team. He has shown his true colors once he left...

/>http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...e-madden-game/

T.J. says he'll boycott the Madden game

Posted by Mike Florio on July 21, 2009 6:35 AM ET

nfl_houshmandzadeh_250.jpg

Seahawks receiver T.J. Houshmandzadeh surely believes that becoming an unrestricted free agent is one of the best things that ever could have happened to him.

In hindsight, it could end up being one of the worst.

His status as a free agent, his tour of various teams, and his departure from Cincinnati for Seattle has caused the media to pay more attention to him than ever before.

And the more he talks, the more he comes off as a guy who simply doesn't get it.

Most recently, Houshmandzadeh told Colin Cowherd of ESPN Radio that he'll boycott the 2010 version of the Madden video game, because Houshmandzadeh doesn't like the rating that has been assigned to him.

"I understand I averaged 10 yards a catch, but it's the offense, not me," Houshmandzadeh said, via Mike Sando of ESPN.com. "I'm not playing Madden no more until they get my rating right. . . . I used to be the best in the world at Madden. I'm going to miss not playing it, but until they do me right, I'm not playing it any more."

When we saw those words, we assumed that Houshmandzadeh had received a rating in the low 80s, possibly in the upper 70s.

We were wrong. Per Sando, he's a 91. And that's the sixth highest wideout rating in the NFC.

Specifically, Houshmandzadeh trails only Larry Fitzgerald (99), Steve Smith (97), Anquan Boldin (94), Roddy White (93), and Calvin Johnson (92).

It's sounds about right to us; we'd take any of those guys before Houshmandzadeh. (And we say that knowing full well that T.J.'s response might be to say that he's "not coming here no more.") Actually, given the distinct possibility that Houshmandzadeh will be the next in a line of No. 2 wideouts who couldn't perform at a sufficient level as a No. 1 target, the rating is probably higher than it should be.

And if he wants the number to be even higher next year, all he has to do is make good on his vow from last month.

"I just want to let everyone know that Matt Hasselbeck and I will be leading the Seahawks to the playoffs this season," Houshmandzadeh told Sporting News. "And we'll be going to the Pro Bowl as a tandem. We're both going to have top five seasons: He'll have a top five quarterback season, and I'll have a top five receiving season. I'll put up stats I've never had before yardswise because they're allowing me to be a complete receiver."

In our view, T.J. is setting himself up for a dramatic failure. To make matters worse, his boasting, which isn't nearly as engaging or humorous as former teammate Chad Ochocinco's shtick, is going to persuade otherwise neutral observers to root against Houshmandzadeh.

I'm really not missing the guy :|`

Yeah, I'm not missing him either. He's gotten real cocky and there's nothing wrong with his rating on Madden and there hasn't been for a few years.

I also love how he continues to blame this offense for his 10 ypc average. Like 10ypc is a bad thing. That's a first down every catch. That's just as important as having a deep threat IMO.

He just needs to shut up and play. His temper tantrum has gone on far too long.

It's almost like he adopted Chad's value set. That being that only the deep threat is worthwhile. What's wrong with being a possession receiver? It didn't hurt Chris Carter much, Hines Ward, there are plenty of them in the NFL. Possession receivers are beloved by offensive coordinators. Can Housh even run with top cover corners?

I was going to post this yesterday as well.

I find his predictions for their season humerous at best.

TJ has a top 5 WR season.

Hasselbeck has a top 5 QB season.

They go to the pro bowl as a tandem.

The take their team to the playoffs.

While they may take their team to the playoffs, they finished 4-12 last year and there were 9 other teams that finished ahead of them for the wild card spots. Those same teams have made improvements as well, so I think that may be harder than they think. As for top 5 at their respective positions ?? I'll go ahead and simply say BULLSH*T. That's a fantasy and I would take that bet from anyone that it won't happen.

Pro Bowl ?? Whatever...

TJ is just showing that he was Chad Jr. when he was on this team. I think he will have a solid year for the Seahawks, but he's off on his predictions.

I was going to post this yesterday as well.

I find his predictions for their season humerous at best.

TJ has a top 5 WR season.

Hasselbeck has a top 5 QB season.

They go to the pro bowl as a tandem.

The take their team to the playoffs.

While they may take their team to the playoffs, they finished 4-12 last year and there were 9 other teams that finished ahead of them for the wild card spots. Those same teams have made improvements as well, so I think that may be harder than they think. As for top 5 at their respective positions ?? I'll go ahead and simply say BULLSH*T. That's a fantasy and I would take that bet from anyone that it won't happen.

Pro Bowl ?? Whatever...

TJ is just showing that he was Chad Jr. when he was on this team. I think he will have a solid year for the Seahawks, but he's off on his predictions.

They could make the playoffs. They are in the NFC West, after all. I don't think 4-12 reflected the team when they are healthy. The 49ers didn't improve that much and still have major QB issues. The Rams may have improved, but still have a long way to go. The Cardinals probably played over their skis, but could repeat given the division ONLY IF Warner is still as good as last year. He is always hit and miss. Put Leinart in there and I say no. I just don't see him as a big time NFL QB.

But back to the main point of the thread, yeah Douchemandzadeh showed his true self and now feels he has to assume the prototypical diva receiver mentality.

Whatever. I like what we got. John Madden doesn't care if Douche buys his game or not. Makes the Coles signing look even sweeter.

I'm really not missing the guy :|`

And why would you?

It took the better part of an afternoon for the Bengals to adequately replace TJ, and some will make the argument the Bengals actually upgraded his spot by signing Coles.

BTW, I caught my first glimpse of TJ practing while wearing a Seahawk uniform yesterday, and despite the fact I once called him my favorite Bengal I'm happy to report....watching the video didn't hurt a bit.

It's almost like he adopted Chad's value set. That being that only the deep threat is worthwhile. What's wrong with being a possession receiver? It didn't hurt Chris Carter much, Hines Ward, there are plenty of them in the NFL. Possession receivers are beloved by offensive coordinators. Can Housh even run with top cover corners?

I think the seeds were already there. I recall a few years ago in the offseason, he spent the entire time lobbying for post routes saying he was fast enough. It's like actors, they always want to be musicians. Housh wants to catch long TD's and, in the process, he's ignoring the fact that he caught more TD's than Chad pretty consistently. Why he couldn't be happy with that role may seem hard to understand until you consider that apparently WR's just want too damn much attention. That's why, so far, I'm rather enjoying the Lav's contrariness with the media as it seems a far better foil to him than TJ, who now sounds like he wants to be Chad.

The funny thing about Coles this offseason is that despite him being a #1 WR his entire career and coming to a team that already had Chad, it has earned only about 5 minutes of news coverage. In fact, in the past couple weeks when ESPN has been talking all about Chris Henry and how Palmer calls him Moss Jr., the only topic is how well Henry will be able to step in and take over Housh's role opposite Chad.

In all of those discussions and debates I saw and read, how many thought it worthy of note that Coles was even on the roster? Zippo.

He is flying under the radar right now. That's really rare for WRs as talented as he is. I'll bet people will start taking notice before too long.

Oh yeah... to keep the thread on topic. Housh was on ESPN this morning with designers of Madden, and they made him look like a stupid little child without even trying. He kept interupting them and calling them liars when they did things like reference his stats and 40 yard dash times. Nicely played Housh. Stay classy.

I'll bet people will start taking notice before too long.

I'm betting they start to notice immediately prior to, or after, the first critical 3rd down attempt the Bengals are faced with this season.

Like the man just said, less Ocho....more Lav.

Edit: Or if you prefer.....pour on the Coles, boys!

Getting rid of Harris bought Shirley some time in my opinion and on a side note, did anyone see where the Rams traded Harris away for a WR ??

I'm pretty excited to see what Coles will bring to the offense and with him not having to be the mouth of the WR corps, he may be able to focus and actually have some fun with Carson throwing him the ball.

Getting rid of Harris bought Shirley some time in my opinion and on a side note, did anyone see where the Rams traded Harris away for a WR ??

I'm pretty excited to see what Coles will bring to the offense and with him not having to be the mouth of the WR corps, he may be able to focus and actually have some fun with Carson throwing him the ball.

Yeah, I saw that too. Poor Orien Harris who will now apparently be a Detroit Lion.

Houshmandzadeh has made the right decision of leading the Seahawks to the playoffs this season. Good luck!

What ??

Dude's not off to a good start here.

Yeah, I just didn't get that...

Let me help. TJ is an idiot who's going to have a worse year in Seattle.

Well, their offense just isn't very good to begin with. The o-line is mediocre. They have no running game. Hasselbeck isn't what he used to be. I don't see how that adds up to TJ having a great year especially since he's learning a new playbook, too. Plus, all the s**t he keeps talking is wearing me out. He just needs to shut up and play.

Regardless of anything TJ did or didn't do for the Bengals, he's being an idiot right now and I'm glad he's in a Seahawks jersey while doing it. His stated expectations for him and Hasselbeck are on the lofty side of things that I just don't see happening. Sorry, but I don't see them both with top five stats in their respective positions while going to the Pro Bowl as a tandem like Carson and Chad did. Just not the same.