Latest news on Ocho

gregstephens

http://www.examiner.com/examiner/x-7774-Cincinnati-Bengals-Examiner~y2009m6d25-Chad-Ochocinco-compares-today-with-911

I apologize in advance for yet another Ocho thread, especially one connected to Twitter, but I found this one so over the top I went ahead and opened it.

It does actually cause me football-related concern that this man has lost his mind and that it will greatly impact this team.

Well, I can see where these two deaths may strike people a bit, but to compare them to the tragedy of 9/11 could quite possibly be the dumbest sh*t i've EVER heard.

He did apologize, but wow...

I know people will wonder what this has to do with football, but to me it's a judgment/intellect issue. Kinda like Mr. Wonderlik Vince Young.

I always thought Fredo was just a big jerk. I feel like I owe him an apology. He's not a jerk--he's mentally challenged!

Well, I can see where these two deaths may strike people a bit, but to compare them to the tragedy of 9/11 could quite possibly be the dumbest sh*t i've EVER heard.

He did apologize, but wow...

I know people will wonder what this has to do with football, but to me it's a judgment/intellect issue. Kinda like Mr. Wonderlik Vince Young.

I always thought Fredo was just a big jerk. I feel like I owe him an apology. He's not a jerk--he's mentally challenged!

He's a freakin tool. I'm as shocked as any one about the passing of MJ, but I would never, ever compare any celebrity death to 9/11. That's dumb on so many levels I doubt I could count them all if I spent the rest of my life trying.

This is why Twitter will be the worst fad in human history. Who the heck needs to write every random thought that flitters through their head. Hmmm..I could go for a peanut butter banana sandwich. Opps I just yawned! Michael Jackson's death = 911. We report it as news and it may be the beginning of the end, though forums aren't much better than twitter for spewing hyperbole.

i don't post much here, but i have to with this...

chad, you are a disaster, man. up yours and f**k you.

And this coming from a member with a Chad avatar and a Chad related screen name. Good for you my friend, good for you.

And yet others think "we" are the ones who just don't get it...

And this coming from a member with a Chad avatar and a Chad related screen name. Good for you my friend, good for you.

yeah, when i signed up here, chad was the man. why do you mean in the bolded statement?

yeah, when i signed up here, chad was the man. why do you mean in the bolded statement?

Oh there are a specific few on this forum whose lips are permanently tattooed on Ocho's 'other' face. Nothing Ocho does is ever wrong to them, regardless how out there it may be. Those of 'us' that may dare criticize Cincy's 'great one' are commonly labeled as 'haters'.

Oh there are a specific few on this forum whose lips are permanently tattooed on Ocho's 'other' face. Nothing Ocho does is ever wrong to them, regardless how out there it may be. Those of 'us' that may dare criticize Cincy's 'great one' are commonly labeled as 'haters'.

got ya. well, sign me up..this guy is a freaking clown man.

From one "hater" to another, thanks Greg !!!

You are the president of this 'fan' club. I only wish to serve. :sure:

I kinda felt like Dr. Evil in the Austin Powers movies using all the little quotes in that one posts. "We'll call it a 'laser'."

got ya. well, sign me up..this guy is a freaking clown man.

Well to the 'Hater's club'. You'll soon be paid a visit by the agreens and JoePongs of the forum. They're fairly harmless, though.

Hey...guess what? My Ocho/9-11 story was picked up and commented on in the Atlanta Journal Constitution. I mean they actually wrote an article about my article.

Here...http://www.ajc.com/sports/content/sports/stories/2009/06/26/ochocinco_jackson_fawcett_deaths.html

FWIW...the person writing THAT article incorrectly writes 86, not me!!!!

Hey...guess what? My Ocho/9-11 story was picked up and commented on in the Atlanta Journal Constitution. I mean they actually wrote an article about my article.

Here...http://www.ajc.com/sports/content/sports/stories/2009/06/26/ochocinco_jackson_fawcett_deaths.html

Keep up the good writing. You never know who might be reading.

I generally enjoy your writings but this seems like muck-raking.

Why even report on this? I realize the off-season is slow but who gives a crap

That being said, Chad may be an idiot at times but he's still a lovable idiot.

he's still a lovable idiot.

Nothing lovable about him

Find out how lovable your boss will find you if he finds out you've tanked at your job for an entire year, to the detriment of the entire company

Find out how lovable your wife and family will find you once the boss fires you (as any real boss in any real-life job would do) and you and the family are out on the streets

1400 yds and 10+ TDs is 'lovable'. michael jackson and farrah fawcett dead is like 9/11 = very unlovable

I generally enjoy your writings but this seems like muck-raking.

Why even report on this? I realize the off-season is slow but who gives a crap

That being said, Chad may be an idiot at times but he's still a lovable idiot.

Thank you much for the first compliment.

I don't disagree with the 'muck-raking' element of your post. I was never that comfortable with the whole Twitter stalking thing so I gave it up after two or three posts.

But, man, the people read that stuff like you would not believe.

Heck, even the Atlanta Journal Constitution and our own Paul Daugherty resort to a little sensationalism on Ocho on occasion. I don't want it to define my writing, however, so I don't engage it in much. Just a little variety to spice up the readership.

I doubt I can ever learn to love Chad again.

That said, when Chad was having his meltdown over the size of his contract, and don't ever make the mistake of assuming it was about anything else, the Bengals responded by saying they'd consider a new deal if Chad ever put up the type of numbers he's capable of producing within this teams offensive scheme. FWIW, they pegged that potential production at....(wait for it)......1800 yards and more than a dozen TD receptions.

So there it is, Chad. Do that much and I'll pretend to love you.

To get me to the point of pretending to like him.......in addition to everything Hair said above........he'd have to stop giving up on broken plays, particularly ones where a ball thrown his way gets intercepted, and start blocking for others, and there'd have to be at least one playoff win, and he'd have to STFU.

I'm not holding my breath waiting for any of this, particularly the last item

Yea you can't compare people who died of natural causes to people who were killed, that is ridiculous...I agree that everyone shouldn't put down there every thought(Twitter) because some people are dumber than a doorknob and they should keep that to themselves...But I'm not a hater...

I don't disagree with the 'muck-raking' element of your post. I was never that comfortable with the whole Twitter stalking thing so I gave it up after two or three posts.

But, man, the people read that stuff like you would not believe.

I'm happy to say I'm not one of those people. I'm a Twitter virgin, and have never read a tweet. It just seems so f**king gay.