Draft pick signings

BlainThePain

Well, I guess it also depends on the fact that Monroe isn't being handed the starting position and A. Smith is already pencilled in.

I really don't know what to think at this point, but want to see as many high picks signed as soon as possible to assist in signing Smith.

I never understood why a team would put an unsigned Rookie 1st on the depth chart. It seems to me that the club is just giving dude's Agent some bullets.

Odd part about that is the fact that ANY of the top 3 OT's taken in the draft would have been pencilled in as starters from day one on THIS team.

The Bengals just weren't going to fool anyone into thinking that one of those OT's taken at #6 wasn't starting.

I never understood why a team would put an unsigned Rookie 1st on the depth chart. It seems to me that the club is just giving dude's Agent some bullets.

(((shrug)))

It may have been uncertain where he would end up, but Smith was guaranteed to start somewhere simply due to his draft position....so playing word games with the roster wouldn't have meant much. We all know whenever Smith signs he's a starter. In fact, unless Anthony Collins collapses in a heap sometime in the next few weeks Smith's agent won't have any extra leverage to speak of. Just the common garden variety "I got you by the short hairs" sort of leverage that always comes with the 6 slot.

First important signing Bernard Scott

That's very good news. I think this young man just might make a very good impact on this team....

Yup, seems have his head on strait and I look forward to seeing him torch some defenses.

I'm actually looking forward to seeing him play as well. I hope he keeps his head straight because I think the Bengals gotta steal with him.

seconded. did that this morning with my madden franchise... turns out the dude's got a 67 INJ rating. gah. then again, he runs a 4.32 and benches 225lb 27 times... which would be enough for mikey brown to draft him.

Here's another:

Bengals Sign A Seventh-Rounder

Posted by Mike Florio on June 22, 2009, 12:15 p.m.

The Bengals have announced that defensive tackle Clinton McDonald has agreed to terms. (Though we've yet to confirm this one with the Elias Sports Bureau, McDonald might be the first player in league history named after both a former U.S. president . . . and said former U.S. president's favorite restaurant.)

McDonald is the fourth Bengals draft pick to sign a deal. Seven remain unsigned, including an oversized offensive tackle who probably has frequented said former president's favorite restaurant a time or two. Today.

http://www.profootballtalk.com/2009/06/22/...eventh-rounder/

Here's the official site's release:

Defensive tackle Clinton McDonald of Memphis became the fourth Bengals draft pick to sign Monday and the second seventh-rounder, joining Utah wide receiver Freddie Brown. Both sixth-rounders, Michigan cornerback Morgan Trent and Abilene Christian's Bernard Scott, are in. The club's first seventh-rounder, BYU fullback Fui Vakapuna, is one of the seven unsigned picks.

http://www.bengals.com/news/article-1/mcdo...bd-f18a66d0be0f

Defensive tackle Clinton McDonald of Memphis became the fourth Bengals draft pick to sign Monday and the second seventh-rounder, joining Utah wide receiver Freddie Brown. Both sixth-rounders, Michigan cornerback Morgan Trent and Abilene Christian's Bernard Scott, are in. The club's first seventh-rounder, BYU fullback Fui Vakapuna, is one of the seven unsigned picks.

that means the roster spots are dwindling for the D-line... rucker, fanene and shirley will have to watch out.

that means the roster spots are dwindling for the D-line... rucker, fanene and shirley will have to watch out.

There has been talk about that last roster spot and I really think if there is ANY talk of the possibility of going to more 3-4 or a total switch (which I don't think will happen) then Shirley will stick around for at least another year. If the following year they go after a DT in the 1st, then his days may be over...