Official Ocho Twitter Update Thread

gregstephens

Hair, I can't get the check thing together, so if you let me know how you want your .17 cents broken down, I'll get it to you quick in a ziplock baggie !!!

Sadly, I must confess I usually look forward to enjoying the contents of a ziplock bag with a bit more enthusiasm than I'm feeling right now.

Well fortunately for you, I to have someone I know at that apple store and from my understanding the stool was broken into pieces and they got a piece. So not only will there be the .17 cents for your input to the board, there will be a stool sample as well. How you feeling about that baggie now ??

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hair, I can't get the check thing together, so if you let me know how you want your .17 cents broken down, I'll get it to you quick in a ziplock baggie !!!

Sadly, I must confess I usually look forward to enjoying the contents of a ziplock bag with a bit more enthusiasm than I'm feeling right now.

Well fortunately for you, I to have someone I know at that apple store and from my understanding the stool was broken into pieces and they got a piece. So not only will there be the .17 cents for your input to the board, there will be a stool sample as well. How you feeling about that baggie now ??

Oh, that's funnier than crap, all puns intended.

• 2 weeks later...

a thread called "The Daily Twit" and post each Chad related douchery there.

Now see I would have spelt that with an "A" and not an "I", which I think is more apt since Chad has been having lessons at "The Corey Dillon Scool of Public Relations"

a thread called "The Daily Twit" and post each Chad related douchery there.

Now see I would have spelt that with an "A" and not an "I", which I think is more apt since Chad has been having lessons at "The Corey Dillon Scool of Public Relations"

To be honest I think he's recently dropped out of that school.

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone else read yesterday that Chad says he's going to "Tweet" during games? I wish he would STFU and just do his job.

I think Marvin should cut him this deal...

One touchdown earns you one tweet.

And it must be about the touchdown, tweeted at a time close in relation to said touchdown. The tweet can be as self-serving and self-loving as Fredo wants, but cannot be used to taunt, denigrate or otherwise inflame the opposing team or any players thereon. Nor can said tweet be utilized to comment in any form or fashion on the officiating, the National Football League, Roger Goodell or any of his agents. Finally, any tweeter content referring to the Bengals team, its players, coaches or management must be authorized and approved by Marvin Lewis prior to its final transmission.

Man I love being a lawyer!

Isn't NO sufficient ??

Wait a minute though, is this going to followed up by Chad (like his face tats) by saying how he was just trying to prove a point about how the media will talk about anything and then blow it out of proportion ??

D*MN IT, HE GOT US AGAIN !!! That silly Chad...

....Chad's twittering is little more than a defacto daily press leak/release from a player who probably couldn't spell restraint, and he's promised to keep it up all season long...including during games.

It makes my bowels flop just thinking about it.

I wrote the above almost a month ago after Chad first started yammering about tweeting during games. Frankly, I'm not sure why it took the press so long to react, nor do I care very much about their thoughts....because nobody has to tell me how badly this idiotic Twitter thing could blow up if a constantly grandstanding player like Chad is left unchecked. That said, I'm curious about how the powers that be in the NFL will react to this crap because it's becoming commonplace for athletes to use Twitter to tell their stories in whatever manner they see fit.

Let's ignore the Chad angle for a second. Imagine what the reaction would be if a still active Willie Anderson tweeted about how Bengal players feel cursed OR how he laughed when Stacey Andrews was injured, thereby ruining the Bengals plans to use him as Willies replacement.

Silly or serious each tweeted thought potentially becomes a press leak that coaches and front office types will have to react to.

Just saying....

....Chad's twittering is little more than a defacto daily press leak/release from a player who probably couldn't spell restraint, and he's promised to keep it up all season long...including during games.

It makes my bowels flop just thinking about it.

I wrote the above almost a month ago after Chad first started yammering about tweeting during games. Frankly, I'm not sure why it took the press so long to react, nor do I care very much about their thoughts....because nobody has to tell me how badly this idiotic Twitter thing could blow up if a constantly grandstanding player like Chad is left unchecked. That said, I'm curious about how the powers that be in the NFL will react to this crap because it's becoming commonplace for athletes to use Twitter to tell their stories in whatever manner they see fit.

Let's ignore the Chad angle for a second. Imagine what the reaction would be if a still active Willie Anderson tweeted about how Bengal players feel cursed OR how he laughed when Stacey Andrews was injured, thereby ruining the Bengals plans to use him as Willies replacement.

Silly or serious each tweeted thought potentially becomes a press leak that coaches and front office types will have to react to.

Just saying....

I'm sure most coaches will get a lid on it, but if they want to keep Ocho Noshow from tweeting they're going to have to cut him.

Hobson just posted a pretty bad article about Chad's twits that stated the NFL looked into it and found an existing rule that prohibits cell phone use at or near the benches. Hopefully that should put to rest any plans Chad had to twit during games.

Anybody catch Chad's twits in response to the NFL's stance?

First he asks aloud if he would still GET PAID if he was suspended for tweating during a game....implying the act of tweating is so important to him that he'd consider a suspension as long as it didn't harm him too much financially. So much for his newfound focus and promise to produce a monster season and a playoff berth, right? Later he writes cryptically about challenging the ban.....ala making his own rules.

well, it depends

there are those among us who would find a way to praise Chad even if he took a steaming dump directly that person's face

so for them, yeah, it's enthusiasm and fun and Chad being Chad and the heck with the NFL

for the rest of us?

You have the answer already

I pray he is suspended, fined game checks, belittled, laughed out of the league.

Seriously who asks about still getting paid if he gets suspended for doing something like this ?? Idiot.

Like everything else related to Chad's antics, the most disappointiong aspect to it all is how unneccessary it always seems to be. For example, under circumstances this trivial wouldn't any other player respond to a threat of suspension with a quick...."Well, so much for that idea." Instead, Chad's first reaction is to wonder aloud if a suspension might be worth it as long as he still gets paid....completely ignoring the fact that Chad gets paid to play football, not tweat a bunch of nonsense.

Are you guys still supporting this stupidity or are we still chalking this up to passion for the game ??

The Twitter crap has nothing to do with his passion for the game. Rather, it'a all about celebrity and self promotion.And I'm guessing the reason so many can still defend this type of crap is precisely because it seems so harmless and trivial at first glance.

Frankly, I already miss the angry and focused version of Chad we briefly witnessed a few weeks ago....now replaced by his latest persona, Estaban, the twittering fool.

Still no response from the Chad "nut huggers" of the board ?? C'mon guys, surely you have something right ??

The "new Chad" we saw for all of a couple weeks, when he appeared early and commented about how focused he was has been replaced by this ass wipe. So here's a question for the "new Chad"... How do you focus on playing football and helping the team win when you are asking questions about your suspension before it has happened ?? Meaning, he's commenting about doing this on purpose. His actions would then directly impact the team he's so "dedicated" to making better. Then again, so did his actions last year, so this shouldn't really be a suprise to any of us.

New name for his jersey, twitter, and HBO Hard Knocks = Chad being a bigger f*ckstick than anyone thought possible.

That's quite the accomplishment. I wonder if he's working on any new dance material ??

Then again, TO is getting his own reality show, so he HAS to do something to make sure he's not forgotten right ??

I wonder if he's working on any new dance material ??

When he started the whole Ocho thing I predicted we'd someday see an endzone demonstration of the Mexican hat dance.

Of course, now that his beloved sidekick has moved on Chad will need to find someone else to help him with the props....("Get the bag, get the bag").....but yeah, I can still very easily imagine a large sombrero being involved.

And perhaps a burro or two.

I wonder if he's working on any new dance material ??

When he started the whole Ocho thing I predicted we'd someday see an endzone demonstration of the Mexican hat dance.

Of course, now that his beloved sidekick has moved on Chad will need to find someone else to help him with the props....("Get the bag, get the bag").....but yeah, I can still very easily imagine a large sombrero being involved.

And perhaps a burro or two.

Maybe he can get "Kinky Kelly and the Sexy Stud" !!!

• 4 weeks later...

A new twitter episode from Chad per PFT...

/>http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2009/08/03/ochocinco-schlereth-do-battle-twitter-style/

Well, we've apparently started a trend.

Last week, we engaged in an extended Twitter debate with Bengals receiver Chad Ochocinco, which Richard Deitsch of SI.com called "the most enjoyable media war of the month."

This week, Ochocinco and ESPN's Mark Schlereth are battling it out.

[Editor's note: All Tweets have been edited to make them more readable.]

It all apparently started several hours ago, when Chad was ranting about the indictment of receiver Plaxico Burress. Said Chad: "Twitter family please pray for my dude Plaxico Burress, indicted on all counts after injuring himself, huh, grand jury my a$$!!!!"

Chad apparently then got some feedback he didn't appreciate, prompting this threat to block any of his Twitter followers who didn't follow Chad's lead on decrying the indictment: "Every person that sends a negative comment to my phone about his situation will be blocked!!! Straight up, he made a f ing mistake!!!!!!!!"

Alas, Chad later realized it was a losing battle: "Damn too many to block, never mind, y'all [are] harsh as hell, I thought this was a Twitter family, damn it. We all make mistakes, love y'all anyway!"

As best we can tell, Schlereth decided at that point to pounce: "Way to stand firm for your boy, oh wait never mind!"

Said Chad in response: "Mark, where you been, stop killing me on TV or I'll be going to jail for assault, oh wait never mind, child please!!!!!!"

Schlereth: "Dude that was funny, you have to admit. Show me the Chad that loves the game more than the fame and I will be effusive in my praise for your skill and effort."

Chad: "You ain't gonna find out behind that desk, you don't know me, you only know what you see on TV just like everyone else. . . . Fame? Fame comes when you winning games, last time I checked we weren't to damn good, but!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You don't even care about me or my team so why even waste my time or here, I will not fail or lose this year!!!!! Straight up."

Schlereth: "Chad, I hope you're correct. I hope you win. You are correct I don't know you and you don't know me yet you call me a hater."

At this point, it appears that Schlereth launched into a multi-tweet monologue, which we've pieced together below.

"Understand I don't dislike you, I do however dislike some of your actions," Schlereth said. "This game is the ultimate team game, it takes unity to win championships something I do know about. If you're willing to humble yourself for your team you will be exalted.

"In theory it sounds easy, in practice it's extremely hard. 53 that care more about each other than themselves can't lose.

"Nothing would be better for me to see you grasp that concept and lead your team to greatness. I would be the captian of your bandwagon! I would lead the charge! The question is are you willing to make that kind of sacrifice?

"Have you ever loved the game and the men you play with so much that your willing to check yourself out of the hospital the morning after surgery and drive yourself to the stadium and line up with your team? See, I have and that's what give me authority to call out anyone who is putting themself above the team! I wish you health, happiness, and success!"