We all know Chad has lost his mind...

The biggest thing about Chad (and this is good and bad) is that I believe that Chad has been and still can be one of the best WR's in the league. I believe in his capability and talent when focused on being the best at the position. However, I HATE the fact that he's not a good leader on the team and isn't a mentor for the young guys coming up. I mean what a wasted opportunity to have one of the best WR's of the past 6 years (minus last year) and not help the new guys. I'm sorry, but showing up and having people watch isn't what I'm talking about. It's just disappointing.

LOL @ this thread.

Nice job, Chad. :sure:

I know it's funny right? These clowns will hate on anything Chad does... I love it. Seriously some of you guys really should get a life.

Let me ask you a couple of questions, Greenie. Did you ever dismiss the flags Chad drew after a TD celebration as exactly the type of buzz the Bengals needed? And did you consistently dismiss the risk associated with Chad's zany CB list? Granted, the man took the time to have it laminated, but quality issues aside....wasn't that a very bad idea from the start? Next, did you laugh out loud when you heard he had sent a case of Pepto to members of the Cleveburgh secondary? Because how could a media storm surrounding a practical joke made at the expense of others ever make anyone mad, right? And Greenie, have you ever defended that type of crap by claiming it was just Chad doing whatever he NEEDED to do to motivate himself? Or maybe you defended it as nothing more than more harmless fun from the NFL's favorite madcap prankster? And did you ever defend a Chad meltdown by claiming Chad was just being passionate?

The reason I'm asking is simple enough. You see, your boy Hoosier has done each of those things. And I'm guessing your track record in regards to all things Chad is even worse than his. So if neither of you sees the potential for harm on this one, well....I've got one more question for you.

When have you EVER seen the harm in Chad's actions? And no, hindsight doesn't count.

Just saying.....

:lol:

Yes, I probably did everyone of those things.. especially defending the meltdown claiming he was passionate. It's true he is the most passionate player on our team. He wants to WIN. He wants to WIN now.

You put a team around Palmer and Chad, get some guys in here that aren't a bunch of backups and these two (Palmer and 85) will lead our team. Just look at 2005 and say I'm full of s**t. Chad and Palmer own those DB's. That's why he created the list. That's why he sent the pepto. Because he can. Because he needs that motivation. He can't be gaurded when a) his QB has protection, B ) his QB is healthy and can deliver a ball, and c) his QB's name isn't Fitssuckass!

LOL @ this thread.

Nice job, Chad. :sure:

I know it's funny right? These clowns will hate on anything Chad does... I love it. Seriously some of you guys really should get a life.

Let me ask you a couple of questions, Greenie. Did you ever dismiss the flags Chad drew after a TD celebration as exactly the type of buzz the Bengals needed? And did you consistently dismiss the risk associated with Chad's zany CB list? Granted, the man took the time to have it laminated, but quality issues aside....wasn't that a very bad idea from the start? Next, did you laugh out loud when you heard he had sent a case of Pepto to members of the Cleveburgh secondary? Because how could a media storm surrounding a practical joke made at the expense of others ever make anyone mad, right? And Greenie, have you ever defended that type of crap by claiming it was just Chad doing whatever he NEEDED to do to motivate himself? Or maybe you defended it as nothing more than more harmless fun from the NFL's favorite madcap prankster? And did you ever defend a Chad meltdown by claiming Chad was just being passionate?

The reason I'm asking is simple enough. You see, your boy Hoosier has done each of those things. And I'm guessing your track record in regards to all things Chad is even worse than his. So if neither of you sees the potential for harm on this one, well....I've got one more question for you.

When have you EVER seen the harm in Chad's actions? And no, hindsight doesn't count.

Just saying.....

:lol:

Yes, I probably did everyone of those things.. especially defending the meltdown claiming he was passionate. It's true he is the most passionate player on our team. He wants to WIN. He wants to WIN now.

You put a team around Palmer and Chad, get some guys in here that aren't a bunch of backups and these two (Palmer and 85) will lead our team. Just look at 2005 and say I'm full of s**t. Chad and Palmer own those DB's. That's why he created the list. That's why he sent the pepto. Because he can. Because he needs that motivation. He can't be gaurded when a) his QB has protection, B ) his QB is healthy and can deliver a ball, and c) his QB's name isn't Fitssuckass!

You know, I have no clue why you would mention the Pepto incident to support any of your arguments...ever. It was an idiotic thing to do from its inception...THEN tack on the fact that he had a mere 3 catches for 37 yards and no scores in that game.

I would never say he's the most passionate player on the team. Most immature, sure. Most melodramatic, uh huh. Maybe even most purely athletic, when his head's in the game. Passion isn't defined as who screams the most/causes the most commotion. I think Odell Thurman had passion for the game. He just couldn't stay in it long enough to tap that. I think 2005 Carson had passion for the game, and I hope to see that back this year. Who knows? Rey Rey could be most passionate on this year's team. Roy Williams has the passion to jack people up. Even Chris Henry has shown more on field passion at this point.

And I'm glad to see Fredo wants to win NOW, since by his own admission, he didn't really care if he won last year.

I really don't think stats are actually the best example of what Chad does for this team. WHEN CHAD IS FOCUSED, he has always been the person that gets doubled and allows the other players to get their shots. I think he's a HUGE part of the reason TJ was as good as he was and IF FOCUSED, the reason Coles will have one of his best seasons. A good example of what I'm talking about can be taken from the very season AGreen speaks of in 2005. There were 9 games that season where Chad had 5 or fewer receptions. Only half the games that season did he score a TD and 4 of those games resulted in 55 yards or fewer. However, yardage wise, he had his best season.

If Chad is ready to go in that mold of things to make his team better, it should prove to be a good year for the whole team.

D*mn, that sounded like a pro-Chad post right there...

I really don't think stats are actually the best example of what Chad does for this team. WHEN CHAD IS FOCUSED, he has always been the person that gets doubled and allows the other players to get their shots. I think he's a HUGE part of the reason TJ was as good as he was and IF FOCUSED, the reason Coles will have one of his best seasons. A good example of what I'm talking about can be taken from the very season AGreen speaks of in 2005. There were 9 games that season where Chad had 5 or fewer receptions. Only half the games that season did he score a TD and 4 of those games resulted in 55 yards or fewer. However, yardage wise, he had his best season.

If Chad is ready to go in that mold of things to make his team better, it should prove to be a good year for the whole team.

I agree in general principle that the stats don't mean that much given the intangibles you cite. However, Fredo makes it a game of stats when touting his yardage numbers and when coming up with lists and pepto bismol, etc. You just cannot send the secondary pepto, make the statements Fredo make prior to game, and hit 3 for 37.

Keep in mind, in that game, the Bengals passed for a mere 131 yards and one touchdown. Fredo had 37 yards, leaving 94 for the rest of the team AND TJ didn't make any catches that game. I know he played, but I don't know why he didn't get any touches. The whole double-team Fredo and open the rest of the field didn't pan out there. The Browns finished that year 25th in pass defense and allowed 176.5 yards per game in the air. It would seem statistically that Fredo's antics elevated the play of the Browns that day.

In fact, here are the receiving stats for that game:

C. Johnson 3 37 0 18

K. Watson 5 28 0 9

C. Russell 1 21 0 21

K. Washington 2 18 0 10

M. Schobel 3 17 1 8

T. Stewart 2 12 0 8

C. Perry 1 9 0 9

J. Johnson 2 6 0 3

R. Johnson 1 0 0 0

Doesn't look like the antics opened the field for anyone.

Oh don't get me wrong Greg, I'm not advocating the antics whatsoever. I'm merely pointing out that "most of the time" Chad will provide what it was I spoke of when he is a focused player. I will also stand on my statement that him being on the field does in fact make the other players better. I just wish he could find a way to teach the youngsters more instead of being a show to them.

Oh don't get me wrong Greg, I'm not advocating the antics whatsoever. I'm merely pointing out that "most of the time" Chad will provide what it was I spoke of when he is a focused player. I will also stand on my statement that him being on the field does in fact make the other players better. I just wish he could find a way to teach the youngsters more instead of being a show to them.

And I agree with all of that. Chad's presence does make other opportunities for other players. I can't wait to see if TJ is truly a number one guy in Seattle. I'm betting not. He'll do ok, but he's no Chad or Andre Johnson.

What my primary issues are with Fredo involves the antics. The antics shake his teammates' trust in him and give opposing defenses incentive to play over their skill levels. The antics distract him from route running and holding on to the ball. Didn't need the list. Didn't need the Pepto. Didn't need the highly publicized jabberjawing with D'Angelo Hall. 2007 was a relatively antic-free season for Fredo, except the HOF jacket crap, and he put up good numbers and allowed TJ to put up good numbers. The team had other issues that kept it from being a ontender, but not really Fredo related.

If he can mature past the antics, and at his age and experience level we shouldn't even need to have this conversation, he should have a good season. It wouldn't surprise me to see Pro Bowl numbers. He should also allow Coles to have a good season. He should also allow Henry to have a good season. If he's in the game, head-wise, we'll have a good offense. Defense is looking pretty good, we should manage at least a wild-card shot.

And I already know the response. Chad isn't Chad without the antics. Change Chad, and he's not the same player. Hold him down and he doesn't do as well. I don't buy into that, though. Marvin Harrison is one of, if not the best receiver of the past decade and he never opened his trap. If Chad can play ball, he can play. The Twitter stuff doesn't really bother me, until it carries on the field.

Someone?

I think you have a pretty good idea who will doctor that spin....

There are a few here that will run with the whole "passionate" spin on this. I will quickly call BULLSH*T and will contend that it is in fact possible to have passion without being a total f*ckrag about it. Once again, it's pointless...

Now you're starting to get it.. I can't always spell it all out for ya guys. It's all common sense stuff.. no opinions.

Chad makes everyone around him better. Carson makes everyone around him better. Chris Henry had his best season in '05 when Chad and Palmer were money. TJ had a GREAT season too. Chad draws so much attention it's ridiculous. For christs sake, look at this thread!! Imagine how much attention they'll be paying to him on the field if he's in as good of shape as he says he is.. If Palmer is healthy and he has protection Chad will make a huge impact whether the stats say so or not!!

What's pointless is you guys busting Chad's balls for the list.. That's pointless. Let Chad be Chad. It's fun. It's exciting. And at the end of the day, IT'S JUST A GAME.. This is something you're taught at the lowest level of any sport. Have fun. But you should know that right TJ ;)

Now you're starting to get it.. I can't always spell it all out for ya guys. It's all common sense stuff.. no opinions.

Chad makes everyone around him better. Carson makes everyone around him better. Chris Henry had his best season in '05 when Chad and Palmer were money. TJ had a GREAT season too. Chad draws so much attention it's ridiculous. For christs sake, look at this thread!! Imagine how much attention they'll be paying to him on the field if he's in as good of shape as he says he is.. If Palmer is healthy and he has protection Chad will make a huge impact whether the stats say so or not!!

What's pointless is you guys busting Chad's balls for the list.. That's pointless. Let Chad be Chad. It's fun. It's exciting. And at the end of the day, IT'S JUST A GAME.. This is something you're taught at the lowest level of any sport. Have fun. But you should know that right TJ ;)

It's not just a game anymore when you're getting paid a ridiculous amount of money to play it. It's about winning in the NFL and lately he's been a hindrance to it. I used to think his antics were funny when we were winning and before he turned into a jackass. Well, we're not winning anymore and the way he tanked last season is still fresh in my mind. It's time to man up and play to win, and hopefully that's what his goal is this year.

You seriously make my head hurt. I'm done on the Fredo topic. Thanks for playing.

I'm not "starting to get it" in the least. I've always known (as many here have and will admit) that Chad makes the other players better. The key to that is, WHEN FOCUSED. It was by his own admission he wasn't focused last year and handled everything wrong the previous offseason, so I'll take your "let Chad be Chad" comment to mean you concede he has been a complete peniswart since the last offseason at least.

Why is it pointless busting his balls for the list ?? The list serves no viable purpose for him to play WR in the NFL. It does however give the opposition a reason to up their game, which has proven to NOT be a good thing for Chad, unless he somehow can't remember that vicious hit he took (I think he does). It paints him to be an arrogant prick that has said all he's doing is focusing on football. He's lying again and to no purpose. So give me your reasons for thinking the list actually serves a purpose for Chad. If you say motivation, then I will gladly volunteer to be the person to come down to the stadium and slap the sh*t out of him before the game to get him good and pissed off.

I'm not "starting to get it" in the least. I've always known (as many here have and will admit) that Chad makes the other players better. The key to that is, WHEN FOCUSED. It was by his own admission he wasn't focused last year and handled everything wrong the previous offseason, so I'll take your "let Chad be Chad" comment to mean you concede he has been a complete peniswart since the last offseason at least.

Why is it pointless busting his balls for the list ?? The list serves no viable purpose for him to play WR in the NFL. It does however give the opposition a reason to up their game, which has proven to NOT be a good thing for Chad, unless he somehow can't remember that vicious hit he took (I think he does). It paints him to be an arrogant prick that has said all he's doing is focusing on football. He's lying again and to no purpose. So give me your reasons for thinking the list actually serves a purpose for Chad. If you say motivation, then I will gladly volunteer to be the person to come down to the stadium and slap the sh*t out of him before the game to get him good and pissed off.

That's funny, lmao. Can this season get here any sooner? I want you to be the first one to jump back on Chad's jock. You will cheer for 85 Army, trust me. I gaurantee it!!

Agreen, out.

That's funny, lmao. Can this season get here any sooner? I want you to be the first one to jump back on Chad's jock. You will cheer for 85 Army, trust me. I gaurantee it!!

wot 'e sed.

I don't think there's room on Chad's jock with you two all over it. That having been said, I sincerely hope that he returns to Pro-Bowl form, but I doubt many people will be "back" on his bandwagon. He spent all the goodwill he's ever earned in this city last year with his trade demands and tanking the season.

Got it, no reason for why he needs the list. Noted.

In regards to back on Chad's jock, that ended over two seasons ago. As a matter of fact the EXACT time was the Monday Night Football game against the Pats. It probably should have happened sooner, but I happen to be sitting 12 rows up from the Bengals sideline for that game and could HEAR Chad going off on Carson for the world to see on National television. It was rediculous. It was at that point I was ABSOLUTELY DONE with being his personal fan.

I will root for him to do well and look for him to have a very good year, but still think he's a douche. Besides, you guys seem to have his jock covered nicely. I still love you though agreen...

Got it, no reason for why he needs the list. Noted.

In regards to back on Chad's jock, that ended over two seasons ago. As a matter of fact the EXACT time was the Monday Night Football game against the Pats. It probably should have happened sooner, but I happen to be sitting 12 rows up from the Bengals sideline for that game and could HEAR Chad going off on Carson for the world to see on National television. It was rediculous. It was at that point I was ABSOLUTELY DONE with being his personal fan.

I will root for him to do well and look for him to have a very good year, but still think he's a douche. Besides, you guys seem to have his jock covered nicely. I still love you though agreen...

It's all love army...

The list is fun. Chad makes the game fun. Really that's all it's about. No one hates Chad in the league for the list. So why should we hate on him for the list? I really don't see any major problems with it.

I don't know about you, but I want a guy on my team who thinks he is the absolute best player out there. I want a guy that takes pride in that and if it's a list that he wants to keep track of his success then I can handle that.

Chad thinks he can't be stopped, that's a good thing. You and me both know that Chad isn't going to defeat everyone on that list, but he doesn't think that way. All he's thinking about is how he's going to get off on these CB's each and every week.

The only problem I see (the list will add to this) is that Chad also doesn't take embarrassment very well. With the list, he will feel compelled to do great every game. If we come out one week and #9 get's no protection and can't get Chad the ball, Chad will implode and get frusterated (which we've seen a dozen times).. Again, I wouldn't blame him for it because protecting the freaking QB is number 1!

There's nothing more frustrating than running a perfect route, sitting open wide in space, and watching the QB get sacked. That's where football back ground comes into play guys. If you played the game you would be able to spot this frusteration in Chad the last few years. I'm not saying that's where all of it is coming from, it's a bunch of other things too, but it's a big part of Chad's general attitude.

We "hate on him" for the list, because it's self serving and as a guy who's been in the league with the success he has had, he shouldn't need those types of antics to motivate him. I love that Chad thinks he's the best player out there as confidence is very important, I have no issues with that. Chad didn't have any problems with the embarrassment of last season week after week that I can recall and as a matter of fact, he seemed to embrace it. It wasn't until after the Bengals had some good free agent pickups, good draft, and the claim of Carson being back 100% for this upcoming season that Chad finally wanted to take responsibility for what he did since the last offseason.

I think his reasons for taking responsibility at this point in time as opposed to (I don't know) when it was going on is suspect at best. I don't blame him for wanting to win. I bet his desire to win is no more than any other player on that team because it's not those guys want to go out there and lose. You have to be the professional when things like last year happen and if Chad implodes on Carson again this year due to what Chad thinks should happen, I hope the fans boo the living sh*t out of him...

Once again, I'm looking for and hoping for Chad to have a good season. Only for the teams sake, not Chad's...