Bernard Scott

TJJackson

So says the man with a naked child in a tub as his avatar :-)

Ya'all are killin me :-)

No, that's actually me....in a quieter moment. (After all, isn't that how you visualize me now? Be honest -- I won't tell B-dog.)

Dude...you look like mama slipped some 'Jack' in your sippy cup. What the heck?

:lol:

Your point. And, those in glass houses and all....

So says the man with a naked child in a tub as his avatar :-)

Ya'all are killin me :-)

No, that's actually me....in a quieter moment. (After all, isn't that how you visualize me now? Be honest -- I won't tell B-dog.)

Dude...you look like mama slipped some 'Jack' in your sippy cup. What the heck?

Your point. And, those in glass houses and all....

Yeah, I know. That picture that Renee Zellwiger, I mean TJ, likes to flash of me, mama slipped me something good too.

Dayton Daily News also heaps on some love

http://www.daytondailynews.com/dayton-spor...als-172321.html

"The Bengals went into this year's draft in search of a change-of-pace back to offset the bruising running style of starter Cedric Benson. To the surprise of most, the team drafted a little-known running back with a checkered past in Bernard Scott from Abilene Christian.

Apparently, the team did its homework because Scott was impressive in minicamp. He was quick, fast, elusive and possesses the ability to take it the distance. Scott made a number of nice cutback runs for big gains and was exciting to watch. He received a lot of reps, which means the team could have high expectations for the rookie. "

I was actually quite pissed when they took him.

I had read that he was a criminal type and thereafter basically dismissed him from consideration....I mean, The Bengals dont need any more of that type, you know?

I've had a complete reversal in my point of view since, obviously....

"And I...eeyie...eeyie...will always love you...oooh...oooh...o"

Rey Rey was at Kenwood Mall signing autographs last night (Monday)

I took a 15 minute walk through the mall tonight, followed by a 20 minute period of standing in line, and then

I looked him in the face

I shook his hand

I got his autograph on a ball.

Only his. I skipped Carson Palmer and Boomer Esiason because I just wanted a Rey Maualuga autographed ball. Yeah, I'm crazy :-) It's that "homicidal linebacker" fan in me.

I told him: "It is a great pleasure to meet you, Mr Maualuga - you're my favorite rookie and I am expecting BIG things from you this year"

He was very softly spoke, very humble, thanked me for the compliment, and smiled

I now look forward even more to seeing him take the field in 2009

(all apologies to TJ---:lol:)

Rey Rey was at Kenwood Mall signing autographs last night (Monday)

I took a 15 minute walk through the mall tonight, followed by a 20 minute period of standing in line, and then

I looked him in the face

I shook his hand

Only his. I skipped Carson Palmer and Boomer Esiason because I just wanted a Rey Maualuga autographed ball. Yeah, I'm crazy :-) It's that "homicidal linebacker" fan in me.

I told him: "It is a great pleasure to meet you, Mr Maualuga - you're my favorite rookie and I am expecting BIG things from you this year"

He was very softly spoke, very humble, thanked me for the compliment, and smiled

(all apologies to TJ---:lol:)

*Alternate version*

I looked him in the face

I shook his hand

Only his. I skipped Carson Palmer, Sam Wyche, Anthony Munoz, Ken Anderson and Boomer Esiason because I just wanted a Rey Maualuga autographed ball. Yeah, I'm crazy :-) It's that "homicidal linebacker" fan in me.

I told him: "It is a great pleasure to meet you, Mr Maualuga--you're hurting my hand by the way-- you're my favorite rookie and I am expecting BIG things from you this year--unless you hold out because you think you should get first round money or get your jaw broken by Hines Ward"

He was very softly spoke, very humble, and asked me why I was going all girlie on him--I believe he called it 'The TJ'

I told him he had me at hello and broke out into, "And I...eeyie...eeyie...will always love you...ooh...ooh...o"

(again all apologies to TJ :lol:)

This is from the new piece from Hobson about Scott and the RB's. With the line of thought being they only carry 3 RB's, I still think it's Benson, Leonard, and Scott.

Kenny Watson's days as a Bengal are finished. Can Dorsey and Johnson go back to the practice squad ??

As for the running backs, I can't see them keeping four and going light somewhere else on offense. They've got to keep at least nine offensive linemen. The additions of Ben Utecht and Chase Coffman the past two offseasons show more of a commitment to tight ends, so they have to keep three of those, and they need six wide receivers. So they'll most likely continue to keep three backs to go with the one fullback.

Bernard Scot, the sixth-rounder from Abilene Christian, isn't that small. He's 5-10, 200 pounds, the same specs as Tiki Barber. And last year's Rookie of the Year, Titans running back Chris Johnson, is 5-11, 200 and carried it 251 times. Scott is certainly big enough to start his career as at least a complementary speed back. And, yes, it is Division II and junior college, but from what we can gather he has carried the ball more than 700 times the past three years and hasn't been hurt.

They do need a bell cow behind No. 1 Cedric Benson with the leading candidate 225-pounder Brian Leonard because of his track record. They've left the impression they don't think Kenny Watson is a bell cow because they've never used him that way over an extended period despite some big games. DeDe Dorsey and James Johnson are other 200-pounders.

I think Scott has to make it, or they lose him on waivers. Plus, they've been craving for that fast change-of-pace guy ever since Chris Perry flashed what could be done with it in '05. So it comes down to who backs up Benson.

http://www.bengals.com/news/hobson-online/...40-8a99e599cfa7

:-)

Niiiiiice

Just be sure you are typing

"And I...eeyie...eeyie...will always love you...oooh...oooh...o"

that whole damn thing out manually every single time, buddy - no cut and paste for you! :-)

I must confess to writing those rather late last night. I'm laying off for good. Promise.

...for my part, I am 100% certain I'll never make reference again to a certain nigh-legendary byline headshot

Never ever

I promise

Never again

Yep

You can count on me :-)

It actually doesn't bother me. It tells me you guys care. :)

Of course, some of you guys care a little too much, but...

Have I mentioned that Bernard twitters?

Yup

/>http://twitter.com/BernardScott28

Good to see a Bengal RB with that number again - one interested in playing rather than flipping hamburgers

Cool...someone else for me to twitter-stalk for the blog! Thanks for the tip.

this is a whole new layer of media, maybe i could twitter about what you report about bernard's twitter.

:o