Hard Knocks Trailer-Starring Chadetta

icehole3

There's no doubt that the fans want to see a hungry Chad show up "READY TO PLAY". The question still looms out there ominously of how is that going to happen when he hasn't had the chance to work on his timing with Palmer in two seasons time and hasn't bothered showing up to learn how the new plays are going to be ran. Honestly (no hate intended) I think he's putting himself at a disadvantage. If he should show up and digest it all very quickly and make Palmer forget that the other guys showed up early to train, then everyone benefits. I'm thinking all we are going to get initially is Chad showing off his abs to the camera. Hope I'm wrong.

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We all know that Chad could be a little crazy. But He has been with the team for nine years now, and if he is hungry again, like he says he is, then theres no doubt in my mind that he will have a great year. He Knows the playbook inside and out. Mini camps are for rookies and for guys just trying to make the team. I got a feeling Chad is gonna produce this year.

It's been said many times this offseason by Brat and Marvin that the playbook has changed. So he definately needs to be here.

When did Ocho Noshow say he was hungry? I must have missed that. Aside from that, if he's REALLY hungry and wanted to win games, he'd be with the team right now doing what he can to me himself AND his team better.

Chad had his best years here when he came to minicamps and all the OTA's. I don't think that's a coincidence.

There's no doubt that the fans want to see a hungry Chad show up "READY TO PLAY". The question still looms out there ominously of how is that going to happen when he hasn't had the chance to work on his timing with Palmer in two seasons time and hasn't bothered showing up to learn how the new plays are going to be ran. Honestly (no hate intended) I think he's putting himself at a disadvantage. If he should show up and digest it all very quickly and make Palmer forget that the other guys showed up early to train, then everyone benefits. I'm thinking all we are going to get initially is Chad showing off his abs to the camera. Hope I'm wrong.

You've conjured up images of TO doing the sit-ups in the driveway and riding the stationary bike with his helmet on. How did those work out?

Yeah... it's a good point. Although, I never recall any actual flags, but only fines. Had there been flags, I think I would have been worked up and pissed that Chad put himself before the team.

You're right, there weren't alot of flags thrown. But there were a few, and it bugged me how Chad kept taking the risk even after Lewis asked him to stop. Coupled with Chad's refusal to drop his "Who can't cover 85?" list we were seeing near weekly examples of Lewis attempting to control Chad without really confronting him. The end result was twofold. First, it served as a very public demonstration of Chad being handled far differently than all other players, and it's never good when a team whispers about there being two sets of rules. Finally, with each undisciplined act being tolerated there began the slow but steady erosion of Marvin Lewis's stature that continues to this very day.

His more recent stuff... pretty damn hard to ignore.

I'd say it's impossible to ignore....but I'm always wrong about that. Because no matter how bad it's been there have always been people willing to defend Chad's behavior. Or rather, there will always be people who attempt to tweak the argument to such a point that someone else is blamed for Chad's actions. In their eyes all we Chad Haters are doing is punishing the monkey while letting the organ grinder go free.

Boxing is no joke and Chad is training in one of THE best gyms in the world. I trained for three years (that was the best shape of my life) here in Fairfield. Manny's guys are hardcore. Chad is definitely in good hands guys. That's why he said so confidently:

"When I get back... Words can not describe the type of shape I'm in right now. Words can't describe the type of season I'm gonna have."

Thats exactly what the f**k I've been saying but you guys don't wanna hear it.. Thanks Chad.

I don't know about you but I got my popcorn ready.. This is gonna be a great season (unless Palmer goes down) and a great few weeks of HBO!!

Honestly I don't really care anymore if he gets back to producing the way he did prior to the '08 season, because that has never been the real issue. If he had been putting up numbers like he did last year all along, he would have been cut long ago... because no one could attempt to excuse the distraction he's been for so little production.

The complaint against Chad is that he's a me-first prima donna who doesn't care about his teammates and isn't helping the team succeed - because ultimately all he wants is to be in the spotlight. None of that has changed this offseason, and I find it interesting that you use T.O.'s popcorn line in reference to him because it's such an apt comparison.

Boxing is no joke and Chad is training in one of THE best gyms in the world. I trained for three years (that was the best shape of my life) here in Fairfield. Manny's guys are hardcore. Chad is definitely in good hands guys. That's why he said so confidently:

"When I get back... Words can not describe the type of shape I'm in right now. Words can't describe the type of season I'm gonna have."

Thats exactly what the f**k I've been saying but you guys don't wanna hear it.. Thanks Chad.

I don't know about you but I got my popcorn ready.. This is gonna be a great season (unless Palmer goes down) and a great few weeks of HBO!!

I've heard this record before. From both Fredo and you.

I don't want to draw out this debate any further. I've put all the facts out there. I've stated my reasons. I genuinely hope you are right about the whole thing. Honestly. On that, you and I can agree.

Facts huh? That's funny. No offense, but all I've seen is your opinions which I feel do not deserve a response...

I'm fired up to see a video like this.. That's the Chad I want to see and hear from. Hungry.

Wha...wha...what???

HIS lack of blocking is my opinion?

HIS drops are my opinion?

HIS blowing routes are my opinion?

Hello, McFly??!! (as greg taps greenie on the head ala Biff)

HIS lack of blocking is my opinion? - YES. The truth is that he is not good at blocking. So by calling it a "lack" is your opinion.

HIS drops are my opinion? - YES. My opinion on his drops stem from a few different factors. Bad balls, bad timing, etc.

HIS blowing routes are my opinion? - Again, YES. Every player makes mistakes.

Agreed with everything that freaky lookin dude above said....and.......I'll add that while Chad working himself into tip top physical shape (if one believes he is doing so) is a good thing....however.....getting his timing down with Carson and working on his hands and blocking and absorbing the new playbook would be a much, much better thing.

Oh, and btw - he promised shortly after the Superbowl that he'd be at every OTA, so he is comfortable with lying whenever it suits his purpose. I don't believe him now that he's in shape. Come to OTA and prove you are Chad. As Marvin says, I see better than I hear......

Also, ridiculous lines like "I could get open even if I had no legs" don't exactly give me that happy feeling inside that Chad has grasped something resembling reality.....

Finally, I'm still waiting for the link to back up this claim of yours:

Chad's working his ass off. He's running 4 40 yard dashes back to back in under 4.5... But yeah, at his age, me must've lost a step.

Look it up yourself.. Its on another thread. Army back up the same thing I said after you asked me for the link. I figured you read what he posted. It's here, no need to post another link.

Chad is in great shape, I can't wait to see him "show off the product."

HIS lack of blocking is my opinion? - YES. The truth is that he is not good at blocking. So by calling it a "lack" is your opinion.

HIS drops are my opinion? - YES. My opinion on his drops stem from a few different factors. Bad balls, bad timing, etc.

Actually none of those are opinions. The only opinions being spouted in this post is your opinion to make excuses for what are undeniable facts.

But whatever... do what you like man.

I've heard this record before. From both Fredo and you.

I don't want to draw out this debate any further. I've put all the facts out there. I've stated my reasons. I genuinely hope you are right about the whole thing. Honestly. On that, you and I can agree.

Facts huh? That's funny. No offense, but all I've seen is your opinions which I feel do not deserve a response...

I'm fired up to see a video like this.. That's the Chad I want to see and hear from. Hungry.

Wha...wha...what???

HIS lack of blocking is my opinion?

HIS drops are my opinion?

HIS blowing routes are my opinion?

You have, surprisingly, left me speechless.

You guys can go back and forth all day about whether the criticisms directed at Chad are mere opinions or undeniable facts, but the best evidence for it being the latter comes from Chad himself. Because while he hasn't said very much of late the things he does say just so happen to respond directly to the negative things said about him.

For example, if you happen to think Chad has become a lazy route runner then he's got a message for you. He's going to be like a robot WR set on remote control. And if you think he's dropped way too many passes recently then he's got a little something for you to. That being, boxing improves hand eye coordination. And for those of us who think Chad's miserable performance last season wasn't due to injury, but rather because he didn't lift a finger preparing during the last offseason, well he's got good news for us. He's got the hunger back, and he's in the best shape of his life. And finally, if you think you deserve an apology from Chad due to the way he's acted then sleep well tonight because the new Chad is not only in the mood to apologize he's actually promising to be more like the old Chad.

Add it all up and you get all of the confirmation you'd ever need about how Chad tanked last season along with a smattering of hope that things might be different going forward. so decide for yourself what that means to you. As for me I'm still standing firmly in the f**k Chad Camp, but I can easily admit I've got my fingers crossed hoping Chad still has enough pride left to turn his career around.

I've tried to understand how boxing training transfers to improvement in football. I just don't see it. Maybe the cardio will help.

But all that time in the ring learning footwork is useless. Agreen, you trained in boxing, all that lateral movement footwork you learned, how can that transfer to the skills a receiver needs? A receiver needs to accelerate and cut at full speed. You're never running full speed or anything close to it in a boxing ring.

In fact, train enough at boxing and I'll wager you'll lose speed. Your glutes and quads are staying in nearly the same position the whole time you are boxing. Completely opposite of running, where you are stretching those out when you are running full speed.

Maybe Chad will be able to use his new skills to fight through corners who are trying to jam him at the line.

Also, Freddy Roach's gym? Since Manny Pacquiao trains there it is undoubtedly media central, naturally Chad just happens to turn up there.

I'm rooting for Chad to have a good season because I love the Bengals, but this kind of stuff is not encouraging. The dude doesn't think outside the box, he decorates the box with glitter and a feather boa, then hovers around it wearing a tin foil hat, waiting for anyone with a camera and a microphone to show up.

It's not like he's training for a heavyweight bout. Yes that would make him slower.. He's using boxing as another form of training on top of whatever else he's doing.

It's an AWESOME cardio workout. That's why so many celebrities pay to train with professional boxing coaches/trainers.

His agility and awareness will improve. Really it all depends on how seriously he is taking it. I think it's mostly for cardio. Chad can already run all day, but this will drastically improve his stamina. He'll be at a stamina level higher than ever before.

His hand speed will improve. Again, he can beat corners off the jam all day, but this will give him another angle to work with.

If he's sparring, his chin will improve.

The footwork is the most important. It will make him lighter on his feet. Chad's route running is unbelievalbe. Anyone who truly knows what to look for when judging how a player runs routes would agree with me 110%. Chad will excel out of his turns faster, and SHARPER.

I hope that answers your question Central as to how these skills will transfer to a WR.. Too much training at any one type of movement can be bad. That's why it's great to be diverse. WR's have done everything from Karate to Ballet. Why not boxing?

You guys can go back and forth all day about whether the criticisms directed at Chad are mere opinions or undeniable facts, but the best evidence for it being the latter comes from Chad himself. Because while he hasn't said very much of late the things he does say just so happen to respond directly to the negative things said about him.

For example, if you happen to think Chad has become a lazy route runner then he's got a message for you. He's going to be like a robot WR set on remote control. And if you think he's dropped way too many passes recently then he's got a little something for you to. That being, boxing improves hand eye coordination. And for those of us who think Chad's miserable performance last season wasn't due to injury, but rather because he didn't lift a finger preparing during the last offseason, well he's got good news for us. He's got the hunger back, and he's in the best shape of his life. And finally, if you think you deserve an apology from Chad due to the way he's acted then sleep well tonight because the new Chad is not only in the mood to apologize he's actually promising to be more like the old Chad.

Add it all up and you get all of the confirmation you'd ever need about how Chad tanked last season along with a smattering of hope that things might be different going forward. so decide for yourself what that means to you. As for me I'm still standing firmly in the f**k Chad Camp, but I can easily admit I've got my fingers crossed hoping Chad still has enough pride left to turn his career around.

Respect.

Army back up the same thing I said after you asked me for the link

No, he didn't

You aren't backing it up with an external source because you can't - because you make sh1t up and call it a fact just like your bed-buddy Ocho NoShow does.

Period.

Here ya go clown...

"And Palmer might be happy with what he sees. According to Geoff Hobson of Bengals.com, Ochocinco is in his best shape since 2005, up 18 pounds from last year’s 178 and running four sub-4.5 40-yard dashes in two-minute intervals."

And yes Army did back it up.. Go back and read everyone's post. I know you love me, but I'm not the only poster here. There's a lot of other posts to read.

He's using boxing as another form of training on top of whatever else he's doing.

It's an AWESOME cardio workout. That's why so many celebrities pay to train with professional boxing coaches/trainers.

His agility and awareness will improve. Really it all depends on how seriously he is taking it. I think it's mostly for cardio. Chad can already run all day, but this will drastically improve his stamina. He'll be at a stamina level higher than ever before.

His hand speed will improve. Again, he can beat corners off the jam all day, but this will give him another angle to work with.

If he's sparring, his chin will improve.

The footwork is the most important. It will make him lighter on his feet. Chad's route running is unbelievalbe. Anyone who truly knows what to look for when judging how a player runs routes would agree with me 110%. Chad will excel out of his turns faster, and SHARPER.

I hope that answers your question Central as to how these skills will transfer to a WR.. Too much training at any one type of movement can be bad. That's why it's great to be diverse. WR's have done everything from Karate to Ballet. Why not boxing?

Wow

Just imagine if he'd go practice, oh I don't know, what kind of practice would relate to football.....

Oh!

I know!

Football practice!

Yeah, imagine freakin that.

Practice what he is paid a flaming fortune to be good at, what a concept.

Maybe then his football skills would improve

Moron

I pray he gets his gold toofus knocked clean out of him during boxing practice.

Chad's route running is unbelievalbe. Anyone who truly knows what to look for when judging how a player runs routes would agree with me 110%.

you're right he's probably one of the best route runners in the game but it doesn't matter if he runs the wrong route, as he so often did last year

• 2 weeks later...

Bumping this one to give example of what some had alluded to earlier in regards to how the coaches will react to the cameras during camp.

http://www.bengals.com/news/article-1/educ...5b-7146edd4760a

What Alexander does know is that the omnipresent cameras of HBO and NFL Films for Hard Knocks are going to be there and he's got some worries.

"I'm concerned I'm going to be limited the way I coach in front of a camera," Alexander said. "When the camera is running, they're not going to see the real thing because I believe my relationship with players is confidential. There's a trust that a player and coach has with the words they use. When there are moments that have to get real and personal, I'll throw a towel over the camera."