Hard Knocks Trailer-Starring Chadetta

icehole3

Well, as a vocal Chad hater, I wonder where the loyalty his fans show comes from.

I was as big a Chad fan as anyone back in '05, and even forgave his locker-room indiscretion and was a Chad fan in '06 as well. He lost me in '07 when his was more of a distraction that his positive contribution seemed worth in my mind. But admittedly, he still produced, so that is merely my opinion.

However, he then became a "me-first" type player. The incredible work ethic he previously had gave way in favor of his desire to make everything about him. I shouldn't need to go into any type of detail about the '08 offseason or the '08 season itself... I just wonder in a league that so often asks "What have you done for me lately" where fans find their desire to defend him?

I can at least understand a T.O. fan. With him you know he's going to bring a certain amount of distraction, but some fans accept that and with it take his consistent production. With Chad, you can't even count on that anymore given his recent statements that he no longer has a competitive spirit, and last year's willingness to give up.

So... where does the love come from? Is it nothing but the potential that he brings? I agree that it seems unlikely that he has forgotten how to play. However, how much does he desire to be the best? Ever since he hired Rosenhaus it seems like he lost his love for the game, so I don't know what evidence I have to expect him to be a good teammate again.

Do I fault Rosenhaus as much as Chad? Maybe more... but Chad is the guy that plays the game. Chad is the guy that isn't working with the team right now. Chad is the guy who is doing his best to mirror the embarrassing season he had last year.

So to that I say:

F**k Chad

Chad had 1...I repeat 1 sub-par season, with 53 receptions for 540 yds. Quite honestly, those are not Terrible numbers, just less than what you would normally expect from him.

Anybody with half-a-brain, can understand that a receiver playing only 13 games with a bum shoulder, and a back-up QB who doesnt have the arm strength to get the ball even 15 yds downfield is going to equal an "off" year.

That said, a healthy Chad + a healthy Carson = HUGE #'s

So I say F**k Chad Haters, and F**k the '08 season. And F**k those who forgot '07 when he broke the franchise record (which he previous held) for receiving yds with 1440 to go along with 93 receptions. Aw what the hell F**k those who also forgot '03-'06 the 4 seasons in which he led his conference in receiving yds (only player EVER to do so).

HONESTLY, Do the math.......He had 1 "off" year, in which he was playing injured, and with NO QB.

Its impossible to say anything regarding a decline in skills. If the guy was healthy and had several bad seasons, Okay, but he's 2 seasons removed from a 1,440 yd 93 reception season.

On a side note: Who doesnt think Chad will have a Pro-Bowl season what with his name change, and desire to move Ochocinco Jersey's?

SCOREBOARD

Chad making the pro bowl rides solely on Palmer. If Palmer stays healthy and has the protection he needs, #85 will be in the Pro Bowl.

Too simplistic. Many other things go into this equation. If the Bengals stay on the ground more, that reduces Fredo's catch opportunities. If his shoulder isn't completely healed, that cuts into the equation. If he grows a set and isn't afraid to take hits in the middle, that factors in. If he lose the hands of stone and not drop so many, that plays into it.

All kidding aside, I obviously don't like the guy. I don't like his attitude or work ethic. I do think he has a poisonous personality. I do think he CAN have a good season. I HOPE he has a good season. For the team, I'm rooting for that.

Just not optimistic until I see him on the field, which appears to be somewhere between training camp and mid-season.

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Like it or not (I don't) Chad will always be the story surrounding this team until the day he is no longer a part of it.

This whole thing may in fact be a distraction, but since it's about the team I follow and love, I will be looking forward to it.

Now I will just have to wait until August and call Direct TV threatening to switch and get HBO for free for a few months !!!

HAHA! I was thinking the exact same thing. I was thinking of calling DTV and threatening them that I was going to switch services and then try and get some free HBO for 2 months.

I wonder how many request from a 452** zip code they get before they catch on??!!!! :lmao:

See, I'm covered by being in South Dakota. Being here they will probably just say, "That poor f*ck lives in freakin' South Dakota, hurry up and give him his sh*t NOW !!!"

On the Chad note I will say that I'm truly about done with the back and forth on the guy. Here's my take at this point.

#1. I honestly think MOST fans (including me) WANT to see Chad have a great pro bowl type year.

#2. I honestly think MOST fans understand Fitzpatrick hurt his production last year.

#3. I honestly think MOST fans are forgiving and will welcome him back regardless of the bad sh*t he's said. (I'm not one of them)

The thing is, he was a greatly loved sports figure in the city and he took a sh*t on the fans and regardless if you want to believe it or not, HE DID. That's what rubs people the wrong way. While people can acknowledge he had a sh*t QB last year, there were the things in his control he didn't want to do. Block, not take plays off, not being a leader and so on.

I honestly don't believe people are just so all over this guy anymore. Maybe those people can't let go of what he use to do for this team and like being sh*t on. Once again, it's just not me. I'll be hoping he does well though because he's on the team. He's not the same Chad...

Well, as a vocal Chad hater, I wonder where the loyalty his fans show comes from.

I was as big a Chad fan as anyone back in '05, and even forgave his locker-room indiscretion and was a Chad fan in '06 as well. He lost me in '07 when his was more of a distraction that his positive contribution seemed worth in my mind. But admittedly, he still produced, so that is merely my opinion.

However, he then became a "me-first" type player. The incredible work ethic he previously had gave way in favor of his desire to make everything about him. I shouldn't need to go into any type of detail about the '08 offseason or the '08 season itself... I just wonder in a league that so often asks "What have you done for me lately" where fans find their desire to defend him?

I can at least understand a T.O. fan. With him you know he's going to bring a certain amount of distraction, but some fans accept that and with it take his consistent production. With Chad, you can't even count on that anymore given his recent statements that he no longer has a competitive spirit, and last year's willingness to give up.

So... where does the love come from? Is it nothing but the potential that he brings? I agree that it seems unlikely that he has forgotten how to play. However, how much does he desire to be the best? Ever since he hired Rosenhaus it seems like he lost his love for the game, so I don't know what evidence I have to expect him to be a good teammate again.

Do I fault Rosenhaus as much as Chad? Maybe more... but Chad is the guy that plays the game. Chad is the guy that isn't working with the team right now. Chad is the guy who is doing his best to mirror the embarrassing season he had last year.

So to that I say:

F**k Chad

Chad had 1...I repeat 1 sub-par season, with 53 receptions for 540 yds. Quite honestly, those are not Terrible numbers, just less than what you would normally expect from him.

Anybody with half-a-brain, can understand that a receiver playing only 13 games with a bum shoulder, and a back-up QB who doesnt have the arm strength to get the ball even 15 yds downfield is going to equal an "off" year.

So I say F**k Chad Haters, and F**k the '08 season. And F**k those who forgot '07 when he broke the franchise record (which he previous held) for receiving yds with 1440 to go along with 93 receptions. Aw what the hell F**k those who also forgot '03-'06 the 4 seasons in which he led his conference in receiving yds (only player EVER to do so).

HONESTLY, Do the math.......He had 1 "off" year, in which he was playing injured, and with NO QB.

Its impossible to say anything regarding a decline in skills. If the guy was healthy and had several bad seasons, Okay, but he's 2 seasons removed from a 1,440 yd 93 reception season.

On a side note: Who doesnt think Chad will have a Pro-Bowl season what with his name change, and desire to move Ochocinco Jersey's?

SCOREBOARD

Chad making the pro bowl rides solely on Palmer. If Palmer stays healthy and has the protection he needs, #85 will be in the Pro Bowl.

Too simplistic. Many other things go into this equation. If the Bengals stay on the ground more, that reduces Fredo's catch opportunities. If his shoulder isn't completely healed, that cuts into the equation. If he grows a set and isn't afraid to take hits in the middle, that factors in. If he lose the hands of stone and not drop so many, that plays into it.

All kidding aside, I obviously don't like the guy. I don't like his attitude or work ethic. I do think he has a poisonous personality. I do think he CAN have a good season. I HOPE he has a good season. For the team, I'm rooting for that.

Just not optimistic until I see him on the field, which appears to be somewhere between training camp and mid-season.

You're right, it is simple...

The Bengals stay on the ground more - Opens up the deep ball, Chad get's more yards. He still gets he catches because our offense is moving the ball consistently.

If his shoulder isn't completely healed, that cuts into the equation - The shoulder's fine.

If he grows a set and isn't afraid to take hits in the middle, that factors in - He's been taking hits all his life, he can handle it.

If he lose the hands of stone and not drop so many, that plays into it - Softest hands in the league. Hopefully Palmer has the protection he needs to find the time to deliver a solid ball.

It's not that your not optimistic, you know deep down in that Chad is money. You won't admit it because you hate him... Well guess what, he's not going anywhere so suck it up and get behind our players. Show a little support.

So to that I say:

F**k Chad

SCOREBOARD

The Bengals stay on the ground more - Opens up the deep ball, Chad get's more yards. He still gets he catches because our offense is moving the ball consistently.

If his shoulder isn't completely healed, that cuts into the equation - The shoulder's fine.

If he grows a set and isn't afraid to take hits in the middle, that factors in - He's been taking hits all his life, he can handle it.

If he lose the hands of stone and not drop so many, that plays into it - Softest hands in the league. Hopefully Palmer has the protection he needs to find the time to deliver a solid ball.

It's not that your not optimistic, you know deep down in that Chad is money. You won't admit it because you hate him... Well guess what, he's not going anywhere so suck it up and get behind our players. Show a little support.

Agreen, I really gotta know: Is there anything that Chad could do to get you off of his nuts?

So to that I say:

F**k Chad

SCOREBOARD

No, not simple.

Bengals stay on the ground more and it opens up Coles, Henry and Utecht. Fredo still gets double coverage because of his reputation. Plus, Palmer isn't exactly looking for excuses to try to force the ball to Fredo anymore.

He takes the hits, but doesn't catch the ball. He senses an open field hit coming and he focuses on that before the ball is in his hands, thus blowing the catch.

Softest hands in the league? Now I'm convinced this is just a case of mistaken identity.

And you don't even address his little issue with needing Mapquest to have any hope of finding the right routes.

I'll repeat, then end on this. I HOPE Fredo is money in 2009. I HOPE at the end of the season, you can rub my face in Fredo leading us to the Lombardi Trophy. I don't KNOW he's money. He friggin' better be.

f**k that and f**k you too.

In fact, f**k anyone who uses stats as a reason for NOT hating Chad. Because my Chad hatred isn't based in past or future production levels. Rather, it's based upon my being a Bengal fan forced to sit through and endure Chad's long history of unprofessionalism, brilliantly capped off by his 6 or 7 month long media meltdown last offseason, and the tiresome still ongoing pity party that quickly followed. Simply put, in a sporting world filled with divas that's still some pretty rare stuff, and if I choose to hate the guy most responsible for it then that's on him, not me.

So f**k Chad. I'll still throw my hands up and cheer after he scores, but make no mistake about it....I'm no longer cheering for Chad the person. Rather, I'm a Bengal fan and I'll not so proudly root for the laundry whenever I can't support the player wearing it.

As for the original topic of this thread, yeah.....I groaned a little when I watched the Hardknocks commercial and heard Chad's voice and image being the first featured. Because it demonstrates all too well who the media still considers to be the face of this franchise. And no, that's not going to change until even more people stop making excuses for Chad. So yeah, f**k them too.

In fact, f**k everyone who isn't me.

:lol:

In fact, f**k anyone who uses stats as a reason for NOT hating Chad. Because my Chad hatred isn't based in past or future production levels. Rather, it's based upon my being a Bengal fan forced to sit through and endure Chad's long history of unprofessionalism, brilliantly capped off by his 6 or 7 month long media meltdown last offseason, and the tiresome still ongoing pity party that quickly followed. Simply put, in a sporting world filled with divas that's still some pretty rare stuff, and if I choose to hate the guy most responsible for it then that's on him, not me.

So f**k Chad. I'll still throw my hands up and cheer after he scores, but make no mistake about it....I'm no longer cheering for Chad the person. Rather, I'm a Bengal fan and I'll not so proudly root for the laundry whenever I can't support the player wearing it.

As for the original topic of this thread, yeah.....I groaned a little when I watched the Hardknocks commercial and heard Chad's voice and image being the first featured. Because it demonstrates all too well who the media still considers to be the face of this franchise. And no, that's not going to change until even more people stop making excuses for Chad. So yeah, f**k them too.

To quote one of my favorite movies:

"Harumph".

What is with the blind "get behind our players" support ?? The fans are the ones who suffer when a player acts the way Chad has. THAT'S ALL OF US in case you weren't paying attention. He's NOT a leader, he's NOT the hard worker you sacksuckers remember from the past, and he's NOT going to lead this team anywhere. We've had one winning season with Chad on the field, ONE. Do you guys think it's impossible for us to win more than 8 games without him ??

You need not do anything but go back and listen to the trailer again and listen to what Chad says to Marvin.

"I want to be one of the gretest to ever play the game"

"But I wanna be better than Rice"

"Y'all got to help me"

Nothing but a whole bunch of "I's" and what he wants for HIMSELF. Here's an idea, why doesn't he help himself and not quit on plays and block for others the way he wants them to block for him ?? Desire to win ?? Only if it benefits him. No blind support for someone like that. F*ck that and f*ck Chad !!!

And there you go. That should cover it. I will, however, add two F's:

F**ck me for buying a CJ Jersey in 2005

F**ck me for buying my son a CJ Jersey in 2005

If not for my recent ShamWow purchase, they would be used for car washing duty...

I am beat down by this fool. I don't care if he catches 150 balls for 2K, he's a clown.....and he's played!

Chad is psychologically fragile. As long as the team relies on him, they'll never go anywhere.

He gives up on routes.

He runs the wrong route and blames the QB.

He gets alligator arms over the middle.

He drops too many balls.

He can't get yards after the catch.

He crumbles under pressure.

He refuses to block.

He puts himself before the team

Other than that, yeah, Chad's great. Just don't depend on him in crunch time.

So put me down as another who will only cheer for the stripes on him. I'd like the two firsts that the dipsh*t Redskins would have given last year.

What is with the blind "get behind our players" support ?? The fans are the ones who suffer when a player acts the way Chad has. THAT'S ALL OF US in case you weren't paying attention. He's NOT a leader, he's NOT the hard worker you sacksuckers remember from the past, and he's NOT going to lead this team anywhere. We've had one winning season with Chad on the field, ONE. Do you guys think it's impossible for us to win more than 8 games without him ??

You need not do anything but go back and listen to the trailer again and listen to what Chad says to Marvin.

"Y'all got to help me"

Nothing but a whole bunch of "I's" and what he wants for HIMSELF. Here's an idea, why doesn't he help himself and not quit on plays and block for others the way he wants them to block for him ?? Desire to win ?? Only if it benefits him. No blind support for someone like that. F*ck that and f*ck Chad !!!

Is it Chad's fault, really? Ask yourself. What would you do in his situation. Be vocal? Or sit back and be a little bitch and put up with all the losing? I'd say f**k losing, I want out. f**k a team that doesn't want to win. It is about me if I'm the only one that wants to speak up. f**k everyone, I'm out!! Just like Spikes. Just like Dillon. Just like Pickens..... MB has f**ked this team out of winning. Up until this season he hasn't done s**t but get lucky in the draft (CJ, Housh, Geathers, Peko, Whit...) and use his #1 pick on Carson Palmer. That's it. He hasn't done enough to bring in the talent needed to win the BIG games.

This is not a Chad issue. Yeah, he's acted like a baby. Yeah, he has been unprofessional. Blah, Blah, Blah... But again, I say, I DO NOT BLAME THE GUY. He's passionate. He wants to WIN. He's always wanted to win. If we didn't regress after '05, none of this happens and you all still love Chad.

And if you think for one minute that Chad has lost a step or that he can't catch a ball you are out of your f**king skull.

OchoCinco: "Yall got to help me."

M. Lewis: (Turning his back and walking away) "And we will..."

Sorry Chad, you're on your own my man... MB must be a genius

Is it Chad's fault, really? Ask yourself. What would you do in his situation. Be vocal? Or sit back and be a little bitch and put up with all the losing? I'd say f**k losing, I want out.

That's because you're a quitter, and that doesn't surprise me. It takes someone of stronger character to improve their own situation, acting like a man, as opposed to cutting and running. If he wanted out, he shouldn't have signed a contract extension.

f**k a team that doesn't want to win.

What team would that be? I'm pretty sure if you take a poll, every player on that team wants to win.

This is not a Chad issue. Yeah, he's acted like a baby. Yeah, he has been unprofessional. Blah, Blah, Blah... But again, I say, I DO NOT BLAME THE GUY. He's passionate. He wants to WIN. He's always wanted to win. If we didn't regress after '05, none of this happens and you all still love Chad.

Wrong. He wants attention more than he wants to win. He's a big reason why we regressed after '05. He continues to put himself before the team. Yes, I blame him for that.

And if you think for one minute that Chad has lost a step or that he can't catch a ball you are out of your f**king skull.

At his age, I guarantee you he's lost a step compared to what he was. Realities of getting old. I know his hands have always been suspect and they flat sucked last year. I know he's afraid to get hit, and won't block. As soon as he loses a little more speed he'll be useless, because he hasn't learned the skills that other older receivers have.

"Y'all got to help me"

Is it Chad's fault, really? Ask yourself. What would you do in his situation. Be vocal? Or sit back and be a little bitch and put up with all the losing? I'd say f**k losing, I want out. f**k a team that doesn't want to win. It is about me if I'm the only one that wants to speak up. f**k everyone, I'm out!! Just like Spikes. Just like Dillon. Just like Pickens..... MB has f**ked this team out of winning. Up until this season he hasn't done s**t but get lucky in the draft (CJ, Housh, Geathers, Peko, Whit...) and use his #1 pick on Carson Palmer. That's it. He hasn't done enough to bring in the talent needed to win the BIG games.

Here's the most disturbing part of your entire post. I blame ANYBODY that acts unprofessional. Be it a cop, doctor, lawyer, waitress...or friggin football player! What you just said is akin to a cop beating a confession out of a guy, 'but I don't blame him for being unprofessional because he wants the criminal to get punished'.

You can't give a guy a pass for being unprofessional because his ultimate goal may be right. The defense attorney may tell his guy to lie on the stand because he doesn't believe the guy did it. The prosecutor may hide evidence because he believes the guy did do it.

Both would be disbarred.

Is it Chad's fault, really? Ask yourself. What would you do in his situation. Be vocal? Or sit back and be a little bitch and put up with all the losing? I'd say f**k losing, I want out.

That's because you're a quitter, and that doesn't surprise me. It takes someone of stronger character to improve their own situation, acting like a man, as opposed to cutting and running. If he wanted out, he shouldn't have signed a contract extension.

Seconded without reserve

No it's not Chad's fault that this team loses more than it wins, but YES, he is a part of that losing. Can't deny that. It IS Chad's fault that he's been a whiny b*tch and turned off the fans of this team while expecting them to swallow all that sh*t. It IS his fault that he drops a buttload of passes. It IS his fault that he won't block although expecting others to block for him. It IS his fault that he's not a leader. So I guess YES, some of it IS his fault.

It's how you are vocal that defines you. If you speak up about the change that needs to be made and then do everything in your power to help in that matter, you are a leader, setting a positive example. If you go on national television and lie while bashing the organization and then follow that up with sh*t on the field, you are a sack of sh*t. I mentioned this in the Carson thread but it bears repeating here. Look at what his father figure and mentor had to say about him. It's time to go back to doing things the way he "USED" to do them. Before all the OchoVagino and other "CRAP". That's coming from Collins not a fan, but you expect the fans to have a better outlook ?? Seriously ??

Ok, if we didn't regress after '05 none of this happens huh ?? You mean Chad losing his mind, becoming a non factor in games, not setting the example for the young WR's of the team, not bothering to keep himself in shape, not preparing for games, not addressing injuries in time to NOT interfere with the season, and things like that ?? Yeah, you are right, if none of that happened, I would still love the sh*t out of Chad. However, that's not the case is it ?? And yet we are still expected to love the sh*t out of him ?? To that stupidity I say no.

Once again, I hope he does well and I hope what he's doing with Collins has him focused to come out and have a pro bowl season. I just don't care about him anymore and don't want him to be the distraction he has grown into.

Take what you want from what Marvin said to Chad, but Marvin has more than one person to consider on this team and that is what Chad fails to understand.

Seconded without reserve

'Give the governor a harumph.'

'Harumph!'

"Y'all got to help me"

Here's the most disturbing part of your entire post. I blame ANYBODY that acts unprofessional. Be it a cop, doctor, lawyer, waitress...or friggin football player! What you just said is akin to a cop beating a confession out of a guy, 'but I don't blame him for being unprofessional because he wants the criminal to get punished'.

You can't give a guy a pass for being unprofessional because his ultimate goal may be right. The defense attorney may tell his guy to lie on the stand because he doesn't believe the guy did it. The prosecutor may hide evidence because he believes the guy did do it.

Both would be disbarred.

Here we go... We're talking about FOOTBALL people. This doesn't relate to being a cop, doctor, lawyer, or a waitress.

I've never been a quitter in my whole life.. I play 'til the end. I've been on my own since I was 16 just so you know. I didn't have a daddy or mommy to hand me everything that I've worked so hard for. So if you guys wanna call me a quitter, you obviously don't know me. Yeah, I'm going through a rough time but I know that I'll bounce back.

MB doesn't want to win.. He wants to run a profitable business by any means. The Bengals are his company and he's been doing it for a couple decades "successfully." Our players want to win, MB could care less.

DC blames Chad now for the reason why we've regressed since '05. LMAO.

And another thing DC, Chad's working his ass off. He's running 4 40 yard dashes back to back in under 4.5... But yeah, at his age, me must've lost a step.

All I can do is laugh at some of the nonsense you guys come up with..

All I can do is laugh at some of the nonsense you guys come up with..

Right back at ya.

Here's what you fail to understand. A real professional (AKA Carson Palmer) does everything he can to make his team a winner. He doesn't cry to the media about losing, and nobody wanting to win. He's on the team. The only thing make him a winner is him. He has to put in the time, have the right attitude, and play like he's part of the team.

He hasn't done that in a long time. It's been all about him. Him getting the ball. Him getting his catches. He rarely blocks for anyone else on HIS team.

You say you're not a quitter, but if you condone Chad's action by saying you'd be doing the same thing in his shoes then you ARE a quitter.