Roy Williams looking good?

Still being optimistic about the signing, because of past coverage problems, likes what he brings from a physical standpoint, so hope that he is doing better with coverage, training camp and PS will be the first true test...

How about we line up some of the chad bashers across from Roy and let him knock the crap out of them? I'm sure he'd love to do that.

Ok ?? And why would he love to knock the crap out of people who only want to see the team (that he is a part of) succeed and view Chad as something that could keep that from happening ??

I know its the "in" thing to bash Chad, but I honestly believe he'll have a BIG year. I can put up with his antics if they translate to big #'s.

BTW interesting stat---The Bengals have 2 receivers with over 600 career receptions, and 2 of the top 45 in receptions in NFL History. #41 Coles (631) and #45 Ochocinco (612).

I know its the "in" thing to bash Chad, but I honestly believe he'll have a BIG year. I can put up with his antics if they translate to big #'s.

BTW interesting stat---The Bengals have 2 receivers with over 600 career receptions, and 2 of the top 45 in receptions in NFL History. #41 Coles (631) and #45 Ochocinco (612).

I don't know about the 'in' thing, it's a matter of telling the truth. Every criticism is the truth. He is a distracting turd who drops passes, runs the wrong routes, doesn't block and whines like my six year old daughter.

Do I 'hope' he'll have a big year? For the team? Sure. Do I believe he will? Nope. He's gotta prove it to me.

I don't know about the 'in' thing, it's a matter of telling the truth. Every criticism is the truth. He is a distracting turd who drops passes, runs the wrong routes, doesn't block and whines like my six year old daughter.

Do I 'hope' he'll have a big year? For the team? Sure. Do I believe he will? Nope. He's gotta prove it to me.

Chad doesn't have to prove a damn thing to you. Your opinion of Chad has no impact on this team whatsoever and has nothing to do with the success we willhave this year.

Chad has to prove something to you? Or else what? You crack me up, man.

If Chad ends this season hoisting the Lombardi Trophy and winning the Superbowl MVP, I seriously doubt he's going to be thinking to himself, "Damn, I just wish I could have proven myself to that greg dude that posts on that bengals message board!"

really your 6 year old daughter whines that badly? hope she will not keep like that until she is 30's like chad ;)

Chad doesn't have to prove a damn thing to you. Your opinion of Chad has no impact on this team whatsoever and has nothing to do with the success we willhave this year.

Chad has to prove something to you? Or else what? You crack me up, man.

If Chad ends this season hoisting the Lombardi Trophy and winning the Superbowl MVP, I seriously doubt he's going to be thinking to himself, "Damn, I just wish I could have proven myself to that greg dude that posts on that bengals message board!"

Ok, I'll type this slowly so you get it all.

The post I responded to, you said you believe Fredo will have a big year. I said I hope he does, but I don't believe he will. He's gotta prove it to me, as in I'll believe he'll have a big year when he's had one and I see it.

And you're right. Fredo doesn't have to prove squat to me or any other fan that pays his overblown salary through ticket sales, tv revenues, or merchandising. I'm just a peon. I'm glad you and Fredo recognize that. I'm just a tool to him. He's just a tool to me. I pay his bills, he makes the plays. Where this is breaking down is that I, and all you other fans out there, are still paying his bills, but he's not making the plays anymore. So, I feel I got a right to gripe. You don't like it, don't read.

Nor will my opinion of Fredo have any impact on the team. However, I'm not sure the same can be said of the Carson Palmers of the team that appear to be as tired of Fredo's act as I and others on here.

All of that said, you also have nothing to do with the success 'we' will have this season either. You're one of those homer marks that believe you can say 'we' as if you are somehow part of the 53 man roster. I have nothing to do with the success they will have. Neither do you.

So, lighten up, Francis.

chad ocho cinco will have a monster season, watch out.

You, Pong, and Agreen must all be sharing the same hallucinogens.

I must be trippin' a bit myself, for I too think with Carson given time in the pocket, Chad could again be finding the end zone on a regular basis.

chad ocho cinco will have a monster season, watch out.

You, Pong, and Agreen must all be sharing the same hallucinogens.

I must be trippin' a bit myself, for I too think with Carson given time in the pocket, Chad could again be finding the end zone on a regular basis.

We need a little over/under action for Fredo yards and touchdowns. I'll set the over/under at 5.5 for tds, and go under, while setting the yards at 1000.5 and again go under.

http://www.examiner.com/examiner/x-7774-Ci...r-coverage-bust

I think this is reason to continue to be optimistic this year. I like Williams' attitude. He may want to talk to Fredo.

I am very optimistic about Roy Williams, I'm hoping that he will garner us some turnovers. Not too optimistic about Chad Johnson, I'm pretty sure that Carson does not like the person that Chad has unmasked himself to be and I think that will carry over on the field of play. I know I sound like a broken record but I think this season will be lost with that group of running backs that we have on the roster, I have zero confidence in that group of backs. Sorry Greg for getting off the topic but that running back situation is destroying all my optimism for this season.

this could be one of the better RB groups we've had in the last few seasons...

Cedric Benson: 4th overall pick, Doak Walker award winner, HS and college standout. his numbers last year would've made him a 1000-yard rusher if he'd been with us a whole season.

Brian Leonard: 2nd round pick, Heisman trophy candidate. great combination of size, speed and power, and he can block and catch well.

Bernard Scott: huge upside. has issues, but is lightning quick and slippery. also catches well.

Fui Vakapuna: very similar to his cousin Tahi (whom we pursued in FA). "modern" fullback who can carry the ball as well.

Chris Pressley: old-school lead blocker. big and strong. academic standout.

Cedric Benson: 4th overall pick, Doak Walker award winner, HS and college standout. his numbers last year would've made him a 1000-yard rusher if he'd been with us a whole season.

Brian Leonard: 2nd round pick, Heisman trophy candidate. great combination of size, speed and power, and he can block and catch well.

Bernard Scott: huge upside. has issues, but is lightning quick and slippery. also catches well.

Fui Vakapuna: very similar to his cousin Tahi (whom we pursued in FA). "modern" fullback who can carry the ball as well.

Indeed if they can stay happy I'm happy going in to the season with these 5 backs.

Indeed if they can stay happy I'm happy going in to the season with these 5 backs.

I like Ced, but are we convinced he's the answer? He was unemployed the first quarter of last season and was fighting for his NFL life in '08. Will going from 450K to 3.5 million have an effect in his play and desire, from a player who had a questionable attitude on the game (by most accounts), prior to last season?

I'm really hoping that Ced is one of the keys to the offense, but I'm also hoping that Bernard Scott can prove to be the something close to the next Marshall Faulk. Otherwise, we're looking at a 1st round RB next year, without a doubt.

I like Marvin and Jim Anderson, but next year will say something about at least one of them if we are still unable to effectively run the football in our division.

I like Ced, but are we convinced he's the answer? He was unemployed the first quarter of last season and was fighting for his NFL life in '08. Will going from 450K to 3.5 million have an effect in his play and desire, from a player who had a questionable attitude on the game (by most accounts), prior to last season?

I'm really hoping that Ced is one of the keys to the offense, but I'm also hoping that Bernard Scott can prove to be the something close to the next Marshall Faulk. Otherwise, we're looking at a 1st round RB next year, without a doubt.

I like Marvin and Jim Anderson, but next year will say something about at least one of them if we are still unable to effectively run the football in our division.

I have a good deal of confidence in Benson for the '09 season, but don't think he's the long term answer. I'm betting the Bengals let him walk when his contract expires. Which is also fine by me. Use him as the bellcow for the next season or two, and when that's over, the tread on his tires will be fairly worn down, and it will be time for a draft pick to come in and do the job. Seems like a sound strategy to me... granted the Bengals are able to actually draft a RB that can be an everydown back.

I have a good deal of confidence in Benson for the '09 season, but don't think he's the long term answer. I'm betting the Bengals let him walk when his contract expires. Which is also fine by me. Use him as the bellcow for the next season or two, and when that's over, the tread on his tires will be fairly worn down, and it will be time for a draft pick to come in and do the job. Seems like a sound strategy to me... granted the Bengals are able to actually draft a RB that can be an everydown back.

Ced could be the difference between 5 wins and 9 wins next season. The Bengals could have easily been a 2-14 team, had Perry, Watson or JJ Johnson been called to carry the load with our issues on the OL and QB last season, not even counting the injuries with Chad and Housh at WR.

I'm not sure that Scott will ever be a #1 RB, but I think he'll surprise a lot of people this year. At the minimum, we should be able to get the same kind of production from him that Kenny Irons was supposed to bring, who was a high second round pick only a few years ago. It's an added bonus if Scott can at least be average returning kicks.

Leonard is a huge X-factor. I still am a bit leary on him as a 2nd round pick that the Rams were willing to part with for a stopgap, backup DT.

Marlon Lucky always reminded me of a poor man's, Indianapolis version of Edge. I'd love to see him win one of the spots, assuming he's not Chris Perry Pt. 2.

In a nutshell, we either have a pretty good or pretty bad stable of RBs. The 2nd and 3rd RBs on the depth chart will have more of a say in the matter than Cedric Benson will, though.

In the tranformation of our RBs from this time last year as Rudi and Perry are both gone and Watson looks to be on his way out, do you guys think the Perry was one of the all-time Bengals busts or just another former Bengal who was severely bitten by the injury bug?

I think this thread is close to setting a record for how many different times it can be highjacked in different directions...

In order to encompass all topics discussed, I think Roy Williams WILL in fact help this defense regardless of the current knocks against him.

I think Chad has all the chances in the world to have a great year, but think he's a douche, blowing that chance, and has nothing to do with being the "in" thing.

The running backs we have in camp should produce an improved running game and Andre Smith on the right side, improves the chances of that happening.

I think this thread is close to setting a record for how many different times it can be highjacked in different directions...

In order to encompass all topics discussed, I think Roy Williams WILL in fact help this defense regardless of the current knocks against him.

I think Chad has all the chances in the world to have a great year, but think he's a douche, blowing that chance, and has nothing to do with being the "in" thing.

The running backs we have in camp should produce an improved running game and Andre Smith on the right side, improves the chances of that happening.

Ditto.