Bengals To Announce “Major Development” For 2009 Preseason

MARVIN=W'S

I look forward to seeing it....if I can find it available on something besides HBO >_<

Chad will be fired up, though. If there's one thing guaranteed to get him into camp and busting his hump, it's big-time TV coverage.

True Facts.

C'mon Kaz, we're all hoping it a fact, but until the season begins, we're all guessing on everything about this team.

You want a true fact? OK, here's one: this offseason, billy has chosen to p*ss in every bowl of Cheerios he can find. :lol: Seriously dude, lighten up. It's not the '90s.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I look forward to seeing it....if I can find it available on something besides HBO >_<

Chad will be fired up, though. If there's one thing guaranteed to get him into camp and busting his hump, it's big-time TV coverage.

True Facts.

C'mon Kaz, we're all hoping it a fact, but until the season begins, we're all guessing on everything about this team.

You want a true fact? OK, here's one: this offseason, billy has chosen to p*ss in every bowl of Cheerios he can find. :lol: Seriously dude, lighten up. It's not the '90s.

I get what you're saying Dave, and I fully realize I'm not the biggest optimist here, but you have to see this from my point of view. I've seen big moves and (alleged) great drafts many times before. All that has landed the Bengals since 1988 is one single post season game. I'm simply not sold on the '90's being over when Mike Brown who lead then, is still leading now.

Short and sweet, a deep playoff run this season will be the only thing to change my perspective about Cincinnati.

True Facts.

I get what you're saying Dave, and I fully realize I'm not the biggest optimist here, but you have to see this from my point of view. I've seen big moves and (alleged) great drafts many times before. All that has landed the Bengals since 1988 is one single post season game. I'm simply not sold on the '90's being over when Mike Brown who lead then, is still leading now.

Short and sweet, a deep playoff run this season will be the only thing to change my perspective about Cincinnati.

Happened for the Cardinals! ^_^ but then again they play the Rams,Seahawks & 49ers twice a year >_<

There was a line about this on the official site and one of the players thought it would be cool for the fans to be able to see what they have to go through during the camps and everything. If for no one else, this should prove entertaining for Bengals fans. Everyone else ?? Not so much...

Oh, no. This would be big for preseason, as it would guarantee a full training camp participation for Andre, something the Bengals hardly ever get out of their first round picks.

While factually correct, I'm certain they'd sell the earliest signing of their 1st round pick (save Palmer) more aggressively than that. You'd make a bigger deal about it, since nobody gives a sh*t about the preseason. That's why I'm convinced the announcement is about something confined to the preseason alone, which probably limits it to Hard Knocks. Looks like the case, if Hobson is to be believed.

actually, army, previous editions of hard knocks have been pretty damn entertaining, even though they were not about the bengals. It's a well produced documentary.

Oh, I've seen it and agree it's a good show, but will also admit that it was not as enjoyable when it was a team I really had neither a like or dislike for in the Chiefs. That's why I made the comment about it not being real popular outside of Bengaldom. I could very well be wrong, but I'll just be happy with getting the chance to see the organization from a different perspective than the norm. I think that's the real draw for me. Something out of the ordinary.

i've got to agree with you, greg. one of the biggest problems the post 2005 bengals had was believing their own hype. i think marvin even addressed this issue publicly. this "hard knocks" thing seems like a step in the wrong direction to me. yeah it'll be great to get a behind the scenes look at our beloved franchise, but at what cost? I don't think going hollywood is good for the mental state of the 2009 bengals, who need to be focused on winning football games not posing for the cameras.

by the way do you live in portland?

i've got to agree with you, greg. one of the biggest problems the post 2005 bengals had was believing their own hype. i think marvin even addressed this issue publicly. this "hard knocks" thing seems like a step in the wrong direction to me. yeah it'll be great to get a behind the scenes look at our beloved franchise, but at what cost? I don't think going hollywood is good for the mental state of the 2009 bengals, who need to be focused on winning football games not posing for the cameras.

by the way do you live in portland?

Appreciate the read and the comments. No, I've been a Cincy guy all my life. Let me know if some guy out there is coping my i.d., though (poor guy)!

"Mike Brown is a terrific man."

A loveable Mikey? My oh my, this whole Hard Knocks things will be fun...:lol:

I'm actually going to get hbo for a couple months so I can watch it.

The other line from that Dallas News article that caught my eye was, "and it will be interesting to hear the internal meetings involving the coaches and the Brown family".

Yes, that would be interesting. But I have no faith that we'll see anything like that. One thing Mike and Marvin share, and probably reinforce in each other, is a distrust of and reluctance to talk to, the media.

I foresee the following - (Brady Bunch-like wavy screen oscillates and fades to PBS locker room)

Ben Utecht - (stilted monotone voice) - "I love playing for Mike Brown, he's like a father to me."

Jonathon Joseph - (more stilted monotone voice than Utecht's) - "Yes, it is great. I sometimes find myself wanting to call him 'Dad'".

Chris Henry - (regular voice) "That's why I always call him motherf**ker, I think that old bastard might actually be my dad!"

/Loud guffaws and laughter from off-camera/

Director - (screaming) "Cut!! Get Henry the hell out of here. For the last time, keep Chris Henry the hell off my set. Work with me people!"

actually, army, previous editions of hard knocks have been pretty damn entertaining, even though they were not about the bengals. It's a well produced documentary.

Indeed i've enjoyed the other ones.

Two each his own. I couldn't find much interesting in the Chiefs. The Cowboys aren't doing that much for me either. That's just me...

"Mike Brown is a terrific man."

A loveable Mikey? My oh my, this whole Hard Knocks things will be fun...:lol:

I'm actually going to get hbo for a couple months so I can watch it.

The other line from that Dallas News article that caught my eye was, "and it will be interesting to hear the internal meetings involving the coaches and the Brown family".

Yes, that would be interesting. But I have no faith that we'll see anything like that. One thing Mike and Marvin share, and probably reinforce in each other, is a distrust of and reluctance to talk to, the media.

I foresee the following - (Brady Bunch-like wavy screen oscillates and fades to PBS locker room)

Ben Utecht - (stilted monotone voice) - "I love playing for Mike Brown, he's like a father to me."

Jonathon Joseph - (more stilted monotone voice than Utecht's) - "Yes, it is great. I sometimes find myself wanting to call him 'Dad'".

Chris Henry - (regular voice) "That's why I always call him motherf**ker, I think that old bastard might actually be my dad!"

/Loud guffaws and laughter from off-camera/

Director - (screaming) "Cut!! Get Henry the hell out of here. For the last time, keep Chris Henry the hell off my set. Work with me people!"

hahahahaha

One thing Mike and Marvin share, and probably reinforce in each other, is a distrust of and reluctance to talk to, the media.

To a certain extent. They've always been receptive to the national media. It's the local dinks like Chick and Doc they treat like crap.