If you want to rah-rah...

I agree that Center is not something that can be immediately solved.

So why, oh why, do you keep complaining that they haven't solved it immediately. By drafting somebody, they are attempting to solve it long-term. If it can't be solved "immediately" then it can only be solved over time. If that's what they're trying to do what is the big hullabaloo??

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So why, oh why, do you keep complaining that they haven't solved it immediately. By drafting somebody, they are attempting to solve it long-term. If it can't be solved "immediately" then it can only be solved over time. If that's what they're trying to do what is the big hullabaloo??

But they didn't sign Jason Brown, which is apparently what our armchair GM, Bearcat, managed to pull off when playing Madden.

As for the needless complaining, if you check out some of the other threads you can see how Bearcat called one of the best Bengal drafts ever a...."recipe for disaster"

2005 was 4 years ago.

"I see better than I hear." -Marvin Lewis

2005 was ancient history and therefore not worthy of consideration?

That's funny, because you sure mention the losing records that came before 2005 an awful lot.

Nope. But the 4 that came after 2005 are certainly applicable.

Nice try though.

I was counting this season. And only a Bengal homer would point out the difference between a losing season and a "non-winning" season. Sad.

No, what's sad is you counting the 2009 season as a losing season before it even started.

Sadder still is you being called on the carpet with your bulls**t, and finding you in a near sprint as you backpedal.

You were wrong. There weren't 4 losing seasons. There were 2. The more you try to cover your tracks, the stupider you look.

i thought this was supposed to be a bearcatless thread. . .

Pathetic, isn't it?

Let's see if I understand what has happened here.

1)Bearcat thinks that anyone who believes the Bengals are improved is a homer.

2)He intends to let everyone know this by taking a s**t in every thread on the forum.

3)People get sick of it and ask him to shut the hell up.

4)He recommends a special thread be made for "homerism" so he can't be criticized for being a douchebox.

5)The thread is created.

6)He can't help himself and takes a big fat s**t in the very thread he recommended be created for his own benefit.

Priceless.

Pathetic, isn't it?

2)He intends to let everyone know this by taking a s**t in every thread on the forum.

4)He recommends a special thread be made for "homerism" so he can't be criticized for being a douchebox.

5)The thread is created.

6)He can't help himself and takes a big fat s**t in the very thread he recommended be created for his own benefit.

Priceless.

That's about as far from the truth as you can possibly get.

Laughable.

Pathetic, isn't it?

5)The thread is created.

Priceless.

Laughable.

Actually, I think he nailed it exactly. You called for this thread so folks could post positive stuff without being molested by the likes of you. Then you just couldn't help yourself. Unmentioned, uninvited, unprovoked in any way, you dove in and pwned everyone.

Pathetic, isn't it?

5)The thread is created.

Priceless.

Laughable.

How so?

Have you not been accused by numerous posters that you do nothing but whine, bitch, and complain?

Was it not you who suggested the creation of a thread entitled "If you want to rah-rah... do it here" so identical debates wouldn't trickle into every single thread?

And yet... don't I see you here muddying up the "rah-rah' thread? Was it not you who decided to start an unprovoked bitching session about the mysterious 4 losing seasons taking place in less than 3 years?

But I'm as far from the truth as I can possibly get.

2005 was 4 years ago.

That's funny, because you sure mention the losing records that came before 2005 an awful lot.

Nice try though.

Thanks, I'll try harder this time.

Like your claim that you don't mention the losing records that came before 2005? A sore spot with me because I have an acquaintence that, like you, shoves that record in my face all the time. He's a Steeler fan. Like yourself. So, let's review a few posts written by you, the guy who doesn't mention those inapplicable losing years before 1985:

May 11 - "The Bengals have had 1 winning season and 17 losing seasons in the past 18 years"

May 1 - "1 Winning season in 18 years. Is that being glass half empty, or is that just telling it like it is?"

April 29 - "hell, we've only had a winning record once, in the PAST 18 YEARS. And nothing has changed"

Feb. 19 - "The Bengals have had 1 winning season in now 19 years."

Dec. 1 - "shame on them if they fool you once, shame on you if they fool you 18 times"

Jan. 13 - "But when you have 1 winning season in 18, with no plans to change, no one wants to play for you."

Jan. 13 - "Is Mike Brown to blame for the 1 winning season in 18 ineptitude?"

Jan. 6 - "one winning season in 18 years with no playoff wins and no plans for change."

May 6 - "You mean that 1 season in 18 where the Bengals actually had a winning record and made the playoffs? THAT season?"

Jan. 24 - "You are aware that the Bengals have made just one playoff appearance and have had just one winning record in the past 18 soon to be 19 years, right?"

Jan. 23 - "quite clear that the Bengals will continue their 20 year streak of ineptitude."

Jan. 26 - "Yep. That's 18 "they sucks" and 1 "they're great for a change, I hope they keep it up" which they didn't, but who is counting... "

Only a Steeler fan would take such pleasure in gloating over the Bengals bad record. Just admit it, you love the Steelers, and hate the Bengals so much you wish they didn't even exist.

2005 was 4 years ago.

Nice try though.

Like your claim that you don't mention the losing records that came before 2005? A sore spot with me because I have an acquaintence that, like you, shoves that record in my face all the time. He's a Steeler fan. Like yourself. So, let's review a few posts written by you, the guy who doesn't mention those inapplicable losing years before 1985:

May 11 - "The Bengals have had 1 winning season and 17 losing seasons in the past 18 years"

May 1 - "1 Winning season in 18 years. Is that being glass half empty, or is that just telling it like it is?"

April 29 - "hell, we've only had a winning record once, in the PAST 18 YEARS. And nothing has changed"

Dec. 1 - "shame on them if they fool you once, shame on you if they fool you 18 times"

Jan. 13 - "But when you have 1 winning season in 18, with no plans to change, no one wants to play for you."

Jan. 6 - "one winning season in 18 years with no playoff wins and no plans for change."

May 6 - "You mean that 1 season in 18 where the Bengals actually had a winning record and made the playoffs? THAT season?"

Jan. 24 - "You are aware that the Bengals have made just one playoff appearance and have had just one winning record in the past 18 soon to be 19 years, right?"

Jan. 23 - "quite clear that the Bengals will continue their 20 year streak of ineptitude."

Jan. 26 - "Yep. That's 18 "they sucks" and 1 "they're great for a change, I hope they keep it up" which they didn't, but who is counting... "

Only a Steeler fan would take such pleasure in gloating over the Bengals bad record. Just admit it, you love the Steelers, and hate the Bengals so much you wish they didn't even exist.

Wow...that is some homework there, COB. Frankly, wouldn't have put that much energy into him myself, but nice job.

2005 was 4 years ago.

Nice try though.

Wow...that is some homework there, COB. Frankly, wouldn't have put that much energy into him myself, but nice job.

Yeah. That's the funny thing. He's always asking for proof that he's a liar. Well... most of us (at least Hair and myself) are unwilling to go back through all his ridiculous posts and point them out. Bearcat is simply too stupid to be worth that kind of effort. He knows he's a liar. Most of us know he's a liar, so what's the point in proving what most of us already know.

I do appreciate the effort though COB. It's far more work than I've been willing to do while debating this clown... but you laid it out there in black and white. A bold faced lie.

The fun part comes with his next post. The few times I have bothered to show his lies in black and white, he does a lot of hilarious backpedaling. I'm going to wake up in the morning to find him pedaling some s**t like... "I was talking about the next 18 seasons. I count all the seasons between now and 2023 as losing seasons."

But that's what I like about Bearcat. He has always managed to do a humorous and entertaining job of explaining to us that he is not a liar, but simply a moron.

What choice did I have, he kept pwning me. Ever been pwned Greg? It's not a pretty situation.

I confess I don't believe I've been pwned yet. Anyone know exactly what that means btw?

I confess I don't believe I've been pwned yet. Anyone know exactly what that means btw?

Here's how it goes down. You post something on a message board. Then a guy who's smarter than you says you're wrong, then after he says that he says, "You've just been pwned!" Then, you know, depression sets in.

Here's how it goes down. You post something on a message board. Then a guy who's smarter than you says you're wrong, then after he says that he says, "You've just been pwned!" Then, you know, depression sets in.

:lol:

This is plain and simple, my favorite post of the entire day.

Nicely done COB!

:lol:

This is plain and simple, my favorite post of the entire day.

Nicely done COB!

I admit to having been ed-u-ma-cated. Thanks, COB!

The thing that gets me pumped up about the future is that we don't have a single player on defense except Dhani Jones over the age of 30, these guy can be good and good for a very long time. On our offensive Line, the only guy over 30 is Bobbie Williams and lets face it RG is the easiest position to replace on offense. We have a young QB and young skill position players except 85, Coles, and Kelly (who I think has played his last game for the Bengals). Lots of talent that is young and under contract can only bode well.

Oh and BTW Fraternal Twins can be of different sexes since they are fertilized from two eggs and two sperm, my daughters are fraternal twins and are no more geneticly simililar than any other sisters and I have friends that are twins and different sexes.

What choice did I have, he kept pwning me. Ever been pwned Greg? It's not a pretty situation.

I found the whole pwning experience very liberating, and under no circumstances was I willing to scroll back through the archives to find proof of something I already knew. Simply put, I don't do requests and I definately won't respond to demands. That said, I deeply respect the sacrifice COB has made.

Just wait until the day you get pwn3d. You'll be a broken man COB. Nothing but a husk that reeks of shame and failure.

Just wait until the day you get pwn3d. You'll be a broken man COB. Nothing but a husk that reeks of shame and failure.

Not to mention that it probably comes with a cute picture of somebody taking a kick to the balls or something like that. Damn, I'm glad I didn't mess with that guy! We're all hoping for a quick recovery COB. Good luck man!

Not to mention that it probably comes with a cute picture of somebody taking a kick to the balls or something like that. Damn, I'm glad I didn't mess with that guy! We're all hoping for a quick recovery COB. Good luck man!

If you're lucky. If you cross paths with a real savage bastard, you get the foot in the face of the baby pic.

/vomits