Peter King's Power Rankings for 2009

ArmyBengal

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2009/writ...ay11/index.html

Bears at #4 and Bengals at #28. WTF ??

Makes no sense, but this is Peter King...

28. Cincinnati

I find myself liking what the Bengals have done in the offseason, with the exception of not re-signing a sure 100-catch guy in T.J. Houshmandzadeh. And though they're going to have strong personalities handle the likes of Tank Johnson and Andre Smith, both should make this team more competitive. Love the Rey Maualuga pick; he'll be a gem, even if he comes off the field on third down. I'd probably have them in the seven-win range if I trusted Carson Palmer to come back at his peak from elbow injury, because Cincinnati will have to score a lot of points to win.

He always has a bug up his a$$ with the Bengals. I still thing someone must have did something to him in his days in Cincy. Brady's knee was tore to shreds, and of course thats fine. Palmer's injury that required no surgery will keep the Bengals down, so disregard the fact that I loved their draft, and I like the trade for Leonard. The fact is they still have stripes and will suck. I don't like him.

I'm totally fine with Peter Queen continuing to discount the Bengals. I believe this jackass picked the Jags to win it all at the begining of the year last year? He has zero credability in my eyes, but I still think his monday morning QB article is a good read.

This guy is a freaking idiot. He ranked the Bears ahead of the Colts. You don't rate a team ahead of someone who has 12 game seasons six years running. The rankings should be Pitt, Indy, then Philly. Once Brady comes back and is not injured then you can raise them. They didn't even make the damn playoffs last season and they are number 1? DUMB

This guy is a freaking idiot. He ranked the Bears ahead of the Colts. You don't rate a team ahead of someone who has 12 game seasons six years running. The rankings should be Pitt, Indy, then Philly. Once Brady comes back and is not injured then you can raise them. They didn't even make the damn playoffs last season and they are number 1? DUMB

Don't tell "membengal" that, he's quoting him to back up his arguments. Peter King always uses his biggest man crush of the week to pick his list. I get a big kick out of listening to STEVE CZABAN on Fox Sports talk about what an idiot Peter King is and how he should be writing for readers digest instead of a reputable sports site.

Feel free to read my take on it, as I go contra King and inject facts into the argument:

http://www.examiner.com/x-7774-Cincinnati-...ses-them-anyway

Nice. Tho under his 10 things he pulls out of his ample a$$, he does say he liked the leonard trade, too.

So, basically, if the Bengals do well, he can say, I told you they had a great offseason. And if they stink, he can say, I told you they'd stink. :rolleyes:

The suggestion that the Bengals "are going to have to score a lot of point to win" made much more sense in 2006, 2007 and 2008 than it appears to make right now. It is legitimate to have concerns about Carson's productivity, but to salute improvements on defense and then say the above is counter-intuitive. And, of course, King will always find something to bitch about with the Bengals because, like most sports writers, he superimposes his likes and dislikes too much. Whatever -- it's all fair game in a career where you get to issue "power rankings" every week which pretty much show how your prior week's rankings were wrong.

Feel free to read my take on it, as I go contra King and inject facts into the argument:

http://www.examiner.com/x-7774-Cincinnati-...ses-them-anyway

Nice. Tho under his 10 things he pulls out of his ample a$$, he does say he liked the leonard trade, too.

So, basically, if the Bengals do well, he can say, I told you they had a great offseason. And if they stink, he can say, I told you they'd stink. :rolleyes:

Hmm...good catch. I read the ranking blurb and didn't do the top ten. Of course, liking that transaction as well makes the ranking EVEN LESS SENSICAL. King won't give us props even if we win the Big One.

Don't tell "membengal" that, he's quoting him to back up his arguments. Peter King always uses his biggest man crush of the week to pick his list. I get a big kick out of listening to STEVE CZABAN on Fox Sports talk about what an idiot Peter King is and how he should be writing for readers digest instead of a reputable sports site.

Man you are a f**kin' tool. And a dink.

I am well aware of how much King hates the Bengals. And EVEN HE liked the Leonard move. If he can find a way to bag on something the Bengals do, God knows he will do it.

s**t, dumbass, I said "even" in that other post that has your panties bunched, denoting that he usually cracks on the Bengals. Your perpetual crying over what is a very good trade for this club and begging for the corpses that used to be Edge James or Warrick Dunn is pathetic.

Peter King? Right after the combine he wrote in SI that Andre Smith had damaged himself to the point where he would drop to about the 33rd slot, but Maualuga had been so impressive he would go near the top of the draft.

Completely wrong on both counts.

King hates on the Bengals because it is the easy, lazy thing to do. Just wallow in the ten-year-old conventional wisdom that Mike Brown is cheap, therefore the Bengals will always suck. So much easier than actually doing an analysis of the last few years' contracts, which reveal that Mike Brown is no longer the cheap bastard he was when he was paying ahead on his purchase of the team.

Peter King's fat head is stuck in 2001, and his fat ass is probably stuck in a Dunkin Donuts bathroom somewhere.

Hack.

I am well aware of how much King hates the Bengals. And EVEN HE liked the Leonard move. If he can find a way to bag on something the Bengals do, God knows he will do it.

s**t, dumbass, I said "even" in that other post that has your panties bunched, denoting that he usually cracks on the Bengals. Your perpetual crying over what is a very good trade for this club and begging for the corpses that used to be Edge James or Warrick Dunn is pathetic.

what the hell is a dink

(D)ual (I)ncome, (N)o (K)ids......livin the good life

OK, so Peter King sucks. We can all agree on that, at least in regard to his lack of respect for the Bengals.

But where would everyone put the Bengals? Or does everyone think that power rankings are stupid at this point in the offseason?

Personally, I always read power rankings. I always like to see what people have to say, especially about the Bengals. I would probably place the Bengals in the 15-18 range. I think they will make the playoffs at some point in the next three years (hopefully all 3), but wins speak louder than my power rankings. Where would you place the Bengals?

:lol:

There folks, is your weekly temper tantrum. I can respect a person's point of view, but if the mods want a civilized atmosphere on these boards they need to pay a little more attention.

There folks, is your weekly temper tantrum. I can respect a person's point of view, but if the mods want a civilized atmosphere on these boards they need to pay a little more attention.

Or we could not 'overmoderate' and let these little things blow over, as they tend to do, until SOME PEOPLE dredge them up, as seems to be the case here.

Or we could not 'overmoderate' and let these little things blow over, as they tend to do, until SOME PEOPLE dredge them up, as seems to be the case here.

It blows over until the next week when it happens again and again and again by the same person? This isn't being dredged up...this is pointing out a pattern of behavior.

Greg with your field of expertise i know you know the difference, but simply because you like someone you don't hold them to the same standards as you would anyone else. I guess it is okay for a member to repeatedly attack other board members without provocation, as long as some moderators like him? Seriously?

It blows over until the next week when it happens again and again and again by the same person? This isn't being dredged up...this is pointing out a pattern of behavior.

Greg with your field of expertise i know you know the difference, but simply because you like someone you don't hold them to the same standards as you would anyone else. I guess it is okay for a member to repeatedly attack other board members without provocation, as long as some moderators like him? Seriously?

I can't say I like him. I can't I don't like him. I don't have that much interaction with him. He's done nothing more than the steam blowing that HOF/TJ or HOF/bearcat or TJ/agreen or HOF/Hoosier or HOF/me do (how's HOF in so many of these?).

Anyway, I suspect other mods have seen the posts today with no major issues. However, since you apparently feel I in particular are being somehow biased, I will defer to Hoos, or AB or BZB, and if I've acted improper, they can recommend my removal.

I can't say I like him. I can't I don't like him. I don't have that much interaction with him. He's done nothing more than the steam blowing that HOF/TJ or HOF/bearcat or TJ/agreen or HOF/Hoosier or HOF/me do (how's HOF in so many of these?).

Anyway, I suspect other mods have seen the posts today with no major issues. However, since you apparently feel I in particular are being somehow biased, I will defer to Hoos, or AB or BZB, and if I've acted improper, they can recommend my removal.

Do I recommend your removal? No. But when someone repeatedly pops off on people every week with profane laced tirades without being provoked, I would expect a mod to do a little more than just say, "Ahh it will blow over like the last time." Maybe if it hadn't just "blew over" the last time, he wouldn't be back doing the same things he is doing now. That is the point I am trying to make.

Here's what I don't understand:

The Bengals have had 1 winning season and 17 losing seasons in the past 18 years.

Yet, whenever some sports writer picks the Bengals to be losers again, then he "has a bug up his butt," or "is always picking on the Bengals," or whatever.

If the Bengals could string together 2 or 3 winning seasons, then we would find the national talking heads singing a different tune about our Bengals.

Now, I don't know what "28th" means exactly as far as power rankings go, but it sounds pretty close to 6-10 which is where I have the Bengals at this point.

Everybody EXCEPT those who post on Bengal fan boards in May knows that the oline just isn't going to get it done and the defense doesn't have enough experience to be anything other than improved but still inconsistent with not enough depth.

Add in the annual injury bug to expose lack of depth and the writing is clearly on the wall. Its written in orange though, so you have to take the orange glasses off to see it. ;)