Rod Hood is visiting

More predictability from Brat. His Blocking TE goes down and his backup Blocking TE goes down. He is left with an average blocker and a rookie recieving TE. So he is going to try and force them to become just blockers, instead of playing to thier strong suit.

Hammer that round peg into the square hole Brat, it will fit sooner or later.

Why not open up the passing game by actually running some TE routes with the recieving TE?

You took the words outta my mouth.. I hate this guys arrogance. You've got Chad Johnson, L. Coles, Chris Henry and "the most prolific pass catching tight end in NCAA history" and you want to run two tight end sets with Utecht and Kelly?? WTF is wrong with this guy? Pass the ball all the way down the field.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

More predictability from Brat. His Blocking TE goes down and his backup Blocking TE goes down. He is left with an average blocker and a rookie recieving TE. So he is going to try and force them to become just blockers, instead of playing to thier strong suit.

Why not open up the passing game by actually running some TE routes with the recieving TE?

You took the words outta my mouth.. I hate this guys arrogance. You've got Chad Johnson, L. Coles, Chris Henry and "the most prolific pass catching tight end in NCAA history" and you want to run two tight end sets with Utecht and Kelly?? WTF is wrong with this guy? Pass the ball all the way down the field.

Wow, gotta agree with AGreen here. Why try to make Coffman into something he's not?

Why try to make Coffman into something he's not?

Let me try to understand this - we already know Coffman is a great pass catcher - NCAA record holder, right? Kid has hands - but you object to efforts to make him a better blocker?

Personally, I want a 3 down TE out there who is *roughly* just as good at blocking as at receiving, so we are not tipping our hand offensively by personnel on the field

Wow, gotta agree with AGreen here. Why try to make Coffman into something he's not?

This is a perfect example of how this team continues to lack an identity. I think Coffman can be a good TE but if he doesn't fit into the system you run, why draft him? If you want to have him be a receiving TE, why try and force him into something he's not good at??? This isn't rocket science.

Let me try to understand this - we already know Coffman is a great pass catcher - NCAA record holder, right? Kid has hands - but you object to efforts to make him a better blocker?

Personally, I want a 3 down TE out there who is *roughly* just as good at blocking as at receiving, so we are not tipping our hand offensively by personnel on the field

I want that too, but Brat needs to use the weapons he has in the correct way untl the kid can develop into a blocker. Not just keep pushing him into bad situations.

I want that too, but Brat needs to use the weapons he has in the correct way untl the kid can develop into a blocker. Not just keep pushing him into bad situations.

Yep, Brat's stubborness, predictability, and inability to adjust in-game are going to cost this team games....again.

Brat needs to use the weapons he has in the correct way untl the kid can develop into a blocker. Not just keep pushing him into bad situations.

How exactly is making the kid do a lot of blocking in practice and in games that don't count a 'bad situation'?

I know he can catch - he needs to improve as a blocker......so how exactly does one get better at blocking?

c'mon now folks......

Brat needs to use the weapons he has in the correct way untl the kid can develop into a blocker. Not just keep pushing him into bad situations.

How exactly is making the kid do a lot of blocking in practice and in games that don't count a 'bad situation'?

I know he can catch - he needs to improve as a blocker......so how exactly does one get better at blocking?

c'mon now folks......

I'm wondering if it might be prudent to use a lot more three and four WR sets this year since we're so bare at TE. Is that a thought process Brat is capable of?

c'mon now folks......

Did you read the article on Brat? It states that 2 TE sets are out the window and he will be expecting the TE's to just hold the position blocking.

I just dont see the support that Brat still gets. He is a below average OC at best.

c'mon now folks......

Not saying he can't work on blocking. Just want the team to play to the players' strengths instead of excentuating their weaknesses.

c'mon now folks......

Did you read the article on Brat? It states that 2 TE sets are out the window and he will be expecting the TE's to just hold the position blocking.

I just dont see the support that Brat still gets. He is a below average OC at best.

TJ's a really smart guy but his reading comprehension skills are bogey at best.. He tends to miss the point sometimes.

Let me break it down for ya T... Why in the world would you draft Coffman if you want to run the ball more out of 2 TE sets? Why draft a guy that is not known for his run blocking but for his record setting hands if this is your plan?? Why the f**k would you even talk about 2 TE sets when you have 85, Coles, and Henry plus Coffman. We are built to Throw the god damm ball. We have Carson Palmer for christ's sake.

We should never hear the words 2 TE sets come out of anyone's mouth on the offense, it makes no sense.

With proper coaching; Coles is a pro-bowler, 85's a pro-bowler, Carson's a pro-bowler, at least Whitworth and another olineman arepro-bowlers, and Coffman (future) are all pro-bowlers... This is my last chance for BRAT.

Unless this is all part of MB's brilliant plan to fool the opposing teams with disinfo. Who knows? If not, Brat is a damm fool!!

We all know Coffman needs to improve as a run blocker, that's not our point.

I don't think anyone would Object to making him a better blocker but still using him at what he does best,Why put Coats in as a blocking Tight End when the dude can't even block.

I don't think anyone would Object to making him a better blocker but still using him at what he does best

I'm fairly certain they will

But a TE still needs to block, plain and simple.

,Why put Coats in as a blocking Tight End when the dude can't even block.

Actually, Marvin has complimented his blocking skills

-No Doubt about it,Rather have a Complete Tight End myself.

-Eh,Marvin may be doing it to Swoon the fans but what I've seen from games Coats blocking has been horrible...Swing Door comes to mind

Yep, Brat's stubborness, predictability, and inability to adjust in-game are going to cost this team games....again.

I just wish we could run a solid shotgun with Coffman, Chad, Coles, Henry and Simpson/Caldwell atleast once a game..When you have a pro-bowl MVP throwing the ball aswell and the fact almost all these guys will beat out man coverage on your own it does really make you scratch your head to think it probably won't happen.

I just wish we could run a solid shotgun with Coffman, Chad, Coles, Henry and Simpson/Caldwell atleast once a game..When you have a pro-bowl MVP throwing the ball aswell and the fact almost all these guys will beat out man coverage on your own it does really make you scratch your head to think it probably won't happen.

If the O-line proves itself reliable in pass protection then I think that is just what we'll see. It's what happened last time we had a solid O-line. If it's looking dodgy then go with the run more. I think we'll go with the run fairly heavily for the first couple of games at least.