How much Is Carson Palmer being overlooked??

HAPPYJAQ

If he is being overlooked it's because he really hasn't done squat...Our only playoff appearance with him he gets hurt,and we lose, he has had various injuries that has kept him off the field(even if not his fault)...At 1 time RJaworski(ESPN) thought that CPalmer was top 3 in QB's even he has jumped off the bandwagon...WINNING gets you noticed not throwing pretty spirals...

I've been on the fence about Carson for a while now.

There's no doubt he's by far the best QB the Bengals have had since Boomer...but then, that's not saying a whole hell of a lot.

The guy he reminds me more and more of with each passing year is Drew Bledsoe. Who was a pretty good QB, but not a name you hear when discussing the all-time greats.

I've been saying the same thing for a while now. Don't get me wrong--I love Palmer, but the best objective comparison I can find is Drew Bledsoe. My friends have blasted me for saying that (and I've said it since 06)--Bledsoe and Palmer both are physically Robo-QBs, but somehow lack the intangibles or the right environment to be a Hall of Fame QB.

With that said, I'd still rather have Palmer than about 25 other starting QBs in the league, but to keep referring to him as a stud QB that is bound to have a breakout year is a little naive IMO.

How old was Steve Young before he finally did something in the league. Carson is at the beginning of his prime which is typically between 28-34 for a QB and he is proven to be an elite QB when healthy and w/ pieces around him. I'd rather have Carson than dumbass Big Ben anyday of the week. Big Ben plays like an idiot. He cannot read a pocket, runs in to pass rushers, lacks touch on short passes and makes horrible decisions. He just has the freakish ability to brush off any defender that hits him and is able to throw the ball to wide open receivers that have been abandoned by there coverage.

Carson very well could have had a career like Aikman by know but his imjuries have came a little early but he will most likely play a lot longer than Aikman did as well. The jury is still kind of out on Carson but everybody and there mom knows that a healthy Palmer is one of the best in the league. If Carson puts up big numbers to start off this year, the media will be all over his nuts.

So we agree to agree huh ??

Well, yeah, but, I...what?

Yeah, I guess we do. :D

But look at it this way. That's actually a rarity on this board. Most people like to pick each other apart...just b'cuz.

No, not just b'cuz. We pick each other apart because some people will say silly things, like comparing Carson Palmer to David Klingler for example.

In response to these displays of idiocy you throw imaginary flags. Others pick away relentlessly. Meanwhile monkeys at the zoo throw their feces. But we're all just trying to cope.

It's not that Palmer gets overlooked, it's the entire city. The era of "Bungles" has never left. NO matter how much success could be had by our team on the football field, there will still be the expectation of everyone in the NFL and it's fan base that something terrible happen to thwart us.

For 41 years the only people that have ever expected us to win are the Bengal fans. That's it. NO ONE ELSE !! No one even gives us props for NOT being "fair weather fans" and sticking to our guns for our beloved team. But the facts remain, While teams that finally got to a SuperBowl and Finally won it, i.e. ( Tampa Bay ) we're still the bottom rung of the ladder of professional franchises.

As a matter of fact, just a couple of years ago, The Bengals statistically were the WORST, WOOOORRRRRRRSSSSSSTTTT, professional team in any sport. OF ALL SPORTS !! Now it's true that during Marvin Lewis' 6 years, we've become more competitive, but the reality is, We don't win!

No team is afraid of us. We remain the laughing stock to the point that when we finally draft the way, WE'RE SUPPOSED TOOOO!!!!, Even the Bengals fans are so surprised, we go all apes**t!! Including Yours truly!!

We have excepted mediocrity at it's worst level. We have excepted the possibility of success meaning, "JUST DON'T BE AS BAD AS LAST YEAR". We have taken upon the mentality of Losers, quitters, and the kids that will always get the s**t beat out of them afterschool, because they expect it. Without it, we'd lose our existence. Our determined function in the Universe.

To make a long story short................. We have to WIN. Most of the world is expecting some type of catastrophic, end of the world events by 2012, What better sign of the Apocalypse, than The Cincinnati Bengals winning the Superbowl.

Most of us have already sold our souls at the expense of this team already, Maybe the 2003 selection of Carson Palmer, and the 2009 draft are finally the collateral needed to put all Bengal fans on the " Greased Lightning Bus to Hell " .......... After we hold up the Vince Lombardi trophy first !! :D

WHO DEY MUTHERf**kERS !!!!! :bengal::cheers::bengal:

No, not just b'cuz. We pick each other apart because some people will say silly things, like comparing Carson Palmer to David Klingler for example.

Show me where i compared Carson to Klingler. :huh:

What I DID say is that Palmer is on the road to being Klinglerized, which is a word I use to mean when a QB has taken one shot too many.

I'm beginning to think your disagreements come from either lack of basic reading comprehension or deliberate deception, rather than actually disagreeing with whatever point is being made.

But let's say I did compare the two. Guess what? You can compare/contrast any two things so that makes what you just said pretty f'n stupid. Lets run through a practice problem together, shall we?:

EXAMPLE 1: Comparing and Apple to an Orange

1.An apple is red. An orange is orange.

2. An orange is sweeter than an apple.

3. Apples grow up north, Oranges grow down south.

Now you try, HOF. If you don't get it on the first attempt, keep trying little buddy. I'm sure you'll figure it out.

To make a long story short................. We have to WIN. Most of the world is expecting some type of catastrophic, end of the world events by 2012, What better sign of the Apocalypse, than The Cincinnati Bengals winning the Superbowl.

We have that covered as I've given explaination why the Bengals will win the Super Bowl in the 2011 season.

Holy Sh*t, it IS the end of the world !!!

Getting back to the purpose of this thread I would like to add the following:

Carson Palmer

Andre Smith

Rey Magualuga

Keith Rivers

That is four first round talent guys that we are adding to our team. Two of those guys are FRANCHISE players on offense and the other two are cornerstones for any defense in the league.

I am pretty damn sure we will be greatly improved this year.

2 of those guys have yet to take a snap in the NFL. 1 of them isn't even signed yet. "Cornerstone and Franchise" is a pretty bold statement.

Look at the last two guys that have been drafted in the top 5 at LT? They made an immediate impact for their team. Even if he isn't a FRANCHISE Tackle, he is still a first round pick and a big upgrade over what we had last season.

Rey may not have taken a snap, but even without him we are getting a top LT, a top ten pick at LB (NUMBER ONE LB TAKEN), and a Franchise QB(Top 5 in the league)

That is a huge upgrade. Add that into the recent signings on defense, along with the addition of Oline depth and TE depth our team could be a force to be reckon with. This team is so good I might actually be able to use them on Madden and not get crushed

Getting back to the purpose of this thread I would like to add the following:

Carson Palmer

Andre Smith

Rey Magualuga

Keith Rivers

That is four first round talent guys that we are adding to our team. Two of those guys are FRANCHISE players on offense and the other two are cornerstones for any defense in the league.

I am pretty damn sure we will be greatly improved this year.

Add Coles, R. Williams, M. Johnson and now you have 7 r1 grade guys coming in/back here to improve the core of the team.

We have that covered as I've given explaination why the Bengals will win the Super Bowl in the 2011 season.

Holy Sh*t, it IS the end of the world !!!

At least I can face it with a smile! ;)

Show me where i compared Carson to Klingler. :huh:

Scroll up and read your earlier posts, but I warn you....the stupid things you write can be mind-numbing.

What I DID say is that Palmer is on the road to being Klinglerized, which is a word I use to mean when a QB has taken one shot too many.

Correct me if I'm wrong but in an earlier thread you've stated flatly Carson Palmer will never be a productice QB again due to his physical injuries and in this thread claimed he's been "psychologically" damaged. And if that weren't enough, in this very thread you offered your idiotic "Kitna rule"...claiming Palmer's production totals are hollow/meaningless since they were only possible due to playing predominantly against prevent defenses.

Not that it matters much, but I think you're a bit of a moron.

But let's say I did compare the two. Guess what?

There is no reason to guess. You've been comparing the two players in post after post...only to claim later that's not what you're doing at all. And not surprising at all you now respond weakly by saying...."So what if I did?"

I guess we've finally stumbled upon a subject you're qualified to discuss.

:lol:

I guess we've finally stumbled upon a subject you're qualified to discuss.

:lol:

I have to disagree, I have had many oranges that were not sweeter than some apples I have tasted. I dont think this can be stated as a rule for all apples and oranges, therefore this statement is false.