need help remember the name of this movie

for some reason i all suddenly remember one part of this movie, and i asked my brother what is that movie, he said it is all in my mind, there is no movie like that

here is the part i remember, "a guy have a power to move his finger in circle motion and a clear aura come out of his finger kinda of look like water, it will extended to stuff he want to locate, the part i remember is he need to locate the key so he follow that aura tunnel thing toward the key"

for some reason i all suddenly remember one part of this movie, and i asked my brother what is that movie, he said it is all in my mind, there is no movie like that

here is the part i remember, "a guy have a power to move his finger in circle motion and a clear aura come out of his finger kinda of look like water, it will extended to stuff he want to locate, the part i remember is he need to locate the key so he follow that aura tunnel thing toward the key"

I know the flick you're talking about, but I can't remember either Dimster.

Dreamcatcher

The book was better.

Dear God. That movie was awful, even for a Stephen King movie. I can't believe Morgan Freeman agreed to it.

There have been some good movies made from Stephen King stories. Stand By Me, the Running Man, the Green Mile, Carrie, the Mist, the Shinning, and Needful Things.

• 4 weeks later...
Dreamcatcher

The book was better.

Dear God. That movie was awful, even for a Stephen King movie. I can't believe Morgan Freeman agreed to it.

There have been some good movies made from Stephen King stories. Stand By Me, the Running Man, the Green Mile, Carrie, the Mist, the Shinning, and Needful Things.

Shawshank Redemption was (imho) the best screen adaptation of a Stephen King book so far.

Dreamcatcher

The book was better.

I don't think I'd include "The Mist" in the list.

You also forgot Misery, Cujo, and the all time classic as redsfan2 mentioned, the Shawshank Redemption...

But he's got 110 movies to his name. When you look over the list of decent movies, that's not a good percentage.

I think most people see Stephen King's name attached to a movie and assume it's going to be crap, and are sometimes pleasantly surprised.