Bernard Scott Senior Bowl stats

walzav29

I can't find them from the game. Anyone know? 1 more thing I checked, and yes I understand he is nothing but trouble and it's unlikely that giving him 500 Grand will make him a better citizen. BUT I would guess that the most important drill for a RB is the 20 yd shuttle and the 3 cone drill due to the short bursts required. Scott is in the top 2 in both, and has a faster 40 than Knowshon. It will be interesting to watch in the preseason.

http://www.nfl.com/combine/top-performers?...ty-yard-shuttle

After watching the video on the other thread, it seems to me that he can make an immediate impact with this offense this upcoming year. At the very least he can do so on special teams with his punt returning skills. The most impressive things about Scott are his ability to shift direction and be that "slippery" type of back that we could use....add that with his pass catching abilities and there is alot to be excited about. Here's to hoping he can stay out of trouble and avoid check points, etc...

I've heard a lot of Warrick Dunn comparisons. I'd be very pleased with that. However, something he's going to have to work on quite a bit is breaking tackles. He is usually brought down by the first defender. The Bengals already had that guy in Chris Perry.

Blasphemy! Crystal Perry was the savior of this franchise!

Man I wish I could see the faces of the mods over at Go-Bengals.com that used to argue with me extensively about how great Perry was going to be. Even after his best year where he caught 51 balls and everyone was saying he was better than James Brooks (55 catches in 1985), I pointed out how his yards per catch was almost 4 yards less than Brooks! (6.4-Perry to 10.5-Brooks)

I've heard a lot of Warrick Dunn comparisons. I'd be very pleased with that. However, something he's going to have to work on quite a bit is breaking tackles. He is usually brought down by the first defender. The Bengals already had that guy in Chris Perry.

Man I wish I could see the faces of the mods over at Go-Bengals.com that used to argue with me extensively about how great Perry was going to be. Even after his best year where he caught 51 balls and everyone was saying he was better than James Brooks (55 catches in 1985), I pointed out how his yards per catch was almost 4 yards less than Brooks! (6.4-Perry to 10.5-Brooks)

He also had some really long TD receptions called back because of penalties.

He doesn't remind me of Warrick Dunn at all.

I've heard a lot of Warrick Dunn comparisons. I'd be very pleased with that. However, something he's going to have to work on quite a bit is breaking tackles. He is usually brought down by the first defender. The Bengals already had that guy in Chris Perry.[/quote )His game is fine.

Perry was ruined by injuries. His play in relief of Rudi against the Colts in 2006 show the kind of back he should have been. I don't recall anyone saying that Chris Perry was going to be the "saviour" of this franchise. But its big of you to pile on the guy now that he's been cut. You're a football genius.

He doesn't remind me of Warrick Dunn at all.

He actually reminds me of.....wait for it... (http://www.metacafe.com/watch/2543958/bernard_scott_draft_video_profile/)

LT.

there, I've said it.

Which LT?

The one from the Giants (for the off-the-field personality stuff) or the one from San Diego (for the on-the-field stuff)?

good one... perhaps he is a hybrid?

He runs, cuts and moves like young Ladanian. Perhaps a little lighter but same "action" with the ball.

Whoever mentioned the irons comparison is also correct, however, it looks like Scott has more patience and vision.

For giggles, compare what Scott looks like to how Rudi shuffled, stalled and sputtered...wow.

For NJ, I'd rather have both (DeDe and Scott)!

Perry was ruined by injuries. His play in relief of Rudi against the Colts in 2006 show the kind of back he should have been. I don't recall anyone saying that Chris Perry was going to be the "saviour" of this franchise. But its big of you to pile on the guy now that he's been cut. You're a football genius.

It's not piling on when I have been saying he wasn't very good from the day he was drafted. Even when he was at his absolute best, he still wasn't better than a guy that barely made pro-bowls in Brooks. :)

After the rookie camp this weekend, if the Bengals don't grab another RB before the Veteran camp, you'll know that the team thinks he's the real deal. In wasting no time in cutting Perry and even surprisingly Russell, you have to think they have an idea about Scott...but they had an idea about Perry this time last year, too.

I guess we'll have to wait and see, but I like what I've read/seen so far on Scott. Maybe he's a Brian Westbrook type for the Bengals and at worst, he should be the starting KR/PR.