5 Bengals Cut

mgilgris

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Funny thing about Russel was some people had him penciled in at number 2 alrdy,Surprised they didn't wait on the RB's though with the injurys we've had at that position...Also suck's about Eric Henderson I guess it was someone Michael Johnson looked up to in college but the guy just never could stay healthy.

The Bengals have waived HB Chris Perry, DE Eric Henderson, S Mike Doss, TE Nate Lawrie and HB Gary Russell.

Per bengals.com and ctrent.

Short lived Russell experiment

I wont miss any of them, I thought Eric Henderson had alot of promise , he just couldnt stay healthy.

I can think of alot more that have to go.

Funny thing about Russel was some people had him penciled in at number 2 alrdy,Surprised they didn't wait on the RB's though with the injurys we've had at that position...Also suck's about Eric Henderson I guess it was someone Michael Johnson looked up to in college but the guy just never could stay healthy.

Funny thing is Eric Henderson from Ga Tech is being replaced by Michael Johnson from Ga Tech...

Thank goodness Perry is gone! So now it's Benson, Dede, Watson, James Johnson, and the rookie. I wonder if there is a veteran signing in the near future. By looking at that group of RB's I am actually pretty concerned at this point.

Also what are the cap implications on the perry cut?

I doubt it was much considering it was the last year of his rookie contract. What is surprising, is if they planned on cutting Levi wouldn't they have done it now as well? Something tells me Levi was telling the truth when he said he was healthy and ready to play this year.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=4105213

The other shoe drops, looks like I have to revise my depth chart prediction again.

Welp there it is...Anthony Collins is going to be a starting Tackle for the Bengals...are you scared? You got a Rookie OT and a second year OT to protect Carson.

I am kinda scared to be honest and I can see this being a 6-10 or 7-9 season.

It means that we are putting Andre Smith at LT and Collins at RT, I trust Collins but it hurts our depth, I can only find one more RT on the roster and I know NOTHING about him, Dennis Roland. But if Levi is done (mentally or physically) then you have to do what you have to do.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=4105213

The other shoe drops, looks like I have to revise my depth chart prediction again.

Welp there it is...Anthony Collins is going to be a starting Tackle for the Bengals...are you scared? You got a Rookie OT and a second year OT to protect Carson.

I am kinda scared to be honest and I can see this being a 6-10 or 7-9 season.

I'm not scared in the least I think were gonna run the ball down peoples throats and not make carson throw 30-40 times a game...

Well, Adios Levi. Hard luck guy with injuries. I remember back in '85 thinking that we had a franchise type left tackle. His third year in the league and he was really playing, so why not expect ten years of stellar play from him? Wrong.

He started getting nicked, then really hurt. Then he got Joey Portered at Harrahs and he's not the same player he was in '05. I hope he picks it up and has a second half of his career.

It means that we are putting Andre Smith at LT and Collins at RT, I trust Collins but it hurts our depth, I can only find one more RT on the roster and I know NOTHING about him, Dennis Roland. But if Levi is done (mentally or physically) then you have to do what you have to do.

I doubt that either one have been assigned yet. I think we can assume that Collins and Smith are the OT's. Which one is LT and which is RT remains to be seen. I'm betting the coaches will take a good look at how well Andre Smith can be taught good pass blocking technique. If he's a little slow, he'll be the RT, where he can use his run blocking skills to their fullest, and a TE can help him out with pass blocking. If he comes on fast, then you're looking at the LT and RT tandem for this team for the next 5 years.

The Bengals have waived HB Chris Perry, DE Eric Henderson.........

Thankfully, on a message board far far away....DontPushMe commits ritual suicide. Moments later his even less intelligent cousin WretchedMass follows him into the afterlife by leaping off of the nearest high ledge.

I hereby raise an imaginary glass to toast their memory and to give thanks for the blessed silence that follows.

:lol:

FWIW Lewis said yesterday no decision has been made in regards to which side Andre Smith will play this season. He said the coaching staff was satisfied Smith could play on the left if needed, but also reminded the interviewer of the habit of many teams who start rookie OT's on the right side before shifting them to the more demanding left side. He closed by saying the coaching staff would probably make a final decision very soon after they've had a chance to evaluate how Smith performs in the coming rookie camp.

No, I am not scared. Why are you? Grow a pair.

Collins and Smith can actually block people. Just saying.

Are you serious? How can you be such a cocky bastard about an O-line that will consist of either a rookie center or second year one that has never started an NFL game? If that isn't enough, you have a rookie with questions about his work ethic starting at one tackle, and a second year 4th round pick at the other tackle.

Grow a pair eh? Well maybe you need to start thinking with the brain on your shoulders and not with the one above your nuts.

I prefer Collins to Levi anyway. Levi's a good left tackle, but he seemed to grow into a cancer lately, and I think Collins showed a lot of fire last year. Anybody else remembering him refusing to back down from Harrison against Pittsburgh last year? Gotta love a guy who comes in as a rookie and wants a go at the NFL Defensive Player of the Year.

Roland played the last two games, IIRC, and was pretty tough. He is a big boy with long arms and decent mobility.

We have Kooistra as back-up as well.