3rd Round #1: Michael Johnson

ArmyBengal

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, I did want a pure pass rusher added to the mix....so there's that. And the guy has more physical upside than anyone in the entire draft. But this guy is one of the first names mentioned whenever the subject of "looks like Tarzan/play like Jane" is mentioned....so there's that too.

Another "prove it to me" draftpick, but I'm not barking much because of where the guy was picked.

You nailed it Hair. He is a player that could have ahuge impact, but may also not do a damn thing. I think he is a good value where they took him.

Agreed. I think we can be something special on D this season. The plan is all coming together.

We brought in Tank Johnson, a penetrator, to collapse the pocket, and now we have the guy who's going to be screaming around the edge to squeeze that QB in.

- CALDWELL JUST WENT! - which takes me to my next thought.

If they are in fact thinking about REY at SLB, I think we go for a thumper MLB in the next round or two (Franz Joseph would be my pick). Marvin said just last week that he's still looking for his Peter Bouleware, and I have a feeling that's why they were so giddy about Maualuga.

Ok, I like the Johnson pick, clearly another talent who could not be passed on, but now the lack of C talent is glaring. Luigs is about all that is left...

And the Chargers take OG Vasquez, a guy I really liked too... I guess we can't get evrything we want.

Now watch, we'll ake an RB late r3....

Wow.....Mike Brown died durring the draft!?!?!??!?!?!? I woke up to this abit shocking! Great value for the 3rd round .......

FERK Caldwell drafted by the Texans....Bengals really must be high on Santucci & Cook..........

PS,A.Q Shiply does worry me but i'm willing take chance at this point.

I just do not get it. Their #1 need is center, yet they chose to go after a guy that needs to be 'coached up'. Let's face it, 'coaching up' is not a Bengal strength...

Maybe they are going to develop Crummey, Santucci and Cook....Taking a lesser C prospect at this point means they will have the position open to win.

I definitely understand the gripes in not getting Caldwell, but the bottom line is that they've picked up three top 10 talents in the first three rounds. Whether they'll be productive or not is yet to be seen, but it's intriguing. I think that they thought that adding a pure pass rusher in Johnson was a better value than adding Caldwell, and hopefully they can get a guy like A.Q. Shipley, who is a tough, confident guy, to get rid of Ghiaciuc.

I just do not get it. Their #1 need is center, yet they chose to go after a guy that needs to be 'coached up'. Let's face it, 'coaching up' is not a Bengal strength...

Correction: Their #1 need is center, yet they chose to go after a guy that needs to be 'coached up'. Let's face it, 'coaching up' is was not a Bengal strength...

Zimmer has changed all that.

Michael Johnson is not a top 10 talent. Top 10 talent isn't known for taking plays off and needing to be motivated before he plays to his potential.

Anyway, I saw the interview with Marvin on ESPN as well and heard about the thought of playing Johnson at OLB to. It should prove interesting...

Michael Johnson is not a top 10 talent. Top 10 talent isn't known for taking plays off and needing to be motivated before he plays to his potential.

Anyway, I saw the interview with Marvin on ESPN as well and heard about the thought of playing Johnson at OLB to. It should prove interesting...

He has top ten ability, not top ten production. That's what I mean when I say talent. When is completely motivated, he is as good a pass rusher as anyone in the draft, period. I'm not saying that he's a top ten player, but he has flashed the playmaking and pass rushing ability of a top ten defensive end.

Did I hear that this dude jumped out of the pool onto the deck? That's crazy man. If the guy develops a decent motor it could be another steal. Great job so far War room.

Welp ESPN just interviewed Marvin and I really think they are going to be running a 3-4 sometimes this season. Basically Marvin just said that Johnson might be playing some OLB.

Saw it too and agree.

With these players, it would start to make sense. lots of ways to line these guys up.

Correction: Their #1 need is center, yet they chose to go after a guy that needs to be coaching up is was not a Bengal strength...

Zimmer has changed all that.

Fair enough, but I'm worried about the 'coaching up' on the other side of the ball. The remaining centers basically have a skill set similar to Bluto's. And look how he panned out.

They've thrown in 3-4 looks in the past, but has never been their base. These draft picks don't move them any closer to it being their base unless they can bring some of these players back that are either in their last year or on a one year deal. Once again, Dhani isn't getting younger either...