3rd Round #2: Chase Coffman

ArmyBengal

Can't really argue with this one either, has risks - not a great run blocker and has some injury issues, but he'll make the roster and contribute immediately, nice Utecht insurance, gives Brat and Palmer more options and looks. At least he's an 0-lineman.

ESPN crew praising Bengals' draft. It's like Marvin Lewis told Mike that he's taking over this draft.

90 catches, 987 yards and 10 TDs last year for Mizzou. Even though that was a passing offense, that's stout. 6'5" and 250 pounds? That's f**kin' sizable. I am glad they finally took a guy like that. Another quality guy that feeds a need.

If we were going to take a TE in the draft, this is the kid I really wanted the most, so this draft continues to be a dream come true at this point in time. Defensive line help, LB corps help, Offensive line help, and another weapon for Carson ?? Couldn't have asked for to much more and we will be able to add another top talent that will fall at the top of the 4th !!!

My first time checking in, but you have to be high or drunk not to LOVE this draft so far. A top OT, the best ILB (which some thought could/should have been the pick at #6), the best athlete and upside prospect at DE in the entire draft and likely the 2nd best TE in the draft, if not for injury, as your other 3rd rounder?

This is awesome!

We basically got two 1st round talents and two 2nd round talents, at worst, with our first 4 picks. This is the best draft in a long while for the Bengals.

If we were going to take a TE in the draft, this is the kid I really wanted the most, so this draft continues to be a dream come true at this point in time. Defensive line help, LB corps help, Offensive line help, and another weapon for Carson ?? Couldn't have asked for to much more and we will be able to add another top talent that will fall at the top of the 4th !!!

Sing it brother.....lol

I would have prefered to have taken Antoine Caldwell but, you cant argue with the value.

Coffman is as good as any TE in the whole draft.

So far they have drafted 3 guys that were projected as 1st rnd guys and a guy ratted as a 2nd rnd guy.

Coffman was ratted as 2nd rnd and the 52 nd player avaliable.

Every player drafted has been in the top 52 players avaliable .

What the hell is going on?

Did the coaching staff go to re-hab in the off-season?

A DE that I approve of dafted by the Bengals ? In the 1st 3 rnds? WTF is going on?

When I do my draft I break it down to guys that I like and guys that I dont, there are very few guys that I like in each rnd.

While I would went a different way with the draft, I have to tell you so far, I love all of these guys- and they have got great value with every pick.

And that is coming from a guy that hates their draft every year.

WTF , has someone commited foul play against Mike Brown?

I don't really watch a whole lot of college football, so I've never even heard of this guy before. But those highlights are sick! This guy looks like a player and I hope he can do for us what Utecht was supposed to give us last year.