3rd Round #2: Chase Coffman

ArmyBengal

This pick is really growing on me the kid had 90 catches for almost 1,000 yards....Gives carson another weapon and from what some people are saying has some of the best hands you've seen with great route running skills...sounds like he'll be awesome redzone target.

Which is exactly what was wanted from Utecht. The plan may still be there but now we have a talent base to draw upon. Utecht needs to stay healthy, as does Mr. Coffman.

I like the options with TE screens and such, combined with Benson running behind A.Smith and 85 and Coles stretching the field. This O can only get better.

He'll certainly help replace some of the production across the middle we lost with TJ's departure.*

Sensible pick of a player with talent. This draft has an unnerving sense of direction so far.

*This assumes our OC finally gets that a TE can catch and hasn't just picked the wrong TE to use as an extra blocker.

Another high quality pick. However, I will believe the Bengals throw to a TE when I see it. It isn't just the players on the roster... it's the scheme.

Perhaps they will be forced to throw more to a TE since Housh is gone and he took his 3rd down conversion skills with him... but like I said - Since Coffman is from Missouri, "Show me."

Anyone happen to notice his 30 TD's in his college career ?? No tight end had his numbers, NONE, not even close...

Played in pass happy, wide open offense, with Maclin drawing a lot of attention - that's not to take away anything from him necessarily - but his #'s are ridiculous because of it. I remember watching him quite a few times and noticing how good he was. Might take him a year to get 100% healthy and contribute when Utecht is gone, but who knows, he's certainly good enough to challenge for PT early on.

He's good enough to start from Day 1 for this team. He's got good hands, great size, and a knack for finding the openings in the zone. He will be a beast in the red zone, watch and see.

He's good enough to start from Day 1 for this team. He's got good hands, great size, and a knack for finding the openings in the zone. He will be a beast in the red zone, watch and see.

That is my guess as to the main reason he was signed. No one finds openings better than Housh. No one. This guy is naturally talented at that skill. Excellent to get a pass catcher on the roster whose main skill isn't a fly route.