5th Round Pre-Pick Thread

ArmyBengal

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Check out the Michael Johnson conference call, he sounds like he has something to prove.

http://www.bengals.com/media-lounge/audio/...7f-3391a39993b9

Who the hell did that interview? Was that Hobson? "Perturbed"??

If we take a corner, I'd really like Harris or Mickens. Both good players. Harris can contribute on special teams right away.

I'd still rather see one of the RBs, though.

Jennings (RB) and Freeman (OLB) c ould be used on special teams

Err, no....I mean, have any of them already displayed better-then-average talent as a special teamer?

5th rounders and down definitely need special teams talent

Well I am sure Jennings didn't play much special teams at Liberty cause he was pretty much the most important person on the team and they couldn't risk injury.

As for Freeman, if I remember correctly, he had the fastest if not one of the fastest 40 times at the combine for LBers.

Err, no....I mean, have any of them already displayed better-then-average talent as a special teamer?

Macho Harris was a returner at Virginia Tech and Freeman was on the coverage teams at Ohio State.

As far as Jennings goes, I do not have much info on other than the pre-draft write ups.

What kind of special team depth you wanting to see Returner? punter? Just a ST in general.(which I really like Hebert as our special team ace atm)

If we take a corner, I'd really like Harris or Mickens. Both good players. Harris can contribute on special teams right away.

I'd still rather see one of the RBs, though.

I am more confident in DeDe, Watson, Johnson and Russell than I am in Pope, Castille and Jones.

R. Jennings

C. Peerman

J. Ringer

Jeremiah Johnson

James Davis

http://www.nfl.com/draft/2009/tracker#dt-b...sition-input:rb

I love Javon Ringer and Jeremiah Johnson

Johnson has a real nice Yards Per Carry which shows alot about how he plays.

Jeremiah Johnson, Oregon RB SR 13 168 1201 13 7.15 92.38

7.15 per carry is not bad coming off an injury.

Also, in the 6 rnd , maybe a P.J. Hill, who would have went much higher if not for character concerns.

P.J. Hill, Wisconsin RB JR 13 226 1161 13 5.14 89.31

Also, dont write off Ian Johnson

Johnson, Boise State

Height: 5-11. Weight: 211.

Projected 40 Time: 4.47.

Combine 40 Time: 4.46.

Benchx225: 26. Vertical: . Broad: .

Projected Round (2009): 5-6.

2/23/09: Ian Johnson shocked Indianapolis when he ran an unofficial 4.3 40. The official time has him at 4.46, which is still pretty decent compared to the plethora of Sunday's slow backs. 2/21/09: Ian Johnson's 212 pounds? What happened? Did he eat someone by accident? He was listed at 195 in college.

1/3/09: Ian Johnson compiled 766 rushing yards, 22 catches, 229 receiving yards and 13 touchdowns as a senior. Not exactly the sizzling stats he had earlier in his collegiate career. Well, at least his wife is hot.

10/18/08: Still way too small to be an every-down back in the NFL. He can't even carry the load on his own at Boise State.

5/21/08: The casual fan knows Ian Johnson as the player who scored in the decisive touchdown against Oklahoma and then proposed to his girlfriend on national TV. NFL scouts, however, will come to know Johnson as a small back who runs a mediocre 40 at his size.

2007: A bit small, but Ian Johnson could be a nice change-of-pace back in the NFL. Still, you can't help but marvel at what he did in 2006: 1,714 yards and 25 touchdowns. Needs to become a better pass-catcher; only eight receptions last year.

A 4.3 RB that ran for over 1700 yds a few years ago and is only putting up less yds because , he is a team guy that told the coach it was cool to spread around the carries.

I bet it will be Bernard Scott from Abilene Christian. Small school RB with a lot of arrests, but if my memory is correct he had a good 40 and the best short shuttle of the running backs at the combine.

His stats:

Year GP Att Yds Avg TD Rec Yds TD

2003 RS - - - - - - -

2004 10 163 1,026 6.3 11 23 256 0

2005 DNP - - - - - - -

2006 JUCO - - - - - - -

2007 13 251 2,165 8.6 35 46 565 4

2008 12 266 2,156 8.1 28 47 826 6

Totals 35 680 5,347 7.9 74 116 1,647 10

I bet it will be Bernard Scott from Abilene Christian. Small school RB with a lot of arrests, but if my memory is correct he had a good 40 and the best short shuttle of the running backs at the combine.

No thanks.

No thanks.

Yes, pass.

Dude is an animal but is older and his rap sheet is pretty thick. SoP, the redeemer may appear yet.

His stats:

Year GP Att Yds Avg TD Rec Yds TD

2003 RS - - - - - - -

2004 10 163 1,026 6.3 11 23 256 0

2005 DNP - - - - - - -

2006 JUCO - - - - - - -

2007 13 251 2,165 8.6 35 46 565 4

2008 12 266 2,156 8.1 28 47 826 6

Totals 35 680 5,347 7.9 74 116 1,647 10

He maybe the best RB in the entire draft.

But,his football ability is only surpassed by his crininality.

This guy punched his coach and that was the best of his criminal acts.

I dont know if even the Bengals would wast a pick on this guy.

I think he is a Undrafted Free Agent that maybe the Bengals would call.

This guy is so bad I dont know if anyone will even waste pre-cut down day roster spot on him.