2nd Round: Rey Maualuga

ArmyBengal

I like Maualuga but , we just passed on Conner Barwin.

I thought Maualuga sucked in the Senior Bowl.

As I have said many times it not just who you take , its who you could have had.

We could have one of the best DE's in the entire draft and one of the better TE's and special team guys.

We didnt need a Damn LB.

We just traded finaly having someone that could rush the passer for a LB that will give us about the same level of play that Dhani Jones plays at.

We gained nothing

Rey is younger but , we had a good roster of LB's now one of them will have to be cut from a deffense that was the #12 deffense, for the first time since Marvin has been here- its not wise to mess with team chemistry.

The LB/ WR fettish continues.

How do you know that its draft day?

When the Bengals draft a LB and WR.

Do the Bengals understand that they dont have to draft a LB and WR every year?

Shut your face! Why are you putting a damper on this? Their is always one.........Go back to Cleveland

Barwin is more suited for a 3-4 Defense BTW

i guess its just nick now

I am sorry, that was kind of violent I just have Testosterone running through my body because of the pick. You are crazy if you don't agree with the pick

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow I lave for awhile and come back to this! Funny thing is I remember posting something in the pre-second round pick thread along the lines of...

Anyone else notice the lack of chatter about Rey Rey and his gang? Could one of the three fall into the top of the second round?

WoW! Is that a call or what!

As I have said many times it not just who you take , its who you could have had.

We could have one of the best DE's in the entire draft and one of the better TE's and special team guys.

We didnt need a Damn LB.

We just traded finaly having someone that could rush the passer for a LB that will give us about the same level of play that Dhani Jones plays at.

We gained nothing

Rey is younger but , we had a good roster of LB's now one of them will have to be cut from a deffense that was the #12 deffense, for the first time since Marvin has been here- its not wise to mess with team chemistry.

Shut your face! Why are you putting a damper on this? Their is always one.........Go back to Cleveland

Barwin is more suited for a 3-4 Defense BTW

i guess its just nick now

I am sorry, that was kind of violent I just have Testosterone running through my body because of the pick. You are crazy if you don't agree with the pick

Nick i just thought i would let you know that Dhani is better suited to play OLB like he did for the Eagles when they went o the Superbowl then MLB. This pick gives us an amazing LB core, and we havn't wasted anything. Utecht is still on the roster, and he is a great TE just needs to be worked in more, and C can be easily addressed in the 3rd. You now have your front 7 looking like;

Odom - Peko - Sims - Geathers

Rivers - Maualaga - Jones

I dont understand how you can be dissapointed.

Once again, don't get me wrong, I LOVE THE PICK.

My thing is, I'm just not sure passing on Unger when he was there was the smartest thing as I viewed Center as a MUCH greater need than MLB.

Hopefully we still get either Caldwell, Shipley, or Luigs, but I'm just not as thrilled with those 3...

Once again, don't get me wrong, I LOVE THE PICK.

My thing is, I'm just not sure passing on Unger when he was there was the smartest thing as I viewed Center as a MUCH greater need than MLB.

Hopefully we still get either Caldwell, Shipley, or Luigs, but I'm just not as thrilled with those 3...

I know right. But, I guess - Center is a more technical position right? Rey has bags of talent and we all agree represents a huge boost to our improving D. They couldn't pass on Rey I don't think. They just couldn't. If he wasn't there, I think they would have gone with Unger.

If we get Luigs or Caldwell the C position will instantly be improved anyway.

Huge boost to Offense by going OT and a huge boost to D by going with Rey. Improving both sides of the ball is prudent for us. Neither side of the team is dominant and both needed help. The way this draft is going, I'm still hopeful of having a very decent C fall to us.

/begs the mocker gods to be kind

Look forward to watching him and Rivers play in stripes, same with Andre, good, solid, safe, logical picks - no silliness, no reaches, best player on the board when Rey was taken, and was the best rated player for at least 5-6 picks prior to that, if not more.

I was holding my breath thinking they'd take a Div II RB or CB, but they did the right thing.

Let's not overrate the Bengals' LB's prior to drafting him either - Dhani and Jeanty aren't starters for the majority of other NFL teams, if any. And Rivers only has a few games of experience still.

Let's hope they have a great first day by taking an interior o-lineman with the first Rd 3 pick.

Anyone else notice how ESPN just cruissed right past both the Bengals first two picks- I mean I guess I can kind of understand not spending a lot of time breaking down the first round due to the last minute trade in front of Cincy so the freaking Jets could get Sanchez. But the second round they are doing some lame interview with some dude going to watch the second day of the draft with Bill Cosby... umm no thanks, I would rather watch paint dry then go anywhere with Cosby and second of all what kind of reward is it to sit in that place all day and watch the second day of any draft?

So what do you guys think of Rey playing SLB if that's where they decide to put him? Maybe Maualuga on running downs Dhani on passing? should be interesting see how they play with their new toy...

Anyone else notice how ESPN just cruissed right past both the Bengals first two picks

Nfl network baby we got props for both picks ^_^

So what do you guys think of Rey playing SLB if that's where they decide to put him? Maybe Maualuga on running downs Dhani on passing? should be interesting see how they play with their new toy...

Anyone else notice how ESPN just cruissed right past both the Bengals first two picks

Nfl network baby we got props for both picks ^_^

YESSSSSIR

The coaches love his take-no-prisoners in the black-and-blue AFC North.

"I'm a hard-nosed guy that gets to the football that brings some intensity," he said. "That will smash people in the mouth. If you know who I am, you know I'm a soft-spoken guy that switch it on and off."

He says he's a combination of run-stopper, pass-rusher, but "just give me a helmet and pads, line me up and tell me what do."

I don't think we could have asked for better two players when playing in the AFC North

<3 <3 <3 <3

We didnt need a Damn LB.

We gained nothing

**EDITED**

Gr8 day to be a Bengal, Mike Brown can gladly take his GM bonus for these 2 rounds! Xcellent picks, Andre Smith is the best in the draft and Monroe is solid, thats it, he will not make any Pro Bowls but he will be solid, Andre Smith is just a little immature and he has such a high ceiling that can make multiple Pro Bowls. And hell I wanted ReyRey in round 1 so for us to get him with our 2nd round pick is why I came a little in my pants! I'm not glad that Mack went to Cleveland and I really wanted Eric Wood but even if they were there I would have wanted ReyRey over them, u can get Antoine Caldwell in the 3rd to be teamed back up with his teammate from Bama to help him transition easier!

i don't know if any of you watched the second round press conference but zimmer said something interesting and off hand about rey giving them "scheme flexibility" or something to that effect. does that signal a hybrid defense of both 4-3 and 3-4 or am i reading too much into it?

Great Day to be a Bengal fan, Maualuga in the second is better than I could have ever hoped for! We get a very talented LT in the first, the best defensive player in the draft (for us) in the second and all we need now is Caldwell in the third to make is a spectacular draft! Man I was sweating bullets when Denver moved up to one spot ahead of us I thought for sure they were going to take Maualuga, and while Barwin is not a bad option he is no Rey Maualuga!

Have to love the value, but I'm worried about the center position

Yeah... I was kind of hoping to see the Bengals work a trade to get up in the 2nd again and snag Unger. Let's hope the Bengals get good value again with their 3rd round pick and grab Caldwell. It would be nice to see A. Smith and Caldwell get to stay together anyway. Bama was able to rush for 200 yards a game in the uber competitive SEC last year... and Smith and Caldwell both have a lot to do with that.