Derelicts Dream Mock

#6. OT Eugene Monroe OT - I can't see Kansas City or Seattle picking OT unless St. Louis opts for Monroe instead of Jason Smith. KC needs to convert to the 3 - 4 and get after the QB, and Seattle will do everything in their power to trade down to a Sanchez lover. Although all OT's have their warts, Monroe has the best chance of starting from day 1 on Carson's blind side. he has a lower "ceiling" than either Smith or Michael Oher, but I don't trust Bartkowski's staff into coaching anybody to their full potential.

#38 Connor Barwin DE/OLB - If Laurinitis slides, this would change. There are alot of DE / OLB hybrids that are going to go in the first 50 picks, and I think Connor's lack of experience will push him down. Wowever, Barwin brings 3 attributes the Bengals need. 1) Popularity & local connections. 2) Versatility - He can put his hand down and rush the QB from day 1, but can be worked into special teams (LS) and the offense (2nd TE) due to his intelligence and work ethic. 3) Ultimately, since we have superior DC and LB coaches, I can see Connor eventually replacing Dhani on the inside - he's very strong, very fast (we need a MIKE that can drop back 20 yards), and reminds me alot of Urlacher.

#63 Eric Wood OC - Trade 3rd (#70), 5th (#142), and 7th to Arizona, who only have 6 picks. Two big ifs - if the Squeelers do not select a center in round 1, and Alex Mack slides into round 2, I think Wood will be available at the bottom of round 2. We sneak in front of Pittsburg, grabbing the local product who is big, nasty, and intelligent.

#70 - Traded to Arizona

#98 - Shonn Greene RB - Actually, take your pick. We need an everyday back to spell Benson and groom to be his replacement (ala Rudi). I would pick, in order, Rashad Jennings, Shonn Greene, Andre Brown, Javaris Williams, Cedric Peerman, and Javon Ringer - no LeSean McCoy or James Davis (Chrissy Perry clones)

#106 - Kevin Barnes CB - Shoulder injury wiped out alot of his senior year, but he's big (6'01 190 lbs), very quick, pretty fast (4.48), and he's a willing hitter with ball skills. A nickel back and special teamer, he can swing to Marvin's hybrid FS / SS position if needed.

#142 - Traded to Arizona

#179 - Tony Fiammetta FB - These days, I thinks it's as important to have a FB that's quick (to handle speed rushers) as big (to chip at DL and ILB's). This Syracuse product can get to the second level and around the corner, and is a devastating and willing blocker.

#209 - Kevin Huber P - A very good directional punter, Huber should still be there at the top of the 6th. Local products Tim Masthay (UK), Jacob Richardson (Miami), and Chris Miller (Ball State) could be invited in as UFA's if they're not drafted.

#215 - Traded to Arizona

#249 & #252 - Those UFA's that have slipped in the draft, and never seem to accept the Bengals invite to sign, could be corralled here. Possibles at WR include Austin Collie, Aaron Kelly, and Brooks Foster (love that name!). OL, LB, DB, and DL projects may also be addressed.

Well there you have it...a 2009 Bengals roster that (assuming Katie gets eveyone signed) will be much better at protecting our QB, pressuring theirs, and have much better athletes on ST.

Now, if we could only keep them healthy . . . .