Jeanty signs RFA tender

whizzo

Cincinnati Bengals linebacker Rashad Jeanty signed his $1.545 million restricted free agent tender today, his agent, David Canter, confirmed.

Per NFL.com, Jeanty recorded a career-high 96 tackles last season in 15 starts. He also forced two fumbles.

here's the story:

http://www.profootballtalk.com/2009/04/17/...signs-contract/

We will watch Jeanty have another better than average season only to have to price himself out of a contract extension the following season...

Yep. His replacement will be drafted before the 4th round next weekend. He's one of the guys on the defense that is much better than advertised and a reason the run defense was much better last season. One of the 3-4 teams will pay this guy a ton of cash next year.

I hope he does cash in next year, either here or elsewhere. He deserves it. Jeanty plays football with guts, heart, and determination. On top of that, his physical toughness is inmatched. In other words he's the anti-Chad.

I agree with you totally. The type of player a team needs to have. The glue. We need a few more tbh. Whilst being a little unfair on Jeanty as he is one of my favourite players on the team and isn't without talent:

First there are those who are winners, and know they are winners. Then there are the losers who know they are losers. Then there are those who are not winners, but don't know it. They're the ones for me. They never quit trying. They're the soul of our game.