Will there be anybody left to trade Chad with?

Dadraftnick

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

TJ and Solomon Wilcots talking about Ocho Cancer

http://www.nfl.com/videos?videoId=09000d5d80fd686f

Saw that. TJ needs to worry about TJ. And he needs to recgonize that not having Chad Ohecta y Cinco next to you is going to be a huge reality check

Another former Bengal taking shots at the team, once he goes to "greener pastures". I thought TJ had more class than that. Interesting to hear him say that he knew he wanted out last year. Carson Palmer made him and I think that he'll make Simpson and Caldwell equally good players, in due time.

TJ and Solomon Wilcots talking about Ocho Cancer

http://www.nfl.com/videos?videoId=09000d5d80fd686f

Saw that. TJ needs to worry about TJ. And he needs to recgonize that not having Chad Ohecta y Cinco next to you is going to be a huge reality check

Hold on buddy to be fair to TJ he was asked about Chad, he did not bring it up on his own and start talking about it. He doesn't play for the Bengals anymore so why should he hold his tongue, I enjoyed hearing it because you know when it's coming out of his mouth about Chad it's the truth. Hopefully he will be gone by the end of the next weekend or we need to start looking at Mike Brown on why he is still employing this distraction, the longer we have him the closer this stuff will be about throwing microphones in current players face about him. Let's just hope that we get rid of him by next weekend, he's not going to help the younger players when he doesn't want to be here. He's not going to go all out when he plays like everybody knows except the few disoriented Bengals fans that are still holding on. I'm still hoping that HairOnFire is right and that we will get a first round pick for the guy and turn that extra pick into a productive player. The way next week plays out will go along way toward how our next two seasons will play out.

I'm still hoping that HairOnFire is right and that we will get a first round pick for the guy and turn that extra pick into a productive player.

If you're going to quote me at least get what I'm saying right. Yeah, I've pegged the Bengals asking price far higher than most and I called the Eagles #28 slot my favorite trade Chad "fantasy", but I've also been pretty open about how I don't believe Chad will be traded. And on that note I'm still guessing there haven't been any trade talks with the Eagles, Raiders, or any other team you might care to name.

None, zip, nada, bupkis, etc.

I'm still hoping that HairOnFire is right and that we will get a first round pick for the guy and turn that extra pick into a productive player.

If you're going to quote me at least get what I'm saying right. Yeah, I've pegged the Bengals asking price far higher than most and I called the Eagles #28 slot my favorite trade Chad "fantasy", but I've also been pretty open about how I don't believe Chad will be traded. And on that note I'm still guessing there haven't been any trade talks with the Eagles, Raiders, or any other team you might care to name.

None, zip, nada, bupkis, etc.

I didn't quote you I paraphrased what you were saying Kool Moe Dee (lol), nothing was in quotes. Stop being defensive about everything; I swear I'm going to order you a mail order bride from Russia so you can take some of that agression out on somebody. Next time I will quote you so you can get some credit on my dream scenarios when they happen.

Solly with a new look...hair and glasses

"Chad called me today......Chad was crying.....wanting to know why everyone can get traded and get out except him"-TJ

"Chad wants out of Cincinnati in the worst way"-Solly

"I disagree with Dave Lapham...the only way half the team wants to drive Chad to the airport is if they could go with him"-TJ

Sounds like Chad isn't the only one unhappy here...I don't think TJ is being dishonest, maybe exaggerating a wee bit - but it's the same old, same old here.

"Chad called me today......Chad was crying.....wanting to know why everyone can get traded and get out except him"-TJ

"I disagree with Dave Lapham...the only way half the team wants to drive Chad to the airport is if they could go with him"-TJ

Sounds like Chad isn't the only one unhappy here...I don't think TJ is being dishonest, maybe exaggerating a wee bit - but it's the same old, same old here.

For some of these rich, single guys, Cincinnati is a boring place to be and I don't blame them. The city is a great place for people that have families and want a community to raise their children, but guys like Chad who live in south Florida in the off season have to absolutely dread having to come to Cincy in the winter time and then suffer losing season after losing season...all without a bubble to practice in!

Then you have Johnny Law breathing down you neck every chance he gets to boot...I'd probably want out too unless we started winning.

Edit: This was my post #2000! Woot! Woot!

Chad and us fans can want him out of here in the worst of ways, but it doesn't make it so and I still don't see Mike Brown moving him unless some crazy deal is placed at his feet. In all honesty, even if there was a great deal like that, there's nothing saying there's any interest in accepting.

I'm fully prepared to see Chad in stripes, Chad should be as well...

I didn't quote you I paraphrased what you were saying ....

To be fair you didn't actually quote me. Rather, you paraphrased incorrectly what you think I'm saying. If you'd just get it right I wouldn't care.

Stop being defensive about everything.....

Well, stop using the things you think I'm saying to make your points. because guys like you have a hard enough time getting across whatever point you're trying to make, let alone what others have said.

I swear I'm going to order you a mail order bride from Russia so you can take some of that agression out on somebody.

Just make sure she's very pretty, doesn't smoke, and can't speak a single word of English.

Did Chad want out in 2005? Winning cures everything and losing makes players wanna leave. What else is new? As for TJ, he's apparently trying to make a career out of bashing his former team, which is not real impressive. As for Chad, part of me enjoys the image of him on the phone to TJ in tears. I'm not proud of it, but there it is.

Scratch one more option. The Eagles just traded the 28th pick to Buffalo for Peters.

what sickens me is he was a undrafted TE who was molded into a all pro by ex Bengal coach Jim McNally

Well, if I had a dime for every player Paul Alexander molded......er.............................................never mind...

To be fair you didn't actually quote me. Rather, you paraphrased incorrectly what you think I'm saying. If you'd just get it right I wouldn't care.

Well, stop using the things you think I'm saying to make your points. because guys like you have a hard enough time getting across whatever point you're trying to make, let alone what others have said.

I swear I'm going to order you a mail order bride from Russia so you can take some of that agression out on somebody.

Just make sure she's very pretty, doesn't smoke, and can't speak a single word of English.

If you want one with a flat head you better order quick, there is only like one or two left...

As for Chad, part of me enjoys the image of him on the phone to TJ in tears. I'm not proud of it, but there it is.

Well, if we're now confessing feelings we aren't proud of I'll admit there's a part of me that actually wants to see Chad forced to play out every stinking day of his contract. No kidding, as much as I want him gone there remains a part of me that wants to see him humbled, discredited, physically and emotionally broken, and then discarded like an old rag when his contract expires.

I don't fully understand these feelings but I'm guessing it probably has something to do with my German ancestors.

If you want one with a flat head you better order quick, there is only like one or two left...

Flat headed women are nice but it's not a deal breaker. Because when push comes to shove you can always rest your drink on a nearby table.

As for Chad, part of me enjoys the image of him on the phone to TJ in tears. I'm not proud of it, but there it is.

Well, if we're now confessing feelings we aren't proud of I'll admit there's a part of me that actually wants to see Chad forced to play out every stinking day of his contract. No kidding, as much as I want him gone there remains a part of me that wants to see him humbled, discredited, physically and emotionally broken, and then discarded like an old rag when his contract expires.

I don't fully understand these feelings but I'm guessing it probably has something to do with my German ancestors.

Yeah, I'm with you there. If I had nothing invested in my opinion other than the idea of punishing Chad, that would be my best case scenario as well.

However, my first priority is for the Bengals to rebuild and be a contender. So while I can find some measure of joy in the other scenario... what I most want is for him to be gone.

Yeah, I'm with you there. If I had nothing invested in my opinion other than the idea of punishing Chad, that would be my best case scenario as well.

However, my first priority is for the Bengals to rebuild and be a contender. So while I can find some measure of joy in the other scenario... what I most want is for him to be gone.

How would you guys compare the Corey Dillon saga versus what's been happening the last two seasons with Chad? I remember watching Corey get viewed like he was playing for the opposite team his final season here. I know the "flipping burgers" comment was a kick to the groin, but was it worse than Chad in making the media rounds, bashing the team and then half assin' it on the field? I know that the idea of what Rudi could do as a featured back was a consideration, but it's interesting to think that Bengals fans were happy to see Corey go for a 2nd round pick (Madeiu Williams), while five years later many fans are demanding a 1st and a 3rd for Chad.

I want to see Chad gone more than just about anything else I can think of due to how I think it would positively impact this team.

I also think Chad is still worth a low first rounder and could care less about what he did stat wise last season with Fitzpatrick throwing the ball.

I'm not "demanding" a first and third for Chad and would be more than happy seeing him go for Oakland's 2nd and a smack on the ass.

Bottomline is, Chad is going to be in stripes this year. I was glad to see Mike Brown play hard ball with him last year, but the point was made.

Just move on from this mess and do what needs to be done in order to help this team. Sadly, I just don't see it happening...

I know the "flipping burgers" comment was a kick to the groin, but was it worse than Chad in making the media rounds, bashing the team and then half assin' it on the field?

I can't speak for anyone else but I consider Chad's antics to be far worse, mostly because I considered his attempts to talk his way off the team was disengenuous from the start, went on for months and months, and was then followed up by a gutless regular season performance. As for Dillon's burger flippin' remarks I can't seem to forget they were made prior to him getting what he wanted most. That being, more money. He still barked and whined after signing a new contract, but IMHO Dillon never seemed to approach the level of unprofessional behavior that now defines who Chad Johnson is. In fact, I can't think of many players who could.

I know that the idea of what Rudi could do as a featured back was a consideration, but it's interesting to think that Bengals fans were happy to see Corey go for a 2nd round pick (Madeiu Williams), while five years later many fans are demanding a 1st and a 3rd for Chad.

Well there you go. Corey was traded the moment it became clear there was another option who could not only adequately fill his shoes, but in fact....break almost all of his records. Conversely, the very reason I wouldn't budge from the asking price of a 1st and a 3rd now is because without an adequate replacement on the roster Chad is still worth that much to the Bengals.

They would be crazy to trade Chad Johnson. Fans are all over him because of 1 bad offseason. He has apologized for his actions and admitted that he was wrong in the way he handled things. It is funny how quickly 5 pro bowls and virtually every recieving record on this franchise are forgotten.

Winning will cure all. With the franchise of this organization healthy and hopefully a line to protect him the everyone will be talking once again how great the Ocho is. Team him with Coles on the other side which now gives us 2 legit deep threats and this offense will be more dangerous than it was with TJ.

They would be crazy to trade Chad Johnson. Fans are all over him because of 1 bad offseason. He has apologized for his actions and admitted that he was wrong in the way he handled things. It is funny how quickly 5 pro bowls and virtually every recieving record on this franchise are forgotten.

Winning will cure all. With the franchise of this organization healthy and hopefully a line to protect him the everyone will be talking once again how great the Ocho is. Team him with Coles on the other side which now gives us 2 legit deep threats and this offense will be more dangerous than it was with TJ.

No disrespect, but I'm not sure where you've been the last two seasons. Chad has openly admitted, even after his pre-season apology, that he longer wants to be here. To me, it's like any disgruntled employee; He/She will make an attempt to perform his/her job, because a paycheck is on the line. They will never give the maximum effort, or in Chad's case, dedicate himself the same way that he did from '01-'06. Marvin has even called him out on this, without saying his name specifically. At the end of the day, Chad won't be motivated to do all the things for the team that he did in his earlier years, thus reducing his production and never allowing him to reach the standard associated with his play, from when he was actually happy to be a Cincinnati Bengal. The time to close the chapter on Chad is now, if it wasn't last year. While he's still a good player, he will have a much better season on another team that he will here in '09. What bothers me most is that Dillon was here when Pickens was disgruntled, which turned into Dillon wanting out when we had a young Takeo, which led to Takeo asking to go to another team when we had an emerging Chad, which brings us to now. Maybe it's the curse of Paul Brown or a product of the Boomer/Klingler controversy in '92, but who knows.

All I want to know is...When, where and with whom will the cycle end?

It is funny how quickly 5 pro bowls and virtually every recieving record on this franchise are forgotten.

Actually, there's nothing funny about the way Chad has thrashed his own reputation, including tanking last season. And even though Chad has kept his mouth shut for the most part in recent weeks there's nothing funny about the way he's continued to use the now departed Housh as his ever complaining proxy. In fact, if you listen to TJs most recent interview on Total Access you can not only hear TJ admit how Chad tanked last season due to his "unhappiness"...(sniff).....but also the implied threat that Chad will tank it up again if he isn't moved.

On the plus side, TJ did argue in favor of Philly trading their remaining 1st round for Chad, claiming the move would instantly make the Eagles a championship contender.

"So give up the pick." --- TJ Housh

How would you guys compare the Corey Dillon saga versus what's been happening the last two seasons with Chad?

Apples and oranges. Chad lives to see himself on TV and Dillon did it only grudgingly. I'd more compare Dillon with TJ based on his BS appearance on that stupid fox show where he made a douche of himself. Otherwise, I always got the impression that Dillon would rather chew glass than talk to the media. Chad......not so much.

With the Eagles talking the possibility of trading for Boldin, you would have to think their other 1st rounder would be involved and completely take them out of consideration as a trade partner. Oakland seems to be the only last hope for a possible trade and the only thing in our favor there is that their owner is almost as f*cked as ours.

Chad will still be here this season...