Will there be anybody left to trade Chad with?

Dadraftnick

I don't know that Chad isn't the same player he once was but I would say his attitude sucked from the beginning last year and pretty much he didn't care. It's his attitude that's hurting his performance and the teams. Plus Ocho Cinco is getting older; therefore if they would do it I would trade him & maybe a 3rd for younger Braylon Edwards. Also are we all forgetting they took 2 WR's fairly earlier last year preparing for life without TJ & Chad.

Not sure I like your trade proposal (don't really want Braylon) but when I think about sending Chad to the Browns, I kind of like the idea! That rivalry has stagnated in recent years and nothing would rekindle it like sending Fredo up there to the Staph Factory. :lol: Seriously, I've become uncomfortably sympathetic towards the Browns and Cleveland in general. I could use a new reason to despise 'em!

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

All the things you mention as being leaked don't really matter in a tactical sense when it comes to the draft though. Like I said, if the point of trading Chad at this point is to get a low 1st and whatever else then we are targeting someone specific.

I disagree. If the Bengals are looking at this thing dispassionately they probably wouldn't consider trading Chad under any circumstances. Because teams don't trade #1 wideouts who demand double coverage unless they're forced to, right? So if there's to be a trade I doubt it's due to the Bengals targeting anyone specific. Rather, it would likely be an example of the team attempting to get whatever they could after concluding Chad had to be traded due to a poisoned relationship.

All these things say he is still disgruntled and has no reason to stop campaigning, yet he has stopped saying anything except fairly politley that he has no choice but to be a Bengal. All of these things point to a holding pattern that is centered around something he is either expecting to happen or waiting to see if happens.

There's a 3rd possibility. Chad got his ass handed to him last year by the much despised "monster" known as Mike Brown, and after holding his breath until he turned blue (tanking a season) now realizes that nothing has changed save for one thing. That being, Chad now realizes how badly he trashed his own reputation without getting anything in return. Furthermore, he probably realizes nothing has changed and a repeat of last years antics will only result in a repeat of last season, with a now publically ridiculed Chad being trotted out yet again to play the Z role in the Bengals offense.

All the things you mention as being leaked don't really matter in a tactical sense when it comes to the draft though. Like I said, if the point of trading Chad at this point is to get a low 1st and whatever else then we are targeting someone specific.

I disagree. If the Bengals are looking at this thing dispassionately they probably wouldn't consider trading Chad under any circumstances. Because teams don't trade #1 wideouts who demand double coverage unless they're forced to, right? So if there's to be a trade I doubt it's due to the Bengals targeting anyone specific. Rather, it would likely be an example of the team attempting to get whatever they could after concluding Chad had to be traded due to a poisoned relationship.

All these things say he is still disgruntled and has no reason to stop campaigning, yet he has stopped saying anything except fairly politley that he has no choice but to be a Bengal. All of these things point to a holding pattern that is centered around something he is either expecting to happen or waiting to see if happens.

There's a 3rd possibility. Chad got his ass handed to him last year by the much despised "monster" known as Mike Brown, and after holding his breath until he turned blue (tanking a season) now realizes that nothing has changed save for one thing. That being, Chad now realizes how badly he trashed his own reputation without getting anything in return. Furthermore, he probably realizes nothing has changed and a repeat of last years antics will only result in a repeat of last season, with a now publically ridiculed Chad being trotted out yet again to play the Z role in the Bengals offense.

Both points make sense and are probably just as likely (maybe more so) as a secretive trade. But I would think if it's obvious to us that Chad may have tanked, I would think it is to Marvin and MB. Would MB knowingly keep a player that is sabotaging the team just to spite him? He seems too cheap for that, but then again Chad does sell jerseys. If there's anything that this offseason has taught me, it's contempt for the offseason. Let get this shiot rollin!

Both points make sense and are probably just as likely (maybe more so) as a secretive trade.

But the Bengals don't have to negotiate secretly, do they? Everyone knows why Chad might be traded, trade rumors are already flying, and it's a virtual certainty Chad would welcome a trade to anywhere. Furthermore, by openly admitting you're willing to listen to trade offers a team increases the odds other bidders will become involved, especially if the rumored trade compensation is as modest as others suggest. And finally, if the Bengals were actually shopping Chad why wouldn't they allow Chad's agent permission to look for trading partners? Why not let him do the heavy lifting after telling him what you'll have to have in return?

I admit a lack of evidence isn't proof of anything and you could be correct about things going on behind the scenes. But I think it far more likely the lack of evidence is simply a predictable result stemming from a complete lack of activity.

As you get older, you have to work harder to get the same results. That's just life.

Marvin said over and over that Chad doesn't put the time into his craft that he used to.

Then he gets injured and production falls off, imagine that. :rolleyes:

Now fast-forward to this year... He didn't have surgery on his injury as requested by the Bengals, and he skipped the voluntaries. You do the math.

Chad plays the X, TJ played the Z or slot

Chad plays the X, TJ played the Z or slot

I stand corrected.

Scratch one more option. The Eagles just traded the 28th pick to Buffalo for Peters.

A very low first and two second day picks for a 27-year old Pro Bowl LT?

Either the Eagles are incredibly foolish for tossing loads of cash and trading picks for OTs (Andrews and now Peters) this offseason or we're incredibly dumb for letting two OTs that could've helped the team slip out of our grasps, while we possibly hope that Monroe/J. Smith/A. Smith are the answer...and for nearly the same price.

This won't end the Chad to Philly dream for some Bengals fans. They'll argue that Philly should give up their higher 1st round pick straight up for Chad, next.

Scratch one more option. The Eagles just traded the 28th pick to Buffalo for Peters.

Your hilarious! That was never an option, even if Mike Brown was open to it we are not getting a first round pick for Chad. Philly gave up their last of two first round picks for a 27 year old Pro Bowl left tackle, but you seriously think that a 31 year old wide receiver coming off an injured and down year is worthy of a first round pick too? Hopefully you will take off your rose colared glasses when it comes to dealing Chad. But hold on I'm like Madame Cleo I can read your mind, instead of the extra picks they threw in for Peters they are just going to give us a first round pick straight up for Chad. I can't get mad at you though we are both Bengals fans hoping for the best for our team.

A very low first and two second day picks for a 27-year old Pro Bowl LT?

A Pro Bowl LT who is demanding 10 million per after unofficially surrendering 9.5 sacks last season.

Two-thirds of the Pro Bowl vote belongs to the players and coaches and unless you live in Buffalo, fans aren't exactly "Circling the Wagons" for the Bills the way they did in the early 90's. The 10 million dollar salary will be an absolute drop in the bucket in 2 seasons for a premier LT. It's only about 3.4 million than the Bengals played Andrew Whitworth to play LG last season and it's less than half of the 22-25 million dollars in guarantees we'll give the #6 pick, as an unproven player.

I know it's water under the bridge at this point, just sayin.

The 10 million dollar salary will be an absolute drop in the bucket in 2 seasons for a premier LT.

Is that what Peters is, a premier LT? All I know is I have several friends who are passionate Bills fans and they talked about Peters last season in the exact same way we Bengal fans talk about Stacey Andrews.

The 10 million dollar salary will be an absolute drop in the bucket in 2 seasons for a premier LT.

Is that what Peters is, a premier LT? All I know is I have several friends who are passionate Bills fans and they talked about Peters last season in the exact same way we Bengal fans talk about Stacey Andrews.

Again, two-thirds of the vote is from players and coaches in the AFC and it's clear that the majority decided his play at LT was the best in the league, as a voted starter in the Pro Bowl. He was also a 2nd team All Pro behind only Jordan Gross at LT. If he's nearly as good as Gross, then it stands to reason why he'd ask for 10 million (Gross just signed for 6 years and 60 million, with 30 million guaranteed). To me, what makes it more impressive is that fact that he played on a team that is on par with Cincinnati, or maybe a half notch above. Remember, a guy like Willie Andreson who was considered amongst the best in his prime, didn't get league-wide recognition until the Bengals were competitive.

Considering the size and length of a contract the Eagles gave an injured Stacy, perhaps he wasn't used to the best of his ability here. Obviously, they would have to believe he can play better than he did last year and our own OL coach called him the best RT in the league. Sure, it doesn't excuse what I consider to be a poor season last year from Andrews, but it shows that NFL teams evaluate offensive linemen on more factors than just sacks allowed and much differently than the average fan does.

Whoa, hold on! "Fake poser"? Wouldn't that make him "legit"?

Fine. Let the permanent record show that James Brooks 21 is completely legit, but has a smelly vag.

Come on HairOnFire! You let me down with the elementary comeback "he has a smelly vag". If this was Around The Horn you would be in the negative

with that comeback; your joke comes off about as lame as Michael Richards (Kramer) attempt at stand-up. Who's keeping score on this panel? Please put a 1 by my name and a 0 next to his.

Come on HairOnFire! You let me down with the elementary comeback "he has a smelly vag".

Who are you to complain about anyone letting you down? You just went "rose-colored glasses" on me, and then followed that tired classic with a 20-year old Miss Cleo reference? So what's next, a Kurtis Blow joke?

Come on HairOnFire! You let me down with the elementary comeback "he has a smelly vag".

Who are you to complain about anyone letting you down? You just went "rose-colored glasses" on me, and then followed that tired classic with a 20-year old Miss Cleo reference? So what's next, a Kurtis Blow joke?

LMAO! You got me I quit, you must have went upstairs (basement) and got your mom to give you that last joke. I'm just playing you are the man, you always come with good quotes when you are arguing about something. I was just trying to get you going, have a good weekend and I will talk to you next week about the draft.

Can somebody that knows how to do polls please put up the poll,

Should we trade Chad Johnson?

Y _

N_

Because, I would like to see that poll, I would like the rusults of that poll forwarded to the Bengals.

I think that Mike Brown thinks Chad is ticket draw, I dont know one fan that wants us to keep him.

But, when has Brown EVER cared what the fans think?

I Have 4 Chad Johnson jerseys ,thats about $1,200 worth, of corse I didnt pay that much for them but it makes me sick to think about this guy.

I think if I heard that he was traded for a used jock strap and an empty gatorade bottle Id be happy.