• Jeremy Maclin (WR)
    • Andre Smith (OT)
    • Michael Oher (OT)
    • Brian Orakpo (DE)
    • Everette Brown (DE)
    • Rey Maualuga (ILB)
    • B.J. Raji (DT)
    • Other

(All of the above, as well as his decision to work with his shirt off)

Why because people are shocked at his moobies? even if the dude ran in his shirt on you'd see his boobies swaying side to side in the air as he ran he's fat everybody knows it but doesn't mean he can't play football hence 7 years of it...If Marvin wants to play Smash mouth football with a dominate running game then you take Andre SMith....if you wanna play more football like past 6 years you take Jason Smith and hope he adjusts quickly.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The definition of the slippery slope logical fallacy is as follows:

A person asserts that some event must inevitably follow from another without any argument for the inevitability of the event in question. In most cases, there are a series of steps or gradations between one event and the one in question and no reason is given as to why the intervening steps or gradations will simply be bypassed.

For an example of such logical fallacies in action... see below.

My main concerns with his actions is his lack of focus (Hiring an agent instead of focusing on the bowl game), discipline and responsibility (Leaving the combine early), and most of all his judgment (All of the above, as well as his decision to work with his shirt off)...

if this guy is some idiot who is going to be constantly making bad decisions then who is to say that he doesn't go out and do drugs, get a DUI

The definition of the slippery slope logical fallacy is as follows:

A person asserts that some event must inevitably follow from another without any argument for the inevitability of the event in question. In most cases, there are a series of steps or gradations between one event and the one in question and no reason is given as to why the intervening steps or gradations will simply be bypassed.

For an example of such logical fallacies in action... see below.

My main concerns with his actions is his lack of focus (Hiring an agent instead of focusing on the bowl game), discipline and responsibility (Leaving the combine early), and most of all his judgment (All of the above, as well as his decision to work with his shirt off)...

if this guy is some idiot who is going to be constantly making bad decisions then who is to say that he doesn't go out and do drugs, get a DUI

Displaying bad character is displaying bad character, no matter how smart you want to try and make it sound! We need to send him to Marine Corps Boot Camp like that Boxer who lasted a week I can't remember his name.....lol

His hiring an agent, his lack of discipline IN ONE INSTANCE at the combine, and working out without a shirt on equals what in the grand scheme of things ?? Next question... With "all that negativity" how did it impact his performance on the field ?? I'll tell you how impacted his play, it didn't. He came ready to play week in and week out and DOMINATED week in and week out. So the guy made a bad decision and has titties. Who gives a sh*t ??

Someone has to come at me with more than a bad decision (oh yeah, one that wasn't legal in nature) and something to make me question what he brings to the field before I will back down from my opinion about him not only being the best OT in the draft, but possibly the best overall player.

Displaying bad character is displaying bad character, no matter how smart you want to try and make it sound! We need to send him to Marine Corps Boot Camp like that Boxer who lasted a week I can't remember his name.....lol

Is it nice there in your black and white world?

Bad character is not bad character. All things are not equal. None of the things he has exhibited are the kinds of things he could earn a suspension or do jail time for. He simply acted in immaturity. And again... we're not asking this guy to do anything but block. None of his behavior has shown that he would be unable or unwilling to do so, as he is the very best at these skills in the entire draft.

Your concern about how his bad character will display itself in the future lacks any logical foundation, and you have yet to provide a logical basis for anyone to accept it... thus my post about your logical fallacy. And for your entertainment, I will leave you with a quote from Thomas De Quincey that properly illustrates your concern about Andre Smith

f once a man indulges himself in murder, very soon he comes to think little of robbing; and from robbing he comes next to drinking and Sabbath-breaking, and from that to incivility and procrastination. Once begin upon this downward path, you never know where you are to stop. Many a man has dated his ruin from some murder or other that perhaps he thought little of at the time.

I can't believe people are making an argument to not take the player thought to be the best in the draft for a LONG time because of man boobs and that he took his shirt off at his pro day. Seriously ?? There's nothing else you'd like to add to that arguement ?? How about his inability to pass block ?? Of his inability to run block ?? What's that ?? He dominated at both of those skill sets like no other OT in the draft ?? Then there must be something in his game tape that is flawed right ?? Uh, nothing to indicate anything other than pro bowl potential ?? Hmmmm...

Oh I got it, man boobs. F*ck that guy, lets draft the other guy that was for a LONG never considered in the same class of OT's as Mr. Man Boobs.

I get what's being said and think that the Bengals would be hard pressed to take Andre Smith over Jason Smith, but only due to the fact they wouldn't want to deal with the media bashing that would sure to come crashing down upon them the instant they made the pick. Bottomline is, I don't believe they have the balls to make the correct decision if this situation arises.

Funny thing is before the combine people would call you crazy for mentioning Jason over Andre..Everyone classed

Orakpo as a work out warrior but he was considered a top 10 pick before the combine yet praise Jason Smith who was considered the 3rd or 4th tackle before it....

Mike Brown loves skill position players, Carson has came out and said he would love it if the Bengals took Crabtree so if he's there I see the Bengals picking him and that's the way I voted but I hope to God we take an OT, so whoever ends up at QB isn't running for there life all year again. Also I would love for the Bengals to take Nate Davis if he's there in the later rounds 4-5 or even rnd. 3. as an insurance policy in case Carson gets hurt agan.