Cutler to the bears

Who does he have to throw the ball to there? his TE Olsen and Forte out of the backfield is the best receivers he has...and that isn't good. To top things off, they now don't have a first round draft pick to even get anyone. Their only shot at this point is to sign a guy like Tory Holt or Marvin Harrison, or make a trade for someone.

Give me John Tait or Olin Krutz and a pick for Chad and he is gone! I know Tait and Krutz are both 10+ year veterans but a guy like Krutz who plays center is the kinda guy that can start 15+ years in the NFL.

WOW!!! That makes them a legit super bowl contender now!!!

I am actually surprised they pulled the trigger so fast. I would have held out and made people up their offers. Would anyone here do this same deal for Carson?

Well Carson did turn 30 where cutlers quite abit younger isn't he?

Who does he have to throw the ball to there? his TE Olsen and Forte out of the backfield is the best receivers he has...and that isn't good. To top things off, they now don't have a first round draft pick to even get anyone. Their only shot at this point is to sign a guy like Tory Holt or Marvin Harrison, or make a trade for someone.

Ocho Cinco to the bears, sounds good to me.

bears got a steal!

my brother and sister are both bear fans and i immediately called both of them and said u finally got a f**kin QB lol.

I then called my uncle who's a broncos fan and he is pissed. he thinks they got rid of the best qb in the league for dick.

Who does he have to throw the ball to there? his TE Olsen and Forte out of the backfield is the best receivers he has...and that isn't good. To top things off, they now don't have a first round draft pick to even get anyone. Their only shot at this point is to sign a guy like Tory Holt or Marvin Harrison

At this point I wouldn't be surprised if either of these two ended up in Chicago.

Who does he have to throw the ball to there? his TE Olsen and Forte out of the backfield is the best receivers he has...and that isn't good. To top things off, they now don't have a first round draft pick to even get anyone. Their only shot at this point is to sign a guy like Tory Holt or Marvin Harrison

At this point I wouldn't be surprised if either of these two ended up in Chicago.

One major factor that the Bears have going against them in signing those guys, they play outdoors in Chicago. Holt and Harrison have both played their entire career with teams tat played in a dome. Huge difference playing at least 8 games a year in a climate controlled dome vs. playing in the wind and cold of Soldier Field.

bears got a steal!

my brother and sister are both bear fans and i immediately called both of them and said u finally got a f**kin QB lol.

I then called my uncle who's a broncos fan and he is pissed. he thinks they got rid of the best qb in the league for dick.

One of my good friends is a Bronco's fan and he's very unhappy right now....

One major factor that the Bears have going against them in signing those guys, they play outdoors in Chicago. Holt and Harrison have both played their entire career with teams tat played in a dome. Huge difference playing at least 8 games a year in a climate controlled dome vs. playing in the wind and cold of Soldier Field

Sounds like Chad would be a great fit after 7years in the AFC north ^_^

i dont understand how any of u can say this, i know for sure orton is better than cutler, no contest. please leave no insult comment until next year is finish then u can insult me moron or not :)

denver got those all draft and orton is very impressive to me, bears are moron

kyle orton got lousy offense player around him in bears and his qb rating is 79.6

jay cutler got good offense player around him in broncos and his qb rating is 86.0

not big different in that, and now orton in good offense team while cutler in lousy offense team, thats why i says orton will do better than cutler easily next year

just like dan marino in dolphins where they got lousy offense team, try imagine how many sb ring he would have if he play for 49ers at that time lol

i dont understand how any of u can say this, i know for sure orton is better than cutler, no contest. please leave no insult comment until next year is finish then u can insult me moron or not :)

kyle orton got lousy offense player around him in bears and his qb rating is 79.6

jay cutler got good offense player around him in broncos and his qb rating is 86.0

not big different in that, and now orton in good offense team while cutler in lousy offense team, thats why i says orton will do better than cutler easily next year

just like dan marino in dolphins where they got lousy offense team, try imagine how many sb ring he would have if he play for 49ers at that time lol

The Bears are my NFC team Dimster and I agree that Cutler will not be much of an improvment, but many Bears fans seem to think all that is needed to be a good passing team is a QB. I just dont see enough targets to throw to in Chicago for Cutler to have a real great year. Orton was becoming a solid QB for a defensive team, when he does not have to throw alot he will not lose the game for the team, but in Denver he is going to have to throw much more often and will probably take a few steps backwards in his growth as a QB.

I think Cutlers numbers will be a little better overall than Orton's, but I can also see Orton having more attempts and more yardage due to his new teams need to throw the ball more often.

cutler and orton are on an entirely different level. cutler has basically had to compensate for the total lack of defense for his entire starting career with the broncos - in games where the broncos D gave up 21 points or less, cutler's win/loss record is 13-1 (the one loss being favre hoisting it 82 yards deep on the first play of OT).

Seems as if everybody has forgotten that to complete a pass, you also need someone to run a good route, get open and catch it.

Orton now has much better WR's than Cutler does, and I dont think Cutler is good enough to make average (at best) WR's great. I do however think that the WR's in Denver will help Orton become a more effective QB.

The Bears had better win this season or next before the lack of draft picks catches up with them or this trade becomes a bust.

I have been a fan of the Bears for 30+ years and I am not excited or repulsed by this move, I just hope they are right and he can help them win more games.

I got to agree with the Dimster here. I live in the Boulder area and I think the local perspective seems to be that they got a serviceable QB and can now rebuild the defense with the draft picks they got. Whoever thinks that the Broncos didn't get enough for Cutler is kidding themselves. He is 17-20 as a starter (compared to 21-12 for Orton). Yes Cutler may have the better physical tools, but he is only one player and the Broncos will most likely begin trading their two first rounders to get multiple picks throughout the first three rounds. Remember McDaniels is a Belichik disciple and will probably treat drafts like his mentor. If the Broncos don't trade either of their first rounders look for them to draft DL with one or both picks because they have squat for DL right now.