Mock Draft Discussion Thread

• Replies 315
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Taking Cincy at #6 is too easy. (Monroe or Raji)

Trust me, there's nothing easy about it. Because the moment you announce to the world you're selecting the kid with man boobs, well......people immediately begin to point fingers and call you names.

:lmao:

Funny I was thinking the same thing. Taking the Bengals is FAR from easy and depending on who takes them, it could vary from about 6 different players. Maybe the idea I think I saw about having a poll in the main forum setup to let the forum decide who the Bengals pick at 6 would work. We could name 5-7 different players that have a legit shot of being taken at #6 and let the forum decide.

Taking Cincy at #6 is too easy. (Monroe or Raji)

Trust me, there's nothing easy about it. Because the moment you announce to the world you're selecting the kid with man boobs, well......people immediately begin to point fingers and call you names.

Funny I was thinking the same thing. Taking the Bengals is FAR from easy and depending on who takes them, it could vary from about 6 different players. Maybe the idea I think I saw about having a poll in the main forum setup to let the forum decide who the Bengals pick at 6 would work. We could name 5-7 different players that have a legit shot of being taken at #6 and let the forum decide.

That is an outstanding idea. If I had to list my players that they could choose it would be the following:

Raji (4)

Orakpo (1)

Monroe (2)

A. Smith (5)

Crabtree (4)

Magulaga (3)

Maclin (7)

Oher (6)

If we start the draft a little early is their a chance we can do the second round as well? That would be sick!

It's all a matter of getting the people who took a team to keep track of the board instead of having someone wait 3 days to make a pick, because they didn't remember. Usually not enough time though...

Surprised that nobody has jumped on Seattle yet. The next 3 picks could be directly affected by what they do. The good news is that we might know who our pick will be, based on what Seattle does, by 9pm Saturday night on the 25th.

Geez, I HATE this Saturday Night draft stuff. I think the ratings will be worse this year, as many semi-die hards will have to choose between family time, draft time and sleep...depending on how long the 1st round is. If they're going to do it like this, they should give each team 5-7 minutes, NBA draft style. Does anyone know how that's going to work? With the 1st round usually between 5-7 hours, the first day might not be over until around sunrise. depending on if it starts at 7 or 8pm.

EDIT: Sorry to get off track, but sign me up for another team, if it becomes available.

yeah i'm here daily so if another team becomes necessary i'll take . . . the giants at 29 . . . or whoever just give me a day so i can make an informed selection

I'm in, too. Not sure which teams are still available. GB? Oakland? Far be it from me to turn my nose up at any NFL GM position! :)

-- but like Baraka, it'd be good to have a little time to research my team.

yeah i'm here daily so if another team becomes necessary i'll take . . . the giants at 29 . . . or whoever just give me a day so i can make an informed selection

I'm in, too. Not sure which teams are still available. GB? Oakland? Far be it from me to turn my nose up at any NFL GM position! :)

Green Bay and Oakland are both available. Which one do you want ??

UPDATED AND BROUGHT OVER TO 3RD PAGE

ROUND ONE

1. Detroit (0-16) - ArmyBengal

2. St. Louis (2-14)

3. Kansas City (2-14)

4. Seattle (4-12)

5. Cleveland (4-12) - HAPPYJAQ

6. Cincinnati (4-11-1)

7. Oakland (5-11)- HairOnFire

8. Jacksonville (5-11)- BengalPimp

9. Green Bay (6-10)- Walrus

10. San Francisco (7-9)

11. Buffalo (7-9) - JungleD

12. Denver (8-8)- Kingwilly

13. Washington (8-8)- Baraka

14. New Orleans (8-8) - Spor_tees

15. Houston (8-8)- Kentjett

16. San Diego (8-8) - Whizzo

17. New York Jets (9-7)

18. Chicago (9-7) - redsbengalsbucks

19. Tampa Bay (9-6)- CentralOhioBengal

20. Detroit (from Dallas) (9-7) - ArmyBengal

21. Philadelphia (9-6-1)- Next_Season_Is_Our_Year

22. Minnesota (10-6) - Kazkal

23. New England (11-5)

24. Atlanta (11-5)

25. Miami (11-5)- Georgeoberer

26. Baltimore (11-5) - Wraith

27. Indianapolis (12-4)

28. Philadelphia (from Carolina) (12-4)- Next_Season_Is_Our_Year

29. New York Giants (12-4)

30. Tennessee (13-3)

31. Arizona (9-7) - Bengalszone Billy

32. Pittsburgh (12-4)

If it's still available I'll take Oakland.

If it's still available I'll take Oakland.

He mentioned Green Bay first and you got back with me first, so Oakland it is !!!

Done and done...

He mentioned Green Bay first and you got back with me first, so Oakland it is !!!

Done and done...

It doesn't matter much to me. If the Walrus prefers Oakland I'll happily trek to the frozen hinterland.

I think we are good...

Let it be noted on 02April2009 that HairOnFire gave generous thought and consideration to the wants and needs of another member of the board.

Some just won't believe it... :sure:

Done and done...

It doesn't matter much to me. If the Walrus prefers Oakland I'll happily trek to the frozen hinterland.

I think we are good...

Let it be noted on 02April2009 that HairOnFire gave generous thought and consideration to the wants and needs of another member of the board.

Some just won't believe it... :sure:

Maybe it's still April 1 in his time zone? :) GB works for me -- thanks Army! And Hair!

And let the permanent record show he was promptly insulted for having done so.

FWIW, whenever I second quess my behavior on this board I never wonder if I should have been nicer to somebody. Rather, I sometimes wonder why I passed up the killshot.

Anyways, I've been given the responsibility of drafting for the Raiders and it's not a task I take lightly. I hereby promise to research that teams draft needs, and to better channel my inner Al Davis I promise that when the time comes for me to make my picks I will do so while wearing a matching sweat pant and hoodless sweatshirt combo, as well as a pair of glasses featuring a sporty librarian chain, and at least one Depend brand adult diaper.