Mock Draft Discussion Thread

• Replies 315
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

are we doing two rounds?

Not to my knowledge. It was my understanding this was a 1st round draft only. Besides, I sincerely doubt we could get a second round completed before the actual draft starts on April 25th. It took well over a week just to get the 1st round over with!

are we doing two rounds?

Not to my knowledge. It was my understanding this was a 1st round draft only. Besides, I sincerely doubt we could get a second round completed before the actual draft starts on April 25th. It took well over a week just to get the 1st round over with!

True... can you imagine the real draft taking that long :death:

Yep, only the first round due to time constraints...

However, if we were going to do the 2nd round, the Detroit Lions would pick William Beatty, OT, UConn

Many believe Beatty to be a first round talent worthy of being considered with the best OT's in the draft talent and athleticism wise. He's been the starting LT ever since he got the shot (minus injury time in 2006). He's big, fast, and one of the few in the draft thought to be a true LT with the ability to come in and produce. He still has room to add weight and his few flaws are more than able to be coached up with little issue. His potential and upside are huge draws for NFL teams looking for that LT and his name could be called at the end of the first. The Lions WON'T pass if he's sitting there at the top of the 2nd.

So with their first 3 picks the Lions walk away with the best QB in the draft, one of the top 2 if not the best CB in the draft to help their defense, and a true LT to come in and allow the Lions o-line to shuffle around and utilize their talents properly.

Stafford, Davis, and Beatty would have to make Lions fans very happy !!!

With the 34th pick in the 2009 BENGALZONE MOCK DRAFT the New England Patriots select:

Ron Brace, NT, Boston College

The Patriots either need to play for this year, or start rebuilding - they have 8 starters (5 on 'D') in their final contract year. I think they start to rebuild / reload now. Those on their last year of their contract in 2009 include both Richard Seymore and Vince Woolfolk on the DL. Good NT's are hard to find, and the local product from BC is a high character guy and an immovable force who will require a double team on every play.

Others considered: Larry English, Rashad Johnson, Victor Harris, Evander Hood

im good with just doing the first round...I haven't been paying that close attention to who the chiefs would take in round two.

I'm good with just one round too, but if other members here feel obliged to keep it rolling up until draft day, far be it from me to stop it.

BINGO!! Called it.

With the 31st pick of the Bengalszone Mock Draft, Arizona selects...

RB Chris "Beanie" Wells from OSU!

With Edgerrin James not getting any younger, the Cardinals will be looking at running backs early in the draft, and with Wells still available at #31, there is no way they would let the BPA at RB go by.