Update on Chad Trade Options

Spor_tees

the giants won't go from burress to chad, and philly had owens a few years back, and he probably cured them from the hunger for a supremely talented but upset WR.

Bad comparisons, IMO. Chad has never had any problems with the law, so the Plaxico comparison is out the window. I also don't think you can compare Chad to TO. I truly believe that Chad just wants a change of scenery, and once he gets one he will be on his best behavior. TO has proven time and time again that he wears out his welcome wherever he goes. The book is still out on Chad, since he's been a Bengal his whole career, but I personally don't think he would be a problem.

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is the only other thing I've been able to find and the quote would certainly indicate to me that regardless of the Oakland rumor, Chad is looking to be moved:

Yahoo.com reported that Bengals president Mike Brown may or may not trade him and he was still a Bengal as of Monday. Yahoo.com also reported that the Bengals have been informed Ocho Cinco has lost his competitive spirit playing for them.

I found the above Yahoo.com quote on the official site: http://www.bengals.com/news/article-1/rese...f5-04c8cf985eff

Fargas is hurt every year because the Raiders are using him as a feature back, we have a 2 down back we could use Fargas as a change of pace back reducing his carries and hopefully keeping him upright. If they are balking at trading Bush I would take Fargas and a second in a heartbeat and Fargas might be a better fit since his style is different from Benson's

Oh and the reason I have 638 posts on this board is because I don't watch too much football.....georgeoberer.

Fargas is hurt every year because the Raiders are using him as a feature back, we have a 2 down back we could use Fargas as a change of pace back reducing his carries and hopefully keeping him upright. If they are balking at trading Bush I would take Fargas and a second in a heartbeat and Fargas might be a better fit since his style is different from Benson's

Oh and the reason I have 638 posts on this board is because I don't watch too much football.....georgeoberer.

You guys are smoking that Kentucky Bluegrass if you think we are going to get a bottom first round pick or anything close to that for Chad; the best in my opinion the Bengals will get for him is a third round pick. He's over thirty, coming off a mediocre year last year but you can still factor in the backup quarterback thing for that, and don't give me that Redskins stuff from last year teams have smarted up to his act. Has only had double digit touchdowns one year, tends to drop the ball a lot once he gets by the touchdown and tends to disappear during big games. Third round material at best right now, please everybody at once step away from the doobie and come to reality we are not getting anything better then a third round pick and maybe a late round pick thrown in for that diva. I would take that third round pick and maybe a seventh round pick and run with that, the Bengals have so many holes to fill that getting that offer would be like Christmas. You could also package some of those picks and move up if you see a stud left on the board that you really wanted. He doesn't want to be here like T.J. said and the fans have tired of him, make this go away and we can have a training camp about football rather then a zoo looking for a scoop on what Chad will do. I honestly think Carson will benifit from him being gone like when Jeremy Shockey got hurt in New York, would have a better year sans Chad and his act.

We responding to a variety of internet reports that the Raiders have offered a second plus a player (believed to be Michael Bush) for Chad, I guess we would put you in the "go for it" category.

Yeah I'm not trying to kill the messenger, but I just don't believe any story that says we are getting anything above a third round pick for him. I want him to be gone though, I'm tired of hearing about him when he got on t.v. last year and acted like a damn fool demanding his way out of here he lost me from there. I'm done with him he made a valid point about upgrading through free agency but to me he s**tted on the fans too that support him by publicly demanding out of here and talking how he would love to play for Miami and Dallas while still being under contract here. I don't care if he said he loves the fans it sounds like he is trying to put lipstick on a pig when he does that.

I doubt that we get it both ways. If you want "fair" compensation for chad in a trade, he isn't leaving. Teams know that chad will be a bigger distraction the longer he is with the Bengals. I wouldn't doubt it if they are low balling us in trade talks to see how desperate we are to rid of him. It seems as though the bigger the distraction the worst chad performs. Say chad has another year like last and the Bengals then decide they don't want him anymore. Another team could get him for a very low pick and then not have to pay him as much since he had two bad years in a row. Then i think he will pull a Dillon and have his best year and go to win the super bowl.

You guys are smoking that Kentucky Bluegrass if you think we are going to get a bottom first round pick or anything close to that for Chad; the best in my opinion the Bengals will get for him is a third round pick. He's over thirty, coming off a mediocre year last year but you can still factor in the backup quarterback thing for that, and don't give me that Redskins stuff from last year teams have smarted up to his act. Has only had double digit touchdowns one year, tends to drop the ball a lot once he gets by the touchdown and tends to disappear during big games. Third round material at best right now, please everybody at once step away from the doobie and come to reality we are not getting anything better then a third round pick and maybe a late round pick thrown in for that diva. I would take that third round pick and maybe a seventh round pick and run with that, the Bengals have so many holes to fill that getting that offer would be like Christmas. You could also package some of those picks and move up if you see a stud left on the board that you really wanted. He doesn't want to be here like T.J. said and the fans have tired of him, make this go away and we can have a training camp about football rather then a zoo looking for a scoop on what Chad will do. I honestly think Carson will benifit from him being gone like when Jeremy Shockey got hurt in New York, would have a better year sans Chad and his act.

I think you have been smoking the grass. Honestly, I can see where you get your thoughts from, but I believe you are dead wrong and at the end of the season you will be pulling your foot out of your mouth. Based on the season he had do you think we can call Carson washed up as well?

I don't get what you are gettting at; Carson only played in four games last year I don't get where you are asking if he is washed up because he only played four games last year you lost me on that one or if you are comparing him to Chad. I don't think Chad is washed up I just think his effort is not there for the Bengals anymore. I would love to pull my foot out of my mouth because I'm a fan of the Bengals and ultimely want them to win and Chad to have a career year and what ever. But I don't think I will have to do that when it comes to Chad, let the Bengals get off to a slow start and just stand back and wait on what transpires. Chad at times to me needs the same treatment that Davis got from San Francisco, would rather play with 10 then to play with him and his nonprofessional self at times. You keep believing in Chad though maybe he will come around for you but if I was a betting man you know where my money would lay, even T.J. flat out said that Chad does not want to be here anymore. Do you think T.J. said that to be negative? No he has no desire to be here anymore and with no desire to be somewhere do you think that he is going to give full effort? I want the best for the Bengals but I'm not drinking the kool aid either when it comes to Chad Ohco Cinco, that Kool Aid your drinking about Chad is laced with cyanide.

Why are you guys busting on those who smoke weed?

Because I'm telling you, I could smoke that sweet stuff from morning to midnight and never say anything as stupid as JB21's rant about the Bengals getting no better than a 3rd rounder for Chad.

No disrespect intended, but that's some stupid s**t....and especially so if written WITHOUT the help of drugs.

You just have to wonder if the value of Chad right now is closer to that of Randy when he was traded from Oakland or Roy Williams last year, as disgruntled Pro Bowl-caliber WRs wanting out of what they perceived to be "losing" situations. I think it's probably somewhere in the middle of the two.

Who knows what Chad could bring in a trade? I've got my opinion, you've got yours, and so on. All I really know for sure is JamesBrooks21 is pie-eyed.

That said, I heard John Clayton yammering about the trade value of Braylon Edwards, Anquan Boldin, and Chad Johnson just last week and Clayton quessed the trade value of all three players was roughly equal. Yup, all three were said to be worth...(wait for it)....a 1st and 3rd.

There were qualifiers however.

Clayton claimed Cleveland had already been offered that much several weeks ago, by the Giants, and had turned it down. Meanwhile, Arizona wasn't even listening to offers....making speculation about Boldin's value almost meaningless. Finally, Clayton assumed Cincinnati would agree to take less than the others for Chad, but had neither offered him in trade to any team nor had they recieved any calls. Clayton further speculated the Giants would attempt to renew their attempts to trade for Edwards on draft day and if rebuffed MIGHT give Cincy a call.

Who knows what Chad could bring in a trade? I've got my opinion, you've got yours, and so on. All I really know for sure is JamesBrooks21 is pie-eyed.

That said, I heard John Clayton yammering about the trade value of Braylon Edwards, Anquan Boldin, and Chad Johnson just last week and Clayton quessed the trade value of all three players was roughly equal. Yup, all three were said to be worth...(wait for it)....a 1st and 3rd.

Clayton claimed Cleveland had already been offered that much several weeks ago, by the Giants, and had turned it down. Meanwhile, Arizona wasn't even listening to offers....making speculation about Boldin's value almost meaningless. Finally, Clayton assumed Cincinnati would agree to take less than the others for Chad, but had neither offered him in trade to any team nor had they recieved any calls. Clayton further speculated the Giants would attempt to renew their attempts to trade for Edwards on draft day and if rebuffed MIGHT give Cincy a call.

And Clayton is also the Cryptkeeper.

I've read elsewhere that the Giants offer for Edwards was the 2nd they got from NO for Shockey plus a 5th. Not surprised Cleveland didn't bite. Edwards is probably worth more than Chad since he's 5 years younger.

what i read is that the giants offered a 2nd, a 5th and either domenik hixon or mario manningham for edwards. cleveland wanted a 2nd, a 5th and steve smith.

Well, here we go again. <_<

Clayton pegged the value of all three wideouts at a 1st and a 3rd, and despite the qualifiers mentioned I'd say that's pretty cut and dried. But start adding players into the mix rather than straight draft picks and the value waters get muddy pretty quickly.

For example, I'm guessing the combined value of Steve Smith, a 2nd, and a 5th is actually far greater than a straight 1st and 3rd...prompting the Giants to say no deal. As for their counteroffer, it doesn't look like nearly enough...prompting Cleveland to pass. And that's where things were left, according to Clayton, with the high probability both teams will try again on draft day. As for Cincy, if they actually did get a call, unlike Cleveland they don't need another wideout included in the trade return. In fact, they'd probably prefer draft picks over any marginal players added as trade sweetners.

Frankly, we can chase this thing around all day if you want but NOTHING about any of this brings me any closer to thinking Chad's value is a single 3rd round pick. In fact, all I'm left with is Clayton's remarks about Chad's trade value being EXACTLY what I've claimed for months.

Then again, I'm probably high, right?