Update on Chad Trade Options

Spor_tees

The guy who reported the Chad trade on The Bleacher Report is a blogger named Kushy Williams. It was also his very first post. Here in Louisville, there has been no news on a Michael Bush trade to Cincinnati and this would be VERY big news here, if it was indeed true. I guess we'll have to stay tuned but it looks unlikely, IMO.

All that said, trading Chad for a young, stud RB and the Raiders high 2nd round pick would be an AWESOME deal for the Bengals. I'd be beside myself if we got our RB of the future in Bush, while still having a high 1st, two high 2nds and two 3rds.

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Chad wont pass a physical, he's got a torn labrum that he didnt get fixed

I know that I torn my rotator cuff last year and I was told that I wouldn't require surgery. Their are three tendons that attach the shoulder to the rest of you body and I think he tore one of those three. I have some weakness in it, but for the most part it doesn't affect me. It took like eight months for it to come back, but it did get back to normal. So I am not so sure he needs surgery!

you maybe correct, from what I've heard a torn rotator cuff is worse than a torn labrum, my nephew plays DE for the Villanova Wildcats and he had torn labrum surgery and it took him about 4 or 5 months to get cleared to get back to practice, but a DE must engage every play so he had to have the surgery, girly boy Chad steps out of bounds at every opportunity anyway

that deal with the raiders would be great but i think its inaccurate.

if bush didn't break his leg he would have been a first rounder, if not a top ten.

and the thought of adding another top 100 selection also makes me feel warm inside, that would be 5 picks in the first 100, if we can't fix what ails us with that knd of ammo it will never happen.

i also agree with army, even if ocho psycho does get traded it does necessarily mean we are locked into taking a WR at 6.

i also agree with army, even if ocho psycho does get traded it does necessarily mean we are locked into taking a WR at 6.

Coles, Henry, and Caldwell/Simpson is still better than what most teams have.

The Bengals are too well known for wanting loads of WR's... so yeah. Even with a Chad trade, I'll be pissed about taking Crabtree of Maclin at #6. It's just not the greatest need on the team.

If they absolutely feel a need to draft a WR to replace Chad, I say try to trade down... that would give the Bengals three 2nd round picks. If they have that many, I'm not upset about drafting a WR anymore.

But it seems unlikely to have 6 picks on the first day. A wonderful dream... but ultimately too good to be true.

More from Kushy Williams, whose credibility and "sources" are now being questioned:

Quote:

Todd France is one of my best friends who happens to be Michael Bush's Agent. I was with him today when he got the call. This was the only place i can post this big news. But whatever if you feel this way about my news, i will make sure to never post here again. I am sorry i am not a reporter, but you will see monday that this is no B.S.

Quote:

When he found out the news we rushed to meet up with Bush. When we got there Tom Cable was there talking to Bush. Todd asked him why? He replied Mcfadden was the future and that he can be a number 1 there and it's better for him. Also that receiver was a big need. He explained that the trade works for both. He also said they need to stop the run. That's why i think he might pick a defender with the 7th pick. If you have problem accepting this trade then stop offending me, because i already said this is my last post.

Quote:

My sources are Todd France and his brother. We grew up together in Atlanta. I moved to the bay area 4 years ago. Todd was busy reconstructing Alex Smith's Contract and decided to stay for a couple weeks to take some time off before the draft. Todd took a plane last night out of Oakland and is busy right now dealing with the commission, so the only way for me to find out whats going on right now is to contact his brother. Since last night we haven't found out much, but i can tell you it's for real. I also heard Chad Johnson was excited to be a raider. Also if you don't believe me, ask YOUR SOURCES IF AL CALLED FOR THEM TO COME IN MONDAY. He called all his reporters to come in. Why would he do that if there was no news to report. Anyways i told you i am not a reporter, so i might not be able to sell you this story like a pro. I am not good at grammar, but i was at the right place at the right time. I thought everyone would be excited, but i guess this is a site where you guys just bash on people with no proof. My proof Chad Johnson was seen at Oakland International this morning. But whatever you guys all have better sources. So lets find out about the trade when he shows up to training camp on Monday like always

More from Kushy Williams, whose credibility and "sources" are now being questioned:

Quote:

Todd France is one of my best friends who happens to be Michael Bush's Agent. I was with him today when he got the call. This was the only place i can post this big news. But whatever if you feel this way about my news, i will make sure to never post here again. I am sorry i am not a reporter, but you will see monday that this is no B.S.

Quote:

When he found out the news we rushed to meet up with Bush. When we got there Tom Cable was there talking to Bush. Todd asked him why? He replied Mcfadden was the future and that he can be a number 1 there and it's better for him. Also that receiver was a big need. He explained that the trade works for both. He also said they need to stop the run. That's why i think he might pick a defender with the 7th pick. If you have problem accepting this trade then stop offending me, because i already said this is my last post.

Quote:

My sources are Todd France and his brother. We grew up together in Atlanta. I moved to the bay area 4 years ago. Todd was busy reconstructing Alex Smith's Contract and decided to stay for a couple weeks to take some time off before the draft. Todd took a plane last night out of Oakland and is busy right now dealing with the commission, so the only way for me to find out whats going on right now is to contact his brother. Since last night we haven't found out much, but i can tell you it's for real. I also heard Chad Johnson was excited to be a raider. Also if you don't believe me, ask YOUR SOURCES IF AL CALLED FOR THEM TO COME IN MONDAY. He called all his reporters to come in. Why would he do that if there was no news to report. Anyways i told you i am not a reporter, so i might not be able to sell you this story like a pro. I am not good at grammar, but i was at the right place at the right time. I thought everyone would be excited, but i guess this is a site where you guys just bash on people with no proof. My proof Chad Johnson was seen at Oakland International this morning. But whatever you guys all have better sources. So lets find out about the trade when he shows up to training camp on Monday like always

Well if the dude is right about nothing else, it's that we'll find out Monday.

Skipping program may cost Ocho Cinco
Comment Email Print Share
By James Walker
ESPN.com
Archive

At the current rate, receiver Chad Ocho Cinco will lose a lot of dinero from the Cincinnati Bengals.

According to Ocho Cinco's contract, the five-time Pro Bowler will squander a workout bonus of $250,000 for not participating in this year's offseason program. Most players are required to take part in at least 80 to 90 percent of the voluntary program to earn workout bonuses. Ocho Cinco was absent through the first week of the Bengals' program, which began on March 30.

This is the second consecutive year Ocho Cinco has been a no-show for the Bengals. Last year he made numerous trade demands before showing up for mandatory sessions. The Bengals are unsure about Ocho Cinco's current motives, but his willingness to risk losing a quarter-million dollars could be another sign of unhappiness.

"I'm not worried about him," Bengals starting quarterback Carson Palmer said last week. "I'm worried about the guys we have here."

Ocho Cinco, 31, is coming off one of his worst pro seasons, in which he had only 53 catches for 540 yards and four touchdowns. He also was deactivated for a November game against the Pittsburgh Steelers for violating a team rule.

The Bengals finished 4-11-1 last season.

James Walker covers the AFC North for ESPN.com.

Chad Johnson Article

This makes me think that Chad is gone. He said in his interview at the Super Bowl that he would be here for all the workouts, yet now he has missed enough of them to lose a $250,000 bonus. Makes me believe that the Bengals pulled him aside and side, "Look Chad as long as you say all the right things and don't cause us a huge headache this offseason, we will trade you. If you continue to be a pain in our ass and drive your price down because you are pictured as a malcontent that is forcing us to trade you, we will hold you to the remainder of your contract."

Chad has been quiet all off season and said all the right things, so now he is getting traded.

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Thanks for posting that. I was going to do the same thing, but had to go take care of some things.

Can you believe I had to put off Bengalszone to do something else on my weekend ?? There should be a law against that...

Anyway, the seems pretty confident and for it being his first post there, his credibility would be absolutely SHOT and wouldn't be given a second thought in the future if he's wrong. All of that doesn't make it right, but I am REALLY hoping this guy is right !!!

Tomorrow can't get here soon enough !!!

PFT is saying the report is "bogus" based on the post being labeled as "humor". I have been looking in so many places to find out if this has any merit and can recall seeing somewhere that it was moved from it's original place to be given the "humor" tag, but can't remember where I now saw that. Sorry...

Anyway, how any of the report could be considered as "humor" is beyond me when the guy has made the attempt to come back and argue his point when others have been bashing the hell out of him.

I'm still holding out hope and will wait to see what happens tomorrow unless I see something sooner...

A healthy Bush is equal to a first round draft pick. He is an incredible athlete and is 2 years removed from surgery w/ no set backs. Correct me if I'm wrong but I believe he was Mr. Kentucky football and basketball. I'm looking at it as getting a low first and a high second for a 31 year old WR that has been nothing but a cancer for the last 2-3 years. Having Ced and Bush splitting carries and James adding the change of pace back would turn our backfield from a weak area to an area of strength. We need to make it happen.

I hope so. We have two young WRs who we're all hoping will develop into important players for us and we need to open a new chapter. Get the silly twat away from the team. Getting a RB who isn't without talent in return is gravy. Coles won't replace the production that TJ and Chad (if he does finally f**k off) had but he'll give the other guys on the team some breathing room.

as much as i like chad (yeah i said it), this might be a pretty sweet deal. bush and benson could be a great tandem, and the extra 2nd will allow us to draft a quality DE and C early, freeing up the third round for MLB or other needs.