In my mind it's official. If he's there the pick is BJ Raji

walzav29

I just can't see where the Lions pass on Stafford, but getting back to the Bengals, I wouldn't mind the Raji pick, but think it's less needed than it was last year and could easily see them pissing off many (not me) and selecting Andre Smith at #6.

Throw me in the group that would not be pissed off by this. Honestly, outside of a "can't refuse" type trade offer, this seems like a best case scenario to me.

I'm pretty interested by this. How would you feel about trading down with Denver and picking up their 2nd or possibly a 3rd and 4th/5th (not sure how the trade value stacks up), if Andre Smith is still on the board?

In this draft, I'd be all for any trade down to the middle of the 1st that nets the Bengals any early-round pick(s) to move. On the flip side, how would you feel about the Bengals going up to get, say, Aaron Curry as the "safest" pick in the draft?

I'm not as big a fan of Curry as many. Not because he I think he's bad... but because he isn't where I'm looking for an upgrade. I want a defender who is going to help more with the pass rush... so I'm not really interested in trading up... especially considering what the Bengals would have to give up (a 1st, 2nd and 4th) to move from 6th to 3rd. Not worth it in my mind.

That said, if the Bengals decide to trade down with the Broncos with Smith still on the board... I'm fine with it. I understand the risk involved, and that the Bengals front office can't really handle a mistake if Smith does end up having serious character issues (even though I doubt it).

Besides, trading down with the Broncos gives the Bengals more first day picks to play with. Frankly, with the number of holes they are looking to fill with draft picks this year, the more day 1 picks they can get, the better.

Depnds on the drug. Weight loss or weed, and I say look at Warren Sapp in 95. Would rather of picked KiJana or Warren Sapp? If it's anything else. We have to pass. If Monroe, Smith, or Orakpo aren't available than Crabtree. Puuke, but I think he' sa lock and everyone after those guys is 50/50

On ESPNNews, John Clayton just said that NFL teams were made aware of this already and it won't affect his status as a Top 10 pick in the draft, although the potential character red flags are noted. He seems perfect at #6 for the Bengals.

As it stands, we're the only team in the AFC North that doesn't have a dominant interior defensive lineman.

On ESPNNews, John Clayton just said that NFL teams were made aware of this already and it won't affect his status as a Top 10 pick in the draft, although the potential character red flags are noted. He seems perfect at #6 for the Bengals.

As it stands, we're the only team in the AFC North that doesn't have a dominant interior defensive lineman.

Agreed. The perfect scenario is if Denver wants to trade up to land Sanchez, rather than have him slip to Jacksonville. The positive drug test may push Raji to 12. I would roll the dice if Denver would part with one of their third rounders. That would enable them to land Raji AND address the tackle and center situation.

However, a more likely trading partner for Denver would be Oakland, because they know that we will not take a qb.

However, a more likely trading partner for Denver would be Oakland, because they know that we will not take a qb.

No way Oakland trades spots with Denver. Same division and bad blood forever.

Plus they couldn't get Crabtree at that spot. It will cost just about the same to go to our spot, but it won't be to a division rival!

No way Oakland trades spots with Denver. Same division and bad blood forever.

Plus they couldn't get Crabtree at that spot. It will cost just about the same to go to our spot, but it won't be to a division rival!

Stop confusing me with the facts...

I heard John Clayton say that the Bengals will sign Tank Johnson on Monday so I doubt Raji is going to be the Bengals pick along with the positive test for Mary Jane. I know Tank has got some character flaws, but hey Benson seemed to work out well and Tank will be a lot cheaper than Raji. I still want the Bengals to trade with Denver and trade down for 12 and another pick and then trade Chad for a late first or early second. If the Bengals do sign Tank I really think it opens up the draf for the Bengals.

I heard John Clayton say that the Bengals will sign Tank Johnson on Monday so I doubt Raji is going to be the Bengals pick along with the positive test for Mary Jane. I know Tank has got some character flaws, but hey Benson seemed to work out well and Tank will be a lot cheaper than Raji. I still want the Bengals to trade with Denver and trade down for 12 and another pick and then trade Chad for a late first or early second. If the Bengals do sign Tank I really think it opens up the draf for the Bengals.

Yeah, it's looking more and more like Andre Smith or Eugene Monroe if he drops to #6. Michael Oher could be another possibility. A Peko/Sims/Tank/Shirley rotation could be pretty solid.

Having Tank Johnson would make drafting BJ Raji a bad move , they would have no room for him.

If Johnson does what I think he will ,he will have a much better year that Raji .

Tank Johnson had 18.5 tackles and 10 sacks from the DT position , if he did not have all the character questions he would have been a top 10 pick.

If you look at what he did at Wash. he looked much better than Raji has looked a B.C. and there is the character questions about Raji, he may have tested positive for Mary Jane.

So , you may be getting Johnson after he has finaly grown up VS. getting Raji before he has grown up.

In my mind it is official. The Bengals will take whatever OT falls to them. In this order

J. Smith

E. Monroe

A. Smith

They signed Tank and they know that if they want to run and protect Palmer.

I wish I could be as sure as you are. We are talking about the Bengals. I remeber the year they took Perry in the first and were in desperate need at help on defense. I know the story is they hadn't locked up Rudi at that point but if I remeber correctly he was still a bengal no matter what the following season. If they were going back to best player availble or need at rb, they did have Jackson fall in their laps and passed on him. Then I think of last year and I do like Rivers but they sat on their hands and the Saints swooped in and took their DT.

I want a OT so bad in the first round for the Bengals, and even A.Smith head case or not. performs on the field. I have a bad feeling that of those 3 only A. Smith will be there at 6 and the Bengals will pass on him and use the excuse of why they didn't draft him because of him leaving the combine, his agent problems and him running shirtless (that was gross) at his pro day. The Bengals will go another direction and take a rb or a wr and leave all the fans with their jaws hanging open again.

I will be watching the draft, with my fingers crossed, repeating OT,OT over and over again when its the Bengals pick at 6 and hope it works. On picks 1-5 I will be repeating no J. Smith, no J. Smith who knows it might work.