The Hines Ward special is now illegal!

walzav29

As for what I'd like to see happen next start with my desire to see Hines Ward blasted into near unconciousness by a Bengal player delivering a perfectly fair and legal hit. And then I'd like to see several Bengal players deliver a series of late hits toWard's knees and head as he's being helped off the field by other Steeler players, trainers, and medical support staff.

:cheers::sure:

I would youtube it, and watch it over and over again.

Fair enough, it's still my opininon on that one. I'm not familiar with the mouth guards they use, but if I'm thinking they are like the ones boxers use, do they really provide enough protection to keep your jaw from getting busted ?? I just wouldn't think so, but I'm not the authority on the matter...

I'm not sure either but the only time i've ever messed up my jaw in football is when i used gum instead of a mouth guard. Trust, your jaw locks up when you get hit even slightly under the chin with no guard in. Thats just my experiance though.

For the 1st time I watched the hit on hi-def. I paused it, and it is 100% certain that Hines helmet went right into Keith Rivers jaw. It does make sense that he hit him like that, because how the hell do you break a jaw with a shoulder to shoulder hit? It was dirty. I thought he just shoulder 2 shouldered him, but he didn't. F Hines.

For the 1st time I watched the hit on hi-def. I paused it, and it is 100% certain that Hines helmet went right into Keith Rivers jaw. It does make sense that he hit him like that, because how the hell do you break a jaw with a shoulder to shoulder hit? It was dirty. I thought he just shoulder 2 shouldered him, but he didn't. F Hines.

I saw the exact same thing and feel the exact same way, but I can't say as I'm concerned. Others feel differently and that is cool to, I just think it was foul.