Season Ticket Owners Only Please

Bearcat1975

If you knew the Bengals wouldn't make the playoffs for the next 5 years  

8 members have voted

1. 1. Would you get rid of your season tickets?

• yes
    • no

would you get rid of your tickets even if it meant eating the cost of your COA?

:o

I answered "Yes", but should have answered "Kind of".....my brothers and I have gone from 8 tickets (Riverfront) to 6 tickets (PBS) to 4 tickets (2004) to sharing 2 tickets (2008).

We see no light at the end of idiot-Mikey's tunnel. :angry:

Obviously me being in the Marines Corps hurts my chances of being able to have season tickets, but I go to any game within 400 miles from me. I went up to Buffalo in 2007 when Chad got hurt. I wouldn't give up my tickets. If you are a fan, you are a fan. You can't just quit on the team, all it takes is for our owner to get a few things right and we will be back in playoff contention. If it wasn't for a string of bad decisions and horrible luck they could be a perennial playoff team.

For me nothing is more frustrating that watching this team underacheive...and if I'm going to do that I will do it from home and not pay the $690 a year that I currently am paying. I will always be a fan but I will also use the only power that I have to tell Mikey to shove it up his **s. That power is the choice to renew season tickets or not. At some point in time you have to stop throwing good money after bad money. It's that simple.

There is a difference as Bengals fans that most teams in the NFL do not share and that is that more often than not our team WILL NOT be competitive. This is due to Mikey's approach to running the team. Mikey aims to be competitive which more often will yield bad results. However, most teams aim to be the best which makes them competitive some to most of the time.

I've now seen what Mikey can do with a bad team...and unfortunately we've seen what he can do with an excellent team. The man instills no confidence in me that the Bengals will ever be routinely competitive. Because of that I will choose to save my money and watch them on TV.

For me and my sanity, I have decided not to renew after this past year and I don't think I'll regret it.

One thing I will say about this is that I, for quite some time, have waited for the day I retired from the Army and moved my family back to Cincinnati. That move back to Cincinnati was surely going to include two season tickets for my son and I, just as my father and I had when I was a young boy.

What I have learned over time is along the same line that Hokie has stated above. I will support the Bengals from home with the occasional trip down to the stadium to catch a game or two each season until the philosophy of the team changes or a certain individual ceases to own the team.

I'm not one to tell a fan how to be a fan...or even a season ticket holder what to do with his/her money. However, I find it interesting that Cincinnati is probably one of the very few, if not only, places where winning doesn't really matter all that much. 5 years not going to the playoffs? Why the hell would I even bother watching the games then? Isn't that why teams play? So they can make the playoffs and try to win it all?

In any other city, this poll is a joke. (Well, minus a couple of teams.)

I find it funny how we criticize Mike Brown so much in this town for not trying his hardest to bring a winner when at the same time the city as a whole doesn't really think it's deserving of winning. I love this town but the overall attitude and "want" to be the best is very much lacking.

I'm not one to tell a fan how to be a fan...or even a season ticket holder what to do with his/her money. However, I find it interesting that Cincinnati is probably one of the very few, if not only, places where winning doesn't really matter all that much. 5 years not going to the playoffs? Why the hell would I even bother watching the games then? Isn't that why teams play? So they can make the playoffs and try to win it all?

I find it funny how we criticize Mike Brown so much in this town for not trying his hardest to bring a winner when at the same time the city as a whole doesn't really think it's deserving of winning. I love this town but the overall attitude and "want" to be the best is very much lacking.

I used to call them "Enablers." No matter what s**t sandwich Mike Brown was serving up, these "fans" were always first in line, checkbook in hand, begging for more.

Then came revenue sharing and thus the realization that the local fan really has no pull anymore when it comes to his home team because with revenue sharing, regardless of on field performance, regardless of ticket sales, Mike Brown gets the same check that Jerry Jones gets.

Zero incentive for Mike Brown to do anything beyond the bare minimum of expense. Hence, the 4 scouts, no GM, no indoor facility, etc.

Yes in any other town this poll would be a joke, because in any other town the owner of the team is actually trying to win.

I was just curious if anyone would actually say "even if I knew they wouldn't make the playoffs for 5 years, I would still renew my tickets each time." :lol:

I used to call them "Enablers." No matter what s**t sandwich Mike Brown was serving up, these "fans" were always first in line, checkbook in hand, begging for more.

Then came revenue sharing and thus the realization that the local fan really has no pull anymore when it comes to his home team because with revenue sharing, regardless of on field performance, regardless of ticket sales, Mike Brown gets the same check that Jerry Jones gets.

Zero incentive for Mike Brown to do anything beyond the bare minimum of expense. Hence, the 4 scouts, no GM, no indoor facility, etc.

Yes in any other town this poll would be a joke, because in any other town the owner of the team is actually trying to win.

I was just curious if anyone would actually say "even if I knew they wouldn't make the playoffs for 5 years, I would still renew my tickets each time." :lol:

Indeed, this is a very telling poll. Good idea.

Obviously me being in the Marines Corps hurts my chances of being able to have season tickets, but I go to any game within 400 miles from me. I went up to Buffalo in 2007 when Chad got hurt. I wouldn't give up my tickets. If you are a fan, you are a fan. You can't just quit on the team, all it takes is for our owner to get a few things right and we will be back in playoff contention. If it wasn't for a string of bad decisions and horrible luck they could be a perennial playoff team.

Just because we would give up our tickets, does not mean we are quiting. I live on the far side of dayton, so it is about a hour and a half there and about 2 1/2 back. So watching 10 games like last season not to mention the 6 grand for 5 more years does not sound like fun. 10 days are as important as the $. I would still watch on tv. Would that make me a quiter?