Go after Jason Taylor?

jditty47

anyone think we should stop going after coles, sign jason taylor for around 7-8 mill a year, and grab crabtree in the draft? If he's not available take an OT.

For a cheaper WR we should go for Drew Bennett, Deverey Henderson, Amani Toomer, or Reggie Williams. I think we could get any of these guys from 3-4 mill a year, sign him for 2 years and would at least stabalize the position for a year.

taylor could play for 3-4 more years at least. i have no idea what the carson's bloody nose comment was about.

they still need a RB...i hope they dont throw too much money at benson. i have no idea what they are gonna do if they dont get him though.

i dont think he was talking about retirement...if he was it was because of the crap miami was putting him through. i highly doubt he goes back to miami.

Jason Taylor-DL- Redskins Mar. 2 - 11:08 pm et

Free agent Jason Taylor has already been contacted by "roughly a dozen teams," according to Profootballtalk.com.

The Packers, Bucs, Broncos, 49ers, Browns, and possibly the Eagles and Patriots could be in play. Taylor only had 3.5 sacks in an injury-ruined 2008 season, but recorded 11 the year prior and will have no shortage of suitors.

Source: Profootballtalk.com

anyone think we should stop going after coles, sign jason taylor for around 7-8 mill a year, and grab crabtree in the draft? If he's not available take an OT.

For a cheaper WR we should go for Drew Bennett, Deverey Henderson, Amani Toomer, or Reggie Williams. I think we could get any of these guys from 3-4 mill a year, sign him for 2 years and would at least stabalize the position for a year.

Taylor was quoted yesterday hat he did not want to attend preseason workouts, that's a big no for Marvin already. Plus you don't sign a 30 something dude coming off an injury and a subpar season to a 7 or 8 million dollar contract. Somebody told Jason Taylor that he has movie star looks and it has gone to his head, he needs to go ahead and be a thespian because his commitment is not in football anymore.

a healthy palmer upgrades our offense immensely. Our D needs to stay where it was at last year, and hopefully improve the pass rush. I think we need to fill holes in the draft mainly at O-Line (with FB), but besides that, I see our biggest glaring need a WR and DE that we could possibly fill by free agency.

a healthy palmer upgrades our offense immensely. Our D needs to stay where it was at last year, and hopefully improve the pass rush. I think we need to fill holes in the draft mainly at O-Line (with FB), but besides that, I see our biggest glaring need a WR and DE that we could possibly fill by free agency.

what about rb? we don't have anyone on the roster that plays the position unless you think dd and james johnson are the answer. wr is one position that we actually have a girth of talent and FA defensive ends, that are worth anything, command big dollars and don't usually perform up to their contracts.

i know wr is a glamour position but come on, o-line depth, a starting center and a rb are all that we need on offense. i don't know why we've been wasting the FA period thus far chasing wr's.

i want taylor but do not see it happening at all sadly. we have a girth of unproven talend at WR. If I wanted, I could start naming names of big name FA DE's that were worth their money...starting with Allen that is on the Vikings, so don't give me that BS argument. Its hit or miss like any FA that there is out on the market.

Chris Perry is still under contract I think as a RFA isn't he? Yes he is not the answer, but it allows us to draft a back in the later rounds to solidify that position for a year. Benson does not HAVE to come back.

A starting center is alot lower for me on our priority list, even though an upgrade would be awesome. I agree oline depth, but that can be done through the draft.

The only thing i'd like to see us sign through FA is some of the following, a solid DE, WR, FB, RB, or backup QB. Maybe a backup Olineman but thats not as important through FA. The rest can be from the draft.

i want taylor but do not see it happening at all sadly. we have a girth of unproven talend at WR. If I wanted, I could start naming names of big name FA DE's that were worth their money...starting with Allen that is on the Vikings, so don't give me that BS argument. Its hit or miss like any FA that there is out on the market.

Chris Perry is still under contract I think as a RFA isn't he? Yes he is not the answer, but it allows us to draft a back in the later rounds to solidify that position for a year. Benson does not HAVE to come back.

A starting center is alot lower for me on our priority list, even though an upgrade would be awesome. I agree oline depth, but that can be done through the draft.

The only thing i'd like to see us sign through FA is some of the following, a solid DE, WR, FB, RB, or backup QB. Maybe a backup Olineman but thats not as important through FA. The rest can be from the draft.

so you're going to play center i guess.

and allen was traded to the vikings. try again.

guycheck is adequate at center for now unless we can get one in round 2 of the draft.

sorry for having a bad point to my argument, u know what i meant. no matter the position, there are always players that outperform their contract and ones that do the opposite.

guycheck is adequate at center for now unless we can get one in round 2 of the draft.

sorry for having a bad point to my argument, u know what i meant. no matter the position, there are always players that outperform their contract and ones that do the opposite.

yeah sorry if i came off like a prick.

teams just don't let productive pass rushers walk away without compensation, look at what's going on with peppers in carolina. he's made it clear he doesn't want to play for them and they tag him anyway, for ~14 million, to boot.

and i don't agree at all about guycheck, but we shall see. i think with this class of rookies centers we'll see one drafted in the first three rounds.

you ppl sure enjoy taking things out of context. Guycheck is more adequate than Coats at fullback, as well as other starting positions that I won't name.

you ppl sure enjoy taking things out of context. Guycheck is more adequate than Coats at fullback, as well as other starting positions that I won't name.

Name 'em.

Guycheck is a utter f**king dross. There's no sugar coating it. Sure, he's not the only sucky player we have but he's right up there, hitting with the other heavyweights in terms of sucking great big hairy donkey balls.