Quarterback Situation

Clackwoods

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bengals expected to sign former 49ers QB O’Sullivan

Posted: March 4th, 2009 | Adam Schefter | Tags: Cincinnati Bengals, J.T. O'Sullivan, Laveranues Coles, Ryan Fitzpatrick, T.J. Houshmandzadeh

Quarterback signings heated up Wednesday and it is likely to continue Thursday. The Bengals are expected to reach agreement with former 49ers starting quarterback J.T. O’Sullivan, who would take the place of Ryan Fitzpatrick, who signed with Buffalo.

It also would mark the second straight day Cincinnati has found a free-agent replacement for another player it lost.

After former Bengals wide receiver T.J. Houshmandzadeh signed with Seattle, Cincinnati lured in Laveraneus Coles (as an aside, can the Bengals find a wideout whose name is easy to spell?) Now O’Sullivan could be next.

11 INTs and 11 fumbles in 8 starts.

So you are saying he has small hands...small hands...I believe the Bengals once had a QB with small hands that disappointed fans over and over with his late game fumbles and dead duck interceptions....hmmm you know what they say about guys with small hands...

They sign smaller contracts! So now we know what Mike Brown looks at first time he meets a potential free agent...the size of his... :lol:

He also held onto the ball for a very long time in Mike Martz offense. He had no support from a running game because Frank Gore was underutilized and their Oline wasn't the hottest. I would be happy with this signing. I would much rather have Grossman, but he would be my second choice. Losman is the most talented, but he is a whiny bitch.

Who's our next backup QB, Seamus Mahony? Seriously, what's with these backup quarterbacks with Irish names? Just another way our country f**ks over the Irish. We take their best athletes and make them play backup qb for the Bengals.

Wasn't O'Sullivan the MVP of NFL Europa? Maybe he played a system close to ours over in Europe. Just because the Martz thing didn't work out doesn't mean he doesn't have skills that will translate well into our system. Assuming we have a system.

Adam Schefter

Bengals expected to sign former 49ers QB O’Sullivan

Posted: March 4th, 2009 | Adam Schefter | Tags: Cincinnati Bengals, J.T. O'Sullivan, Laveranues Coles, Ryan Fitzpatrick, T.J. Houshmandzadeh

Quarterback signings heated up Wednesday and it is likely to continue Thursday. The Bengals are expected to reach agreement with former 49ers starting quarterback J.T. O’Sullivan, who would take the place of Ryan Fitzpatrick, who signed with Buffalo.

It also would mark the second straight day Cincinnati has found a free-agent replacement for another player it lost.

After former Bengals wide receiver T.J. Houshmandzadeh signed with Seattle, Cincinnati lured in Laveraneus Coles (as an aside, can the Bengals find a wideout whose name is easy to spell?) Now O’Sullivan could be next.

Link

Who's our next backup QB, Seamus Mahony? Seriously, what's with these backup quarterbacks with Irish names? Just another way our country f**ks over the Irish. We take their best athletes and make them play backup qb for the Bengals.

He's about as Irish as I am at this point. Plus, being a QB I doubt he'd be suitable for Rugby, Gaelic football or Hurling (fantastic name for a sport). I think he's a very good pick up though. Better than that proud Celtic son Fitzpatrick at least.

I can just remember sitting at the bar with a bunch of Bears fans and when Rex would drop back to pass, the Bears fans would all be like, "Please God, Please God, Please God" and then it was usually followed with a very angered, "NO F*CKING WAY, NOT AGAIN" repsonse to him throwing another pick.

None of these guys do anything for me as a backup QB, but O'Sullivan is the only one for some reason that doesn't make me want to vomit up a lung, so I'll go with that feeling...

Probably the best option for Backup QB out there. He has game experience and has a much bigger arm than Fitz does. As long as it is not Rex "Giveaway" Grossman!!!!

11/12 is just as bad as 33/34 both turn it over but atleast Rex could air it out...

PS,Simms very well could end up starter if they trade cutler.

Probably the best option for Backup QB out there. He has game experience and has a much bigger arm than Fitz does. As long as it is not Rex "Giveaway" Grossman!!!!

11/12 is just as bad as 33/34 both turn it over but atleast Rex could air it out...

PS,Simms very well could end up starter if they trade cutler.

ITS OFFICIAL JT THE NEW BACKUP QB