Quarterback Situation

Clackwoods

First, any thought of Grossman in stripes is enough to make me want to beat up an old lady. If you ever watched any of his games, you would realize without that defense the Bears have had, they would win no games. For every 1 game Grossman "may" give you, he'll blow the next 4 if not more. He SUCKS balls !!!

Next, sadly there is no one out there that really strikes me as a "must have" guy out there to bring in as a backup. NO ONE !!!

I'm serious when I say, I would be just as happy having a rookie as the backup or even Rowe as opposed to some of the garbage out there looking for a job.

Anyone see what the Lions got for Kitna ?? The Boys starting CB last year, Henry. I thought they might have gotten a brown paper bag for him, but that was probably asking to much. I would love to see TO explode when Kitna tries to throw him a deep route.

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

First, any thought of Grossman in stripes is enough to make me want to beat up an old lady. If you ever watched any of his games, you would realize without that defense the Bears have had, they would win no games. For every 1 game Grossman "may" give you, he'll blow the next 4 if not more. He SUCKS balls !!!

Next, sadly there is no one out there that really strikes me as a "must have" guy out there to bring in as a backup. NO ONE !!!

I'm serious when I say, I would be just as happy having a rookie as the backup or even Rowe as opposed to some of the garbage out there looking for a job.

Anyone see what the Lions got for Kitna ?? The Boys starting CB last year, Henry. I thought they might have gotten a brown paper bag for him, but that was probably asking to much. I would love to see TO explode when Kitna tries to throw him a deep route.

Yeah, Grossman sucks but I think he flashes some pretty good talent, at times. I still remember that game where he threw like 6 INTs. Would you pick Anthony Wright, Kyle Boller or J.P. Losman over Rex? I still think the player is going to be Patrick Ramsey. It was reported that the Bengals offered a conditional 5th round pick to the Redskins for him, when he fell out of favor there, although that was a few years ago. We'll definitely be picking another QB this year in the mid to late rounds, regardless of who we sign.

I think you all need to go back and check old Rex again. He was worse than Favre when it came to being able to predict when he was going to throw an INT. In six years with the Bears, he's managed 33 TD's to his 35 INT's. He reminds me of Kitna with less intelligence. NO...

Would I rather Boller or whoever else has been mentioned ?? No, I thought I made it clear they all equally suck !!! All I can say is they better get some protection for Carson, because if he goes down again, it's season over. AGAIN !!!

I think you all need to go back and check old Rex again. He was worse than Favre when it came to being able to predict when he was going to throw an INT. In six years with the Bears, he's managed 33 TD's to his 35 INT's. He reminds me of Kitna with less intelligence. NO...

Would I rather Boller or whoever else has been mentioned ?? No, I thought I made it clear they all equally suck !!! All I can say is they better get some protection for Carson, because if he goes down again, it's season over. AGAIN !!!

Good post, but I think Rex had a bad deal in Chicago. He hasn't played with any receiving threats the entire time he's been in the league. I believe he has a winning record as a starter and that's an impressive feat, no matter the dominance of the defense (ask Tavaris Jackson or Gus Ferrotte, who just happens to be a possibility to return to the Bengals). One thing I thought lacked last year was that we didn't have a QB that can throw the ball downfield, and that's what Rex does best. QB's like that help your running game, too, as the 8th defender has to play honest.

Good post, but I think Rex had a bad deal in Chicago. He hasn't played with any receiving threats the entire time he's been in the league. I believe he has a winning record as a starter and that's an impressive feat, no matter the dominance of the defense (ask Tavaris Jackson or Gus Ferrotte, who just happens to be a possibility to return to the Bengals). One thing I thought lacked last year was that we didn't have a QB that can throw the ball downfield, and that's what Rex does best. QB's like that help your running game, too, as the 8th defender has to play honest.

Trent Dilfer won a superbowl and Kerry Collins just got a contract extension at 36 to start over the number 3 pick in the draft.........................................................They both suck horribly as QB's.....HORRIBLY and they play for winning teams!

Trent Dilfer won a superbowl and Kerry Collins just got a contract extension at 36 to start over the number 3 pick in the draft.........................................................They both suck horribly as QB's.....HORRIBLY and they play for winning teams!

They were QB's who wearn't losing their team games...Rex Loses games....

As a fan who watches the Bears as my NFC team, you got it exactly right about Rex's inability to be a consistently good QB. He blows more often than he shines.

I am still of the opinion that backup QB is a waste of time for this team, without CP the Bengals go no where!! Use the FA money to bring in talent that will allow a healthy CP prosper and hope he stays that way all season.

One thing I thought lacked last year was that we didn't have a QB that can throw the ball downfield, and that's what Rex does best.

Really ?? Rex can throw the long ball ?? From all the stats I can find on him this is what I've found:

Out of 521 career completions, only 16 have gone for more than 40 yards. Hardly the long ball threat you are looking for.

Sorry, but if we bring in Grossman, I will take every opportunity to bash the sh*t out of him !!! I hate that dude.

Becuase as some of you say RGrossman never had any recieving threats teams should have played 8 maybe 9 man fronts to stop there running game, and that means 1 on 1 coverage most of the time and yet he still threw all those INT's maybe coaching would help him to stop turning the ball over, but I would want a backup with a better track record...

Of the FA QB's, there are none that get me interested. Leftwich or Carr could be options, I suppose.

Pat White intrigues me. Gotta believe he has a better arm and legs than Fitzsackalot.

If we could've signed a C, I was hoping for Pat White in the 2nd round. Now it looks like that pick will in fact be a C/G type.

We need to sign a guy who can come in and be productive, at least, especially if there's any question about Carson's health.

we need a descent FB for this offense to work - we need that worse than a new center. I do think we need to draft a center by the 5th round though.

Pat white - can I say hell to the no? He is too thin to play QB in the NFL as a running QB. He's gonna end up as a WR so that would jsut be a waste to have a project when we dont even have great depth to support that kind of wait.

we need a descent FB for this offense to work - we need that worse than a new center. I do think we need to draft a center by the 5th round though.

Pat white - can I say hell to the no? He is too thin to play QB in the NFL as a running QB. He's gonna end up as a WR so that would jsut be a waste to have a project when we dont even have great depth to support that kind of wait.

i don't think a fifth round center would do anything to upgrade the position. a fifth round fullback makes a lot more sense. i think you have those two confused.

I for one would love Pat White because he is so dynamic it's scary. The guy can throw the ball, he actually looked better than anyone at the combine. He made Sanchez look stupid. He'd be the perfect Wildcat QB, and can play reciever! Why not look at him. I think that the most overlooked thing about him is his arm. He can throw, and throw very well. He is accuarate, and he is not MIKE VICK. Look at him if he is there in the 3rd

The interesting thing about Pat White is that if he becomes a Bengal, he instantly becomes the Bengals backup QB and could get in the mix at WR, as he learns the QB position at the NFL level. I think he might have an impact returning kicks, too.

I do agree that he is a luxury pick, for the most part and the way we've handled free agency so far, we'll have some definite holes to fill and really can't afford to get a backup type of player in the 2nd or 3rd round. That said, if the Bengals feel he is the best player on the board when they pick, I'd rather them draft him than reach for another player to fill a need.

Always draft BPA. Always.

Always draft BPA. Always.

That worked wonders with Chris Perry didn't it?

I really don't think it was BPA with Chris. I think the Bengals internally knew back then that Rudi wasn't the answer and they hoped Chris would be. It's not like Chris Perry dropped in the draft; he was picked around where he was projected to go the late 1st round. I always wonder what could've been with S-Jax.

we dont need to upgrade the center position as bad as we need to upgrade the FB position. i dont have anything confused.

Ditty, what's up ?? Just curious where you were going with this one ?? The center position has been a weakness since Braham retired and playing against the teams we do in the AFCN, our center needs to be a beast. He also calls the plays for the o-line and needs to be smarter than the average bear. A fullback has nowhere near the responsibility the center does and I think the fullback position could be upgraded with an UDFA, but I wouldn't mind seeing a 5th rounder used to do that.

No trying to be funny, just curious your thoughts behind your opinion...

we haven't been able to run the ball since JJ gained weight. yes we need a better center but we have a HORRIBLE FB right now. FB is by far our biggest weakness if you go by skill level. that is why i say that. If we want to have the running game we had in 05, we need a huge upgrade at FB. that is why i say that. Yes we have many positions that need upgrading badly, but my point is that I hope to god a FB is not forgotten. i could go without upgrading center for 1 more season. I also don't think Benson can carry the load for an entire season on a good team. If he does re-sign, i hope we get someone that can back him up reliably.

Quinn Johnson and Brannan Sutherland would be nice 5th round picks.

I think you'll see more double TE sets, in lieu of a FB. Utecht is getting paid too much to only play on passing downs. I thought Kelly did well in the past as a lead blocker.

Anybody have any ideas on Jeremi coming back? He was a Pro Bowl alternate just 2 seasons ago. It's interesting that another team hasn't even sniffed him.