Quarterback Situation

Clackwoods

Well, We have lost our boy Fitzpatrick to the Bills.

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/9270512...y-blog?MSNHPHMA

What are our options at quarterback? I want to know if Jordan is good enough to step up and take over if Carson gets hurt again. I wouldn't mind promoting him to backup and bringing in a sixth or seventh rounder as the third stringer! Pat White in the third anyone?

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Gus Ferrotte is now available. :lol:

Actually I see the best fit being....wait for it...Rex Grossman. The guy has had no chance in Chicago with a bad set of receivers and up until this year a weak running game. Grossman has enough of an arm, and enough maneuverability that I think he would make a fine backup to Carson.

we have enough to worry about without spending a third round pick on pat white. but it would make for interesting wild cat formations. i've been hearing a lot about patrick ramsey, he seems semi-capable and cheap. grossman probably wants to compete for a starting gig, and would ask for too much

Depending on the average dollars per year, this could net us as high as a r6 comp pick. More likely a r7 pick, but then again, QBs do tend to be paid on a higher scae than most other players

I was hoping he'd stay - I will bet they will sign a scrub veteran QB toward the tail end of the FA period on the cheap.

Well if they keep Rowe and Palmer version 2.0, then that gives them 3 QBs. I am guessing they sign an undrafted QB and maybe bring in a veteran like Brad Johnson, Gus Ferrotte, or Charlie Batch.

Personally I would prefer a Rex Grossman or J.P. Losman. David Carr wouldn't be bad either.

Depending on the average dollars per year, this could net us as high as a r6 comp pick. More likely a r7 pick, but then again, QBs do tend to be paid on a higher scae than most other players

I was hoping he'd stay - I will bet they will sign a scrub veteran QB toward the tail end of the FA period on the cheap.

preface

i haven't been around here long. the roles you guys play and the dynamic of this board might as well be aramaic to me.

but you must be the compensatory pick guy.

Well, We have lost our boy Fitzpatrick to the Bills.

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/9270512...y-blog?MSNHPHMA

What are our options at quarterback? I want to know if Jordan is good enough to step up and take over if Carson gets hurt again. I wouldn't mind promoting him to backup and bringing in a sixth or seventh rounder as the third stringer! Pat White in the third anyone?

Promote Jordan? No way we would probably have the worst backup quarterback in the league if we had him as our number one backup, did you see him when he got in the game? He had that deer in the headlight look, I'm not that big on Palmer 1.0 less Palmer 2.0. Someone said we have too much to worry about to draft Pat White in the third round, that's a lie we need someone capable to back Palmer up, we have witnessed how quick a quarterback is done for the season and we are done for the season. I want us to at least have a fighters chance if that happened, now I'm not saying Pat White would give us that fighters chance but damn he's a better option then Jordan Palmer.

preface

i haven't been around here long. the roles you guys play and the dynamic of this board might as well be aramaic to me.

but you must be the compensatory pick guy.

He is a cheap guy too. He only looks for the cheapest talent.

and another thing...why i would want to bring vick in...CP needs someone to light a fire under his ass and get him motivated to keep his job and progress us into a playoff contender.

Vick would be horrible in Cincinnati for one reason, he loves TE's and the Bengals don't have a proven one. Besides, within his first week in Cincinnati he would be tased and in jail for some kind of parking violation or forgetting to scoop up his steaming dog pile in the park. Just out of curiosity...is there any kind of judge order that says Vick can no longer own a dog?

Utecht is a good TE its just CP doesn't like to utalize them. Vick will be just like Ray Lewis once hes out, hes gonna be a beast. If we can get his rights for a 6th or 7th rounder, why wouldnt we? I know why we WONT do it, so dont think im being dilusional. I know we won't take a run at Vick, but I for one am looking at the potential upside. Look at the garbage we had to put on the field when CP went out last year...its hard to get a good backup.

If not vick I would say Losman like I said, then Leftwich, then Grossman.